watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something positive to come out of this mess

Started by StuinSalop, March 21, 2023, 05:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

Carlos Vinicius will now get a run of games, not 1 or 2 but probably 6 or more.

This will mean that Fulham will need to prepare matches with him as the focal point of our forward play.
Assuming we play the normal 4-2-3-1 which I am sure we will continue with, Vinicius will not only get game time, he will be the focus off and on field during training and then matches.

By the end of the season the club and coaches will have more than enough evidence including data to access Vinicius as an asset for next season.  Is he good enough to be Mitros stand in?  If not, do we replace, do we bring in another striker to genuinely challenge for the no 9 position?  Do we change the style and create a plan B to play without an old fashioned centre forward?

Mitro is a legend and will hopefully continues for a good few years to lead our line however it's a weakness if you can't change the style, different opponents, and game situations require different tactics.  I agree with the principle, "make the opponents worry about you" and "play to your style and strength" however being able to change things when needed is an extra bow to your string.   

In addition and probably most importantly, we can't rely on one player, injuries and suspensions happen, imagine if we were currently in that bottom group and we then lost Mitro.  That could be fatal.  Vinicius has a massive opportunity, as do Fulham to decide where their priorities lie in the coming transfer window.

As a side note, Mitro has probably been getting more animated at referees this season and we all know he plays with high passion and his heart on his sleeve.  This episode should make it clear to him and his coaches that he MUST rein it in a bit.  Getting sent off and a long ban helps nobody other than our opponents on the day and in the future.  Referees will be all over this and their tolerance of his antics will now drop like a stone.

Mr White

Quote from: StuinSalop on March 21, 2023, 05:32:49 AM
Carlos Vinicius will now get a run of games, not 1 or 2 but probably 6 or more.

This will mean that Fulham will need to prepare matches with him as the focal point of our forward play.
Assuming we play the normal 4-2-3-1 which I am sure we will continue with, Vinicius will not only get game time, he will be the focus off and on field during training and then matches.

By the end of the season the club and coaches will have more than enough evidence including data to access Vinicius as an asset for next season.  Is he good enough to be Mitros stand in?  If not, do we replace, do we bring in another striker to genuinely challenge for the no 9 position?  Do we change the style and create a plan B to play without an old fashioned centre forward?

Mitro is a legend and will hopefully continues for a good few years to lead our line however it's a weakness if you can't change the style, different opponents, and game situations require different tactics.  I agree with the principle, "make the opponents worry about you" and "play to your style and strength" however being able to change things when needed is an extra bow to your string.   

In addition and probably most importantly, we can't rely on one player, injuries and suspensions happen, imagine if we were currently in that bottom group and we then lost Mitro.  That could be fatal.  Vinicius has a massive opportunity, as do Fulham to decide where their priorities lie in the coming transfer window.

As a side note, Mitro has probably been getting more animated at referees this season and we all know he plays with high passion and his heart on his sleeve.  This episode should make it clear to him and his coaches that he MUST rein it in a bit.  Getting sent off and a long ban helps nobody other than our opponents on the day and in the future.  Referees will be all over this and their tolerance of his antics will now drop like a stone.

Cumbrian White

I really do expect this whole thing to rejuvenate the whole club, the team, our performances and can see us going on a run of wins with some kind of siege mentality.

Could actually turn out to be a huge positive although there are probably better ways to achieve this!

RoyTund

Quote from: Cumbrian White on March 21, 2023, 09:18:01 AM
I really do expect this whole thing to rejuvenate the whole club, the team, our performances and can see us going on a run of wins with some kind of siege mentality.

Could actually turn out to be a huge positive although there are probably better ways to achieve this!

Feels like the rest of the season is a complete unknown right now. I hope we respond in that way.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Cumbrian White on March 21, 2023, 09:18:01 AM

It's hard to see that now but I really hope you're right.

filham

A good OP.
The remainder of the season and the summer is going to be difficult, we must try to forget that dreadful incident against Man.u., but it will not be easy.
Just hope that it does not result in players, and Silva, departing in the summer.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on March 21, 2023, 10:35:55 AM
A good OP.
The remainder of the season and the summer is going to be difficult, we must try to forget that dreadful incident against Man.u., but it will not be easy.
Just hope that it does not result in players, and Silva, departing in the summer.

Why would anyone leave over a red card and going out in the quarter finals?

Ara's bacon crisps

Good post. I think we've seen enough of Vinicius to see he's decent when used correctly. Trouble is we've asked him to play as a direct Mitro replacement and that's not his game - he's not a back to goal striker and he can't wrestle big centre halves and hold the ball up whilst we move up the pitch.

What he showed in the first half at West Ham is that he's good chasing balls over the top in the channels, his movement peeling away to score against Walham Green was clever and his ball to Solomon for him to score at Brighton was lovely.

We need to adapt to get the best out of him and with a run of games now likely, I'm sure the coaching staff will be looking at playing a bit differently to use his strengths.

Marcel_Gecov

Another positive is MS wont be going to Spurs. After Conte I cant see Levy wanting someone who is perceived as a hothead. I could see him signing a new contract over the international break.

jarv

It has been shown by the players  that we have a vey good squad and should still perform well. Of course, I would rather have Mitro there but some games I have seen he has had very few touches of the ball and the team has performed well without him. I feel without him, the lads are capable of  48 points this season.

Look to the future now.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on March 21, 2023, 10:55:50 AM
Another positive is MS wont be going to Spurs. After Conte I cant see Levy wanting someone who is perceived as a hothead. I could see him signing a new contract over the international break.

That is very true.

keith

hovewhite

Vini will get a run of games which will allow him to become the focal point of the team allow him to settle in knowing the shirt is his to lose and hopefully score a few goals.

Rj Fulham

This is Vini's chance to shine for sure, they have the international break to form a plan and gamestyle with him and the rest of the squad in order to get the best out of him. Interested to see what changes they will make in their play to accommodate him. Hopefully we can see the best of him! 049:gif 

WindyCity

We have an upcoming run of games in which points are certainly available.  Something positive would be for the lads to approach remainder of season with a siege mentality, it's us against the rest of the world, and try to finish as high as possible in the table, hopefully top half.  Get over the disappointment of the Cup game and move forward, band together, and show the rest of the league how good FFC is, with or without Mitrovic.

As far as Vinicius is concerned, I hope he has a good run as he will be given opportunity to be focal point.  Quite frankly, I'm not holding my breath.  I think we've already seen what he is, so I don't really expect any major revelations.  Again, hope for the best, but I think it will be down to an overall team effort to gather points the rest of the season.

StuinSalop

All the replies are great, thanks.  However my main thrust was giving Vinicius the platform to prove his worth, but then creating a plan for the summer transfer window.

Should Vinicius still remain as Mitros backup?

Should we push the boat out and buy someone who can really compete with Mitro to start?

Should we change our style slightly to accommodate life without Mitro.

Whitestone

It's also an opportunity for Vinicius to stake a claim to take over from Mitro. I would imagine that's how he will see it. I haven't