watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Statement

Started by EastEndWhite, March 20, 2023, 08:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastEndWhite

The Football Association has this evening published the following statement.

Fulham, Marco Silva and Aleksandar Mitrović have been charged following the incidents that took place in or around the 72nd minute of their tie against Manchester United in The FA Cup on Sunday 19 March.

It's alleged that Marco Silva used abusive and/or insulting words and/or gestures and/or behaviour towards the match referee; that he used abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official prior to his dismissal; and that he also used abusive and/or insulting words and/or gestures and/or behaviour towards the fourth official after being sent off. It's further alleged that in throwing a water bottle in the direction of the assistant referee his behaviour was improper.

The FA has claimed that the standard punishment which would otherwise apply to Aleksandar Mitrović for the sending off offence of violent conduct that he committed towards the match referee is clearly insufficient. In addition, Aleksandar Mitrović's behaviour and/or language was allegedly improper and/or abusive and/or insulting and/or threatening following his dismissal.

It's also alleged that Fulham failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.   

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/march/20/fa-statement/

junior white

Sounds like the book is being thrown at us

Caedal

Both are going to get long bans, and the club will get a massive fine

Jules

That was quick! Where is the Ivan Toney statement?!

Somerset Fulham

Violent and improper conduct doesn't sound great really, does it?

Whatabouttery and conspiracy theories aren't going to help us out of this.

junior white

Quote from: Jules on March 20, 2023, 08:31:32 PM
They have made a statement and he asked for a personal hearing that's delayed it, it's a different section of the book sadly. But for me his ban when it comes should be for games not months as he will serve it over the summer, bit this isn't about Toney at all its about us as a club

Brawn

The Marco Silva allegations are ridiculous. Klopp does the same week in, week out.

Jules

Quote from: junior white on March 20, 2023, 08:33:32 PM
Quote from: Jules on March 20, 2023, 08:31:32 PM
They have made a statement and he asked for a personal hearing that's delayed it, it's a different section of the book sadly. But for me his ban when it comes should be for games not months as he will serve it over the summer, bit this isn't about Toney at all its about us as a club
I know I know I just couldn't resist it. Seems we get very harsh judgement. Still waiting for Bruno Fernandez retrospective red card for the shove on the linesman..oh wait, brush that one under the carpet as well

Somerset Fulham

/photo/1

bahay18

Maybe take the Toney route . Admit to 90% of it and deny the rest , drag it through multiple hearings and therefore can't be punished until all resolved and he is ready to serve the ban .

SuffolkWhite

Well we ain't top 6 so we will get the the book thrown at us. Let's just hope the powers that be are as tough and fair with all Clubs and players who break rules! So Toney and his betting! Man Citeh and their ffp etc etc etc
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Somerset Fulham

25% of posts on the thread about our own misconduct mention Toney.

Brentford fans must be laughing their heads off at us for crying out loud.

Jules

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 20, 2023, 08:42:35 PM
25% of posts on the thread about our own misconduct mention Toney.

Brentford fans must be laughing their heads off at us for crying out loud.
It's because the rule making and governance of the game is so inconsistent. Ignore United's dissent in the game and punish ours. Delay Toney's case for months and immediately decide on ours, turn a blind eye to Fernandez push on linesman, shove on Mitro at corner and Anthony kick out at Robinson etc etc. We need consistency! And a ref for a United quarter final who isn't from Manchester would be nice as well!!

LC

Fernandes pushed the assistant referee and didn't even get a yellow- Mitrovic does the same and will probably get a 5 match ban- I appreciate Mitrovic went over the top so he does deserve a ban, but Fernandes shouldn't have even been in the pitch for the game. It's the inconsistency that really irritates me

SP

I'm no lip reader but I think everyone watching the game on TV saw Maguire's abusive language right in the face of the linesman - but I'm sure that charge will be in the pipeline............

Somerset Fulham

Oh come on now.

The evidence is pretty clear as far as our case is involved, allegations have been denied elsewhere and obviously continue to be investigated so there very much is a difference between the two cases.

The rest of it is just opinion.   Bruno was not in the same league as Mitro, the birthplace of the ref means nothing and about the only real problem or missed decision that I saw was the Mitro penalty that wasn't. And personally, I didn't even notice that in real time and not many seemed to have done on here until after the game.

As I have previously stated, whatabouttery and conspiracy theories do not take away from what members of our club have done and I can't for the life of me see how the hell it helps anything.

filham

Well that sounds bad, can't think of any previous situation we have faced to match this one.
I guess the best approach now is to keep quiet, lie low and take the punishment. Any attempt to reduce the sentences will only result in bigger penalties.

SP

I've seen on other club's forums that they're thoroughly enjoying our sticky situation but I suspect they may change their tune if we lose important games against the relegation threatened teams.

General

Absurd. If a man nudging another is considered violent then the referees association and FA have been a sensitive and woke touch and need to examine themselves before they fall apart internally and bring the game down.

Absurd that Bruno Fernandes gets nothing. Definitely feels like we're being made an example of.

Absurd also that the refs word is considered absolute in this instance. How on earth are they planning on proving what Marco or mitro said.

It's about time a ref link gets brought into football so these conversations can be heard.

Kemosabe

Colour me cynical, but sadly I think it's fairly obvious how this is going to go. 

"The FA and Premier League are shocked, shocked I say, at the dreadful example that professional footballers are giving and how this is being reflected in poor behaviour at the grass roots level.

"Something must be done!

"A line must be drawn!

"Now, who to choose?

"Oh good, Fulham are a small club with few fans.  They don't matter much in terms of viewing figures for Sky, BT and the international broadcast partners.  They'll do nicely!!"

Result:  6-8 match ban for Mitrovic; 4-5 match ban for Silva (who I think has already had to serve one suspension).