watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Solomon - sign him up

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 18, 2023, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Let's hope we sign him because for sure as hell, he will be at Brighton if we don't
Their manager loves him

LC

Quote from: WindyCity on February 18, 2023, 06:11:24 PM
Quote from: LC on February 18, 2023, 05:04:13 PM
I'm worried that he might leave when this loan/contract cancellation comes to an end.

I still don't know what his 'deal' is with FFC.  I thought we already had an agreed extension in place when he first signed and came over here?  I could be wrong, but his 'deal' is very muddied.  Would like to know more about it, hope he sticks at CC.

FIFA allowed players impacted by the war to cancel their contracts for a year. Solomon then joined us for a season for free. When he goes back he'll have 6 months left on his contract. We originally agreed a £5m to £6m permanent deal then pulled out and got him for free.

The problem is, he's not our player, so he could sign a pre-contract in the summer for anyone. If he decides to stay with us, his parent club, Shakhtar Donetsk, could demand a much higher fee than what we originally agreed last summer. The pre-contract is also somewhat irrelevant, if he signs a pre-contract with us or anyone else, he'll still need to stay with Shakhtar Donetsk until his contract is up. So basically a fee will need to be paid.

In the back of my mind I'm also looking ant Arsenal's Trossard deal- 6 months on his contract and they paid £27m for him. If Solomon continues this form will we be able to afford him

junior white

Quote from: bobbo on February 18, 2023, 05:02:35 PM
Start him . What's he doing on the bench ?
He looks quality so far but who does he stat over, he plays on the left so do we drop Willian? If we move Willian to the right it may not work, that was one of the issue at Arsenal. Can Manor play on the right i ask as i do not know

wback

Not sure who he needs to start ahead of - at some point someone will miss some games and he'll get a run. If he does well, someone else will struggle to get back in.

Perreira is perhaps a candidate at the moment, maybe he goes in at 10?

SerbianLad

Quote from: wback on February 18, 2023, 08:55:51 PM
Not sure who he needs to start ahead of - at some point someone will miss some games and he'll get a run. If he does well, someone else will struggle to get back in.

Not for me. Pereira was poor today, he was mostly excellent in other games. Was key for our wins against Forest and Sunderland.

junior white

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 18, 2023, 09:06:33 PM

Not for me. Pereira was poor today, he was mostly excellent in other games. Was key for our wins against Forest and Sunderland.
Solomon isn't a ten

SerbianLad

Quote from: junior white on February 18, 2023, 09:10:47 PM

Solomon isn't a ten
That too. But I could see him or Willian doing a job there. Don't think Pereira is going to be dropped anytime soon.

junior white

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 18, 2023, 09:27:48 PM

Solomon isn't a ten
That too. But I could see him or Willian doing a job there. Don't think Pereira is going to be dropped anytime soon.
Perso ally i cant, Willian at arsenal played right and central a lt and wasnt a tenth. Of the okloayer we have now Solomon from what I've seen is a left sided player so just do not see that working, also wouldn't drop Andreas

SerbianLad

Quote from: junior white on February 18, 2023, 10:07:23 PM

Solomon isn't a ten
Perso ally i cant, Willian at arsenal played right and central a lt and wasnt a tenth. Of the okloayer we have now Solomon from what I've seen is a left sided player so just do not see that working, also wouldn't drop Andreas
Yeah maybe you're right. We're agreement regarding Andreas at least.

I'd say play Solomon and Willian in the games against bottom half teams with them changing positions throughout the match, and against top half teams play BDR and one of Willian/Solomon.

junior white

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 18, 2023, 10:13:58 PM
Quote from: junior white on February 18, 2023, 10:07:23 PM

Solomon isn't a ten
Yeah maybe you're right. We're agreement regarding Andreas at least.

I'd say play Solomon and Willian in the games against bottom half teams with them changing positions throughout the match, and against top half teams play BDR and one of Willian/Solomon.
So you play either Willian or Solomon on the right or dro0 Willian

That wouldn't even enter my thoughts

SerbianLad

Quote from: junior white on February 18, 2023, 10:26:29 PM
So you play either Willian or Solomon on the right or dro0 Willian

That wouldn't even enter my thoughts
In games against bottom half teams yes, I'd play both Willian and Solomon and have them interchange throughout the match. I think that would work well. Wolves match we have next is a good example of a game where I'd try that.

I didn't say I'd drop Willian. But I'd start only one of Willian/Solomon against top half teams, depending on which one is fitter/more rested however you'd like to call it or depending on form. Willian would still be my pick at the moment when both fully fit.

TheCeiling

Just my thought (and I'm aware some might not agree):

When I'm thinking about the winger position, I first and foremost care about what offensive skills a certain player can add before I'm thinking about his defensive attributes. I'm getting the sense that people tend to a little bit overestimate the defensive attributes BDR adds, to the point they forget it's an attacking position. We saw throughout the year and also today that we often struggle to create chances, especially away, because we've often lacked the pace and skills a player in Solomon's caliber could add. I wish we could play all the three of BDR, Solomon and Willian together, but since winger is an attacking position, and I want the best talent in there, Solomon and Willian would be my first choices. Manor is an athletic player who knows how to defend when being coached. I'm 100% confident starting him against any team, not only wouldn't hurt us, but also would really improve us going forward. He's a top player.

LC

You could switch to a 4-4-2 with Solomon on the left, Andreas on the right and Willian and Mitrovic up top. Or even Willian the left and Solomon up top.

I think Andreas could do well on the right, he has lots of energy and a great cross on him- it could work well. You would probably see him drift to the middle a little and Tete wean provide width.

I think we would have real attacking intent with that formation. It's more of a hybrid 4-4-2

General

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 18, 2023, 05:49:52 PM
Hasn't Marco said that he has to speak to both Solomon and Willian first before he makes any further plans in the Summer.?
Make what you like of it but he also said that he had to do this to be fair to both players.

Just imagine losing both.

vancouver

We took a risk and lost.

Deal secured for 8M.

We were given chance to sign him on loan for free(just wages) instead and took it. As it was likely the safest FFP position.

We have 3 months till anyone can approach him on a free. (Due to UKR contracts ands season) 

jayffc

Quote from: vancouver on February 19, 2023, 05:36:51 AM
We took a risk and lost.

Deal secured for 8M.

We were given chance to sign him on loan for free(just wages) instead and took it. As it was likely the safest FFP position.

We have 3 months till anyone can approach him on a free. (Due to UKR contracts ands season) 

This would be a monumental balls up in hindsight if we lose out on a permanent deal because we didn't just cough up the 8m. I remember thinking that looked an absolutely steal at the time.

Can only hope he's buying into the project here and falls in love with the club. We can but hope but there may be champs league teams enquiring come the summer at this rate.

FFC In Oz

If we don't manage to secure him permanently it will be a massive loss.

H4usuallysitting

Solomon just wants to score goals.... it's the first thought in his head

junior white

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 19, 2023, 08:00:23 AM
If we don't manage to secure him permanently it will be a massive loss.
Agree