more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Started by Milo, March 12, 2023, 03:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Awful first half display.

Robinson and Tete the main culprits with abject performances. I don't understand the decision to play Tosin ahead of Diop, baffling.

The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?

Dear, oh dear. Let's hope with Diop, Palhina and Willian back we actually pitch up next week.

DadCreature

Well.  We are good.  We just aren't that good.  There's a big difference between us and top of the table.

Jules

Quote from: DadCreature on March 12, 2023, 03:56:04 PM
Well.  We are good.  We just aren't that good.  There's a big difference between us and top of the table.
Yes, agree. Huge gulf in class, but that was far too easy for them at our home ground. Game done and dusted 25 mins in. It was like our last relegation season. The side look tired and way off the pace. I was expecting a defeat but not one so one sided. I really hope we can start to find form again otherwise we are going to slide down the table undoing all the hard work and great performances.

KentFulham

Quote from: Milo on March 12, 2023, 03:54:25 PM
Awful first half display.

Robinson and Tete the main culprits with abject performances. I don't understand the decision to play Tosin ahead of Diop, baffling.

The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?

Dear, oh dear. Let's hope with Diop, Palhina and Willian back we actually pitch up next week.

Even Mitro was poor really, offside positioning, slow, never present on the few crosses. We look like relegation form but safe with the great first half of the season

WindyCity

Awful first half display.  Robinson and Tete the main culprits with abject performances. I don't understand the decision to play Tosin ahead of Diop, baffling.  The only players who seemed to turn up were Leno and Mitro. Mitro seemed to be beating his man in the air each time. Yet, when given the chance we rarely ever crossed the ball?  Dear, oh dear. Let's hope with Diop, Palhina and Willian back we actually pitch up next week.

I thought Mitrovic and Solomon turned up.  Also thought Tete made several nice defensive plays.  The rest of the club was way off.....

Plodder

Awful first half display.....

I don't recall Mitro winning a single header in the first half, let alone "beating his man in the air each time". I don't think he was by any stretch the worst player out there, and I don't think it is for lack of trying, but he is clearly either carrying injury, badly out of form, or a combination of both. He just is not worrying defenders physically or busting a gut to create a half yard in the penalty area, which is what he does at his best.

hovewhite

Wouldn't like to be in the dressing room after that,to be fair we've been consistent of a good standard all season and we're a due a blip.

Twig

Can we please end this thread now? It's just too, too painful. 

WindyCity

Quote from: Jules on March 12, 2023, 04:01:23 PM
Yes, agree. Huge gulf in class, but that was far too easy for them at our home ground. Game done and dusted 25 mins in. It was like our last relegation season. The side look tired and way off the pace. I was expecting a defeat but not one so one sided. I really hope we can start to find form again otherwise we are going to slide down the table undoing all the hard work and great performances.

True, maybe huge gulf in class, but that still doesn't mean FFC can't put in an effort v a top club, especially at home.  Watched the Palace game yesterday and they deserved a point in that game v City, unfortunate PK gave City the win.  But I really expected more from FFC today, though I do recognize we were missing some key players. 

elgreenio

just needed a goal in the second half to go with the much better performance, though obviously they dropped their levels a bit.

Onto next week, Palhinha back, Casemiro out. Hopefully snatch something and then get a good break before a really important set of fixtures
touch my camera through the fence

SerbianLad

Quote from: Plodder on March 12, 2023, 04:06:01 PM

You posted this at half time, but I don't recall Mitro winning a single header in the first half, let alone "beating his man in the air each time". I don't think he was by any stretch the worst player out there, and I don't think it is for lack of trying, but he is clearly either carrying injury, badly out of form, or a combination of both. He just is not worrying defenders physically or busting a gut to create a half yard in the penalty area, which is what he does at his best.
Mitro won more aerial duels than anyone on the pitch. He was good today. So was Leno. Solomon and Andreas had some nice moments. Tete and Diop improved in the second half, especially Tete. Robinson was woeful.

Somerset Fulham

After that first half we actually did well not to end up on a right hammering against a really, really good opponent.

Move on to the next one, when hopefully those who have been missing recently will return.

HV71

Quote from: Jules on March 12, 2023, 04:01:23 PM

Very good post - we haven't been anywhere good enough in the past three games . Worrying . Players look very tired  Thank God for such a great start to the season . Need to plan for the next campaign now . Need greater depth and the main concerns  -  Jao being poached, losing Manor and Tim a year older . Unthinkable

KentFulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 04:08:15 PM

You posted this at half time, but I don't recall Mitro winning a single header in the first half, let alone "beating his man in the air each time". I don't think he was by any stretch the worst player out there, and I don't think it is for lack of trying, but he is clearly either carrying injury, badly out of form, or a combination of both. He just is not worrying defenders physically or busting a gut to create a half yard in the penalty area, which is what he does at his best.
Mitro won more aerial duels than anyone on the pitch. He was good today. So was Leno. Solomon and Andreas had some nice moments. Tete and Diop improved in the second half, especially Tete. Robinson was woeful.

Winning aerial headers then losing the ball and waving your arms about isn't great

Worcesterwhite

The first game this season that we have been blown away and not in the game, hopefully it's a one off

SerbianLad

Quote from: KentFulham on March 12, 2023, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 12, 2023, 04:08:15 PM

Winning aerial headers then losing the ball and waving your arms about isn't great
His holdup play was incredible today. Show me one instance where he lost the ball. Hit the crossbar too.

Lighthouse

The worry is that our bad form is going on for some time now. We have fluked a few results but Brentford and today shows that we are struggling. Injury problems mount which doesn't help.

We need to get back the belief we had. I am not sure our Coach always knows what to do when we are struggling. The two keepers on the bench is just pointless. Squad is light with the injury numbers. But we never looked as if we were close to being able to compete. This feels like a throw back to our relegation years in the Prem.

Conceding six in two matches is another worry. Hopefully the time has come for the turn around. More looking like a team who have met each other would help.

Don't need a good season to be blown away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on March 12, 2023, 04:10:30 PM
The first game this season that we have been blown away and not in the game, hopefully it's a one off

Second. Newcastle at home.

Milo

He won a lot of battles in the air. He also held the ball up well, kept spreading the ball wide and creating attacks. He then hit the bar in the second half with only a half chance.
If you want to be pedantic, then no I'm sure he didn't win "every chance".. Zzz.

COLMAN

Quote from: elgreenio on March 12, 2023, 04:07:59 PM
just needed a goal in the second half to go with the much better performance, though obviously they dropped their levels a bit.

Onto next week, Palhinha back, Casemiro out. Hopefully snatch something and then get a good break before a really important set of fixtures

Casemiro can play in the cup game against us I think, his suspension only applies to Premier League games....similar to Palhinha who played in the cup against Sunderland after his 2 match suspension for 10 yellows.