SerbianLad

Quote from: Bill2 on March 12, 2023, 04:47:12 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 04:11:11 PM
Quote from: KentFulham on March 12, 2023, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 04:08:15 PM
Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2023, 04:06:01 PM
Quote from: Milo on March 12, 2023, 03:54:25 PM
Awful first half display.....
The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?

You posted this at half time, but I don't recall Mitro winning a single header in the first half, let alone "beating his man in the air each time". I don't think he was by any stretch the worst player out there, and I don't think it is for lack of trying, but he is clearly either carrying injury, badly out of form, or a combination of both. He just is not worrying defenders physically or busting a gut to create a half yard in the penalty area, which is what he does at his best.
Mitro won more aerial duels than anyone on the pitch. He was good today. So was Leno. Solomon and Andreas had some nice moments. Tete and Diop improved in the second half, especially Tete. Robinson was woeful.

Winning aerial headers then losing the ball and waving your arms about isn't great
His holdup play was incredible today. Show me one instance where he lost the ball. Hit the crossbar too.
Absolutely,  he constantly won the ball taking it down on his chest, but unfortunately ha wes crowded out by 2 or 3 players and wasmon the end of some.rough treatment.  Not sure what he  has to do to get a free kick,  at one point he was having his arm pulled out of its socket but hot nothing.
That's the way I saw the game too.

hovewhite

Mitro is the focal point of the team and has provided quality every season,however he needs a Gee up from Silva ,have thought that the last handful of games.

KentFulham

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2023, 04:43:50 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 12, 2023, 04:23:50 PM
Mitro haters out in force again I see. Embarrassing

Sorry, this sort of comment is irksome.  The adjectives "great" and "incredible" were used to describe Mitro's hold up play, and I don't share that view.  It is hardly being a "Mitro hater" to think those adjectives don't apply.

But I am breaking my own rule of not becoming caught up in fruitless internet discussion.  We have all had a chance to state our opinions.

Agree - I tire of the comments that Mitro is almost untouchable, he is clearly showing poor form, but we have also failed to have suitable back up. Question is what to do about it. Not simply hide behind past great form

Sgt Fulham

Oh well, lost 3 nil to a really good team without our best player. We all know Joao is the main reason we're in the top half, but we shouldn't use today as a yardstick. We've accomplished the main goal this season, so the rest is all a bonus imo. It does highlight that we need to be really careful not to lose Palhinha without an appropriate replacement this summer, though.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Robinson = Weaknesses exposed.  Tosin - No speed, Solomon = Tricky but to what extent is he an individualist rather than a 'Team' player? He shot when Mitro was standing unmarked.. Perreira  - Busy but too many passes going astray.
Lukic - Not yet up to speed or slotting in to the system.
Generally - When we did get in to attacking positions there were too many square passes and no attempt to run the channels . Not that t.heir defence allowed many opportunities.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Milo on March 12, 2023, 04:12:34 PM
Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2023, 04:06:01 PM
Awful first half display.....
The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?

You posted this at half time, but I don't recall Mitro winning a single header in the first half, let alone "beating his man in the air each time". I don't think he was by any stretch the worst player out there, and I don't think it is for lack of trying, but he is clearly either carrying injury, badly out of form, or a combination of both. He just is not worrying defenders physically or busting a gut to create a half yard in the penalty area, which is what he does at his best.

He won a lot of battles in the air. He also held the ball up well, kept spreading the ball wide and creating attacks. He then hit the bar in the second half with only a half chance.
If you want to be pedantic, then no I'm sure he didn't win "every chance".. Zzz.

Too often the ball he played went to the centre half or the full back. Far too far back for an effect lay off and far too safe.

There were a couple of good switches he played first half but then he stopped looking for it.

When Mitro is on it, his passing is a lot better and way more ambitious. That's why he's hold up play was ok at best.

His movement off the ball is really poor at the moment. I would guess mostly due to this injury.

He's not moving as well as he usually does.. hence why he's been caught offside more frequently in recent matches.

