watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Southampton manager

Started by Jules, February 14, 2023, 11:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Jesse Marsch is apparently set to take over from Nathan Jones. Source - Athletic

Marcel_Gecov

He's a far more positive option than the guy they just sacked but does seem an odd choice to hire the guy your relegation rivals just sacked. I imagine it's the RB connection to Hassenhuttl that will make him interesting to them.

Jules

Talks apparently broken down now. Not sure who Soton will turn to now...

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Jules on February 15, 2023, 03:10:41 PM
Scotty P 🤣🤣👍⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Art Vandelay

I've hear Felix Magath has a good reputation for keeping clubs up plus he is available.

Craven Mad

Give it a couple of days and Steve Bruce's name will do the rounds...

Southampton will end the season in last place: that club is lost right now. They just need to bring in an ex-player as caretaker for the rest of the season, as that'll appease the fans and there's no chance anyone good will come in right now, and then aim to rebuild in a lower league next year.

Jim©

they have actually got a lot of very decent young players- that's essentially who they've bought the last few windows. I guess it all depends on how many of them they can hold onto next season if they do go down (as I think is likely).

Buffalo76

Don't see the fascination with Marsch myself. I'd be quite glad if I was a Saints fan if he wasn't appointed.

SerbianLad

I like them the most of all of the current bottom five teams, but they look least likely to stay up. Ideally I'd like Leeds, West Ham amd Everton to go down.

I doubt Marsh would have helped them stay up, but the problem seems to be that they are unable to attract anyone good, whichis a shame because, as Jim said they do have some exciting young players, I'm sure under a good coach they'd stay up.

gang

If they go down I wouldn't mind signing James Ward Prowse

Carborundum

Wondered if Marsch was really going to go through with it.  Getting two teams relegated in the same season is a fairly unique blot on any copybook. 

Southampton have got some serious talent.  Based on their showing at the Cottage, the cream of their crop would be Edozie.  I'd expect quite a tussle for his services whether they stay up or not. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 15, 2023, 03:29:13 PM
Scotty P 🤣🤣👍⚽️
Can't be Scott Parker....
Brugges FC Vs Benfica tonight.
Scott Parker could be Champions League Winner in 7 games!!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: gang on February 15, 2023, 05:44:06 PM

Join the queue.

SerbianLad

I like him, but do we really need him? Don't think he's better than our current midfielders for the style we play and his biggest asset, the set piece taking, isn't really needed either, Andreas amd Willian are both excellent set piece takers.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 15, 2023, 08:51:32 PM
I like him, but do we really need him? Don't think he's better than our current midfielders for the style we play and his biggest asset, the set piece taking, isn't really needed either, Andreas amd Willian are both excellent set piece takers.
Agreed.  He's a bit of a one (very good) trick pony.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Deeping_white

I guess you could put him next to Palhinha and then you'd have a modern day Murphy and Etuhu with one being the destroyer and the other a playmaker who's not afraid of getting stuck in? I like Reed but he's not the most useful CM when it comes to retaining the ball and JWP will improve us there and offer a different sort of profile

SerbianLad

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 15, 2023, 09:13:12 PM

I guess you could put him next to Palhinha and then you'd have a modern day Murphy and Etuhu with one being the destroyer and the other a playmaker who's not afraid of getting stuck in? I like Reed but he's not the most useful CM when it comes to retaining the ball and JWP will improve us there and offer a different sort of profile
Lukic will offer that, Cairney offers that too. I don't think he offers just set pieces, but I think Reed is better suited for our playing style, and I think Lukic will be better suited as well.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 15, 2023, 06:39:14 PM
Scotty P 🤣🤣👍⚽️
Lost 2-0 at home....
might all be over for this season...?
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ianthailand

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 15, 2023, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 15, 2023, 06:39:14 PM
Scotty P 🤣🤣👍⚽️
Lost 2-0 at home....
might all be over for this season...?
COYW
Angling for another payoff. Incompetence rules ok!