more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Solomon - sign him up

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 18, 2023, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: LC on February 19, 2023, 02:06:37 AM
You could switch to a 4-4-2 with Solomon on the left, Andreas on the right and Willian and Mitrovic up top. Or even Willian the left and Solomon up top.

I think Andreas could do well on the right, he has lots of energy and a great cross on him- it could work well. You would probably see him drift to the middle a little and Tete wean provide width.

I think we would have real attacking intent with that formation. It's more of a hybrid 4-4-2
He has played both sides but in a recent interview he started he dint want to play wide that was one of the reasons for coming to us as

Having these issues is a nice position to be in though, cant remember the last time we had it

junior white

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 18, 2023, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: junior white on February 18, 2023, 10:26:29 PM
So you play either Willian or Solomon on the right or dro0 Willian

That wouldn't even enter my thoughts
In games against bottom half teams yes, I'd play both Willian and Solomon and have them interchange throughout the match. I think that would work well. Wolves match we have next is a good example of a game where I'd try that.

I didn't say I'd drop Willian. But I'd start only one of Willian/Solomon against top half teams, depending on which one is fitter/more rested however you'd like to call it or depending on form. Willian would still be my pick at the moment when both fully fit.
Be default you are dropping him as you start rotating him, i believe (just my view0 one of the reasons Willian is playing so well is he is playing on the left (like he did for Chelsea) and playing consistently, he loses effectiveness on the right so switching him games could be a risk. Solomon is also a left sided player so again playing him on the right is also a risk. But as I have said in another post it is a nice position to be in. Some may say the injuries to Wilson and Solomon didnt help us as we had to sign a couple of wide players and I came Willian and James, which now means with most fit we have some good selection issues

SerbianLad

Quote from: junior white on February 19, 2023, 08:45:23 AM
Be default you are dropping him as you start rotating him, i believe (just my view0 one of the reasons Willian is playing so well is he is playing on the left (like he did for Chelsea) and playing consistently, he loses effectiveness on the right so switching him games could be a risk. Solomon is also a left sided player so again playing him on the right is also a risk. But as I have said in another post it is a nice position to be in. Some may say the injuries to Wilson and Solomon didnt help us as we had to sign a couple of wide players and I came Willian and James, which now means with most fit we have some good selection issues
No it doesn't mean that. Dropping someone isn't the same as resting someone/managing someone's fitness. Dropping means that someone had poor form and was replaced with someone else. And I said that at the moment I'd start Willian when both fully fit against top half teams.

I also didn't say I'd switch Solomon's and Willians positions between games, but during games. Modern managers often implement this tactic. Also Willian looked absolutely fine on the right against Newcastle so don't think it would be that big of a problem even if he started on the right, which again, isn't something I said.

FFC In Oz

I think Manor needs to start over Bobby in most games.

Bobby does a lot of great defensive work, but the fact is he's only had 4 goals and 1 assist in 23 PL games.

I think BDR is fine to start in games against the Top 6 when Kenny needs a bit more defensive coverage, however, Manor should be starting in most of our home games.  He seems to have a lot more end product and gets in to dangerous positions more frequently.

Andy S

What's wrong with bringing players on late in the game when your opponents have got tired legs? Nothing in my opinion

junior white

Quote from: Andy S on February 19, 2023, 10:11:06 AM
What's wrong with bringing players on late in the game when your opponents have got tired legs? Nothing in my opinion
Agree

junior white

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 19, 2023, 09:12:51 AM
No it doesn't mean that. Dropping someone isn't the same as resting someone/managing someone's fitness. Dropping means that someone had poor form and was replaced with someone else. And I said that at the moment I'd start Willian when both fully fit against top half teams.

I also didn't say I'd switch Solomon's and Willians positions between games, but during games. Modern managers often implement this tactic. Also Willian looked absolutely fine on the right against Newcastle so don't think it would be that big of a problem even if he started on the right, which again, isn't something I said.
Surely you only manage fitness if it is an issue?

I know what managers do and switching during games to put a player in a side he isn't comfortable or doesn't want to play is foolhardy as you won't get the best from them, they will do it and give it their best but it won't be their best.

I thought Newcastle was poor from Willian looked a shadow of the player we had seen this season

SerbianLad

Quote from: junior white on February 19, 2023, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 19, 2023, 09:12:51 AM

Surely you only manage fitness if it is an issue?

I know what managers do and switching during games to put a player in a side he isn't comfortable or doesn't want to play is foolhardy as you won't get the best from them, they will do it and give it their best but it won't be their best.

I thought Newcastle was poor from Willian looked a shadow of the player we had seen this season
Yes of course thats why I said I'd switch between Willian/Solomon depending on fitness, or if one of them drops in form. Again, I said that at the moment, when both fully fit, Willian is ahead of Solomon in the pecking order.

I disagree with the other statement, but fair enough. Each to their own.

Kfar saba

Maybe speculation that manor steel on the bench is becose
We now something about the contract
And prefer to hide him as long as negotiations, I can't believe that after half year at Fulham the coaching stuff
Did not now what a diamond we have , ok the team doing well so I'm conspiring but time will tell what's happened in the office

Twig

I think we have all arrived at the conclusion that Solomon is a bit special.  Howeve I'm not sure Marco quite shares that opinion yet as he seems reluctant to start him and even yesterday was slow to bring him on as a sub.  Fair enough, Marco sees them in training and we don't so I'm happy to go with his jusgement. However I doubt that sitting on the bench week in, week out will do much to persuade Solomon to turn down other offers in a few months time in order to stay with us?

Hamboy

Quote from: Andy S on February 19, 2023, 10:11:06 AM

nothing wrong with it from a managers/club standpoint,most clubs would love to have equal or high quality from the bench, but not really a privilege a club like Fulham has with a player like manor imo.
I don't think he will be happy getting these 20ish mins for much longer, so with his contract situation the club will need to decide how to implement him or have some kind of rotation system to have more minutes go around.

wback

I think the quality of that finish yesterday will have alerted a lot of people if we don't already have something locked down with him. It was Salah/Luis Diaz-esque. Not saying he's that good, but the way he found the corner, at basically full speed, with the one chance he had was exceptional.

On Willian - let's get him for another year, but remembering he's 35 in the summer, and I do imagine that's starting to push it.

To me, it looks more likely we need to find another right-sided player if we want to improve. Wilson seems not to be quite there at the moment and BDR's teamplay is fantastic, but the productivity has fallen a bit after a fast start to the season. Perhaps it's because he doesn't feel Wilson is really pushing him?

What nice 'problems' to have...

bog

The Brighton manager De Zebri was his boss at Donetsk. I reckon he will trying to sign him. He spoke very glowingly of Manor yesterday.   Tapping up in disguise? 

092.gif

bencher

Quote from: wback on February 19, 2023, 02:04:42 PM
I think the quality of that finish yesterday will have alerted a lot of people if we don't already have something locked down with him. It was Salah/Luis Diaz-esque. Not saying he's that good, but the way he found the corner, at basically full speed, with the one chance he had was exceptional.

On Willian - let's get him for another year, but remembering he's 35 in the summer, and I do imagine that's starting to push it.

To me, it looks more likely we need to find another right-sided player if we want to improve. Wilson seems not to be quite there at the moment and BDR's teamplay is fantastic, but the productivity has fallen a bit after a fast start to the season. Perhaps it's because he doesn't feel Wilson is really pushing him?

What nice 'problems' to have...

For me, the finish conjured up memories of Gareth Bale's hat-trick for Spurs at Inter Milan in I think 2010, all 3 similar finishes. With the difference that this was Manor's weaker foot and all the more impressive.

As regards doing it a full speed - if you look carefully Solomon does actually slightly slow down to settle himself before shooting, which I'm sure made all the difference. A brilliant finish.

MickyAdamsFamily

Somerset Fulham

There will be a deal in place, I'm sure of it.  Especially after we looked after him through his injury, if he wasn't our player then we could have sent him back.

LC

Deeping_white

We should be looking to agree a deal ASAP - it's a small sample size of minutes but he's already shown he's better than James & Wilson and is far more direct than BDR so for the reported fee of circa £8m its a no brainer considering that's cheaper than Wilson and 40% of James' reported fee when Leeds bought him. Not sure there'll be better value for money this summer on a 23 year old winger if we don't tie him down to a long term deal.

itombomb

Yeah, I hope we're just doing the deal. Even with 10 months left on his contract £7/8m would be a snip on a 4/5 year deal.

Tete at Leicester also looks some player who is in a similar situation. Would be fun to see if we could do a double with Shaktar and have a Tete double up on the right flank.