If Serbianlad thinks Mitro was incredible today then I'd be enormously worried as a Fulham fan. I've seen him much much better..

bobbo

I actually thought we played well in patches today , obviously without enough to finish ( score ) if I had to single out any player who I thought didn't play that well Andrea's would be the one , and I'm a fan of him I think he's been instrumental in our good form this season. One thing I can't understand is why the boss pulled Solomon of , I know it was at a point where we couldn't win but I thought he stood out today and how do you pull off a player that Barcelona are checking out .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SerbianLad

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 12, 2023, 05:09:43 PM
If Serbianlad thinks Mitro was incredible today then I'd be enormously worried as a Fulham fan. I've seen him much much better..
I never said he was incredible. I said his hold up play was incredible and I stand by it. I said he was one of our best if not the best players today and I stand by it too. He can play much better, but he was pretty good today. 7 headed duels won is incredible.

What I found absolutely ridiculous is the fact that he is being singled out by some, in a game where he was nowhere near as poor as most players and played decently today.

bobbo

Stop the bickering lads you're all entitled to an opinion.

Brawn

Luka

I have Mitro down as my MOTM.
Thought he put a shift in and had positive body language all game.

bobbo

Away from our form or arsenal at that . I thought the ref was good today.

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on March 12, 2023, 04:04:19 PM
Awful first half display.  Robinson and Tete the main culprits with abject performances. I don't understand the decision to play Tosin ahead of Diop, baffling.  The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?  Dear, oh dear. Let's hope with Diop, Palhina and Willian back we actually pitch up next week.

I thought Mitrovic and Solomon turned up.  Also thought Tete made several nice defensive plays.  The rest of the club was way off.....
Sorry disagree, for me Solomon wasn't there, I wonder is he as good as we hope he is?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SerbianLad

Quote from: bobbo on March 12, 2023, 05:34:10 PM
I really like Coote as a ref. Thought he was good in the championship and he has been good in all our games he refereed in the PL so far. One of the few good refs left.

Today the only mistake I think he made was that foul he gave Arsenal in the end, but I don't fault him for that. I'd be embarassed if I was that Arsenal player though.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 05:39:01 PM
I really like Coote as a ref. Thought he was good in the championship and he has been good in all our games he refereed in the PL so far. One of the few good refs left.

Today the only mistake I think he made was that foul he gave Arsenal in the end, but I don't fault him for that. I'd be embarassed if I was that Arsenal player though.
That was odd, even the Fulham players didn't seem to moan about.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

St Eve

We all see the game differently. We were playing the league leaders and we just didn't show up in the first half. Nobody looked particularly good, but Robinson looked particularly bad. Responsible for 2 of the three goals, lucky his own goal was offside and generally had a diabolical game.

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on March 12, 2023, 05:40:07 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 05:39:01 PM

That was odd, even the Fulham players didn't seem to moan about.
It seemed like Marco or someone from our bench said something to Arteta and Arteta was gestuting that it was a foul. Also it was at 3-0 so it didn't really matter, but just like you, I thought it was a very odd situatuion.

But I like Coote, hopefully he'll ref more of our games this season.

simplyfulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 05:22:04 PM
I never said he was incredible. I said his hold up play was incredible and I stand by it. I said he was one of our best if not the best players today and I stand by it too. He can play much better, but he was pretty good today. 7 headed duels won is incredible.

What I found absolutely ridiculous is the fact that he is being singled out by some, in a game where he was nowhere near as poor as most players and played decently today.

You can win as many headers as you like, but bar 1 or 2, they were mostly in innocuous positions.

Don't get me wrong, I am not singling Mitro out as being much worse than any others.. he wasn't even close. But he is so so so key to the way we play, that when he's not at it, everything tends to fall down like a deck of cards.

We start to rely on miracles and individual magnificence from other players to bail us out.

Mitro is plan A, B and C all in one.

SerbianLad

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 12, 2023, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 05:22:04 PM

You can win as many headers as you like, but bar 1 or 2, they were mostly in innocuous positions.

Don't get me wrong, I am not singling Mitro out as being much worse than any others.. he wasn't even close. But he is so so so key to the way we play, that when he's not at it, everything tends to fall down like a deck of cards.

We start to rely on miracles and individual magnificence from other players to bail us out.

Mitro is plan A, B and C all in one.
I viewed the game differently than you, so let's just agree to disagree.

What I think we can all agree is that Mitro looked a bit fitter today at the very least and hopefully that combined with Palhinha being back and Casemiro out for them will mean we have a shot in the cup game.

davew

Quote from: Brawn on March 12, 2023, 05:27:04 PM
I thought Pereira was awful today.
Awful is being kind to him, he was terrible!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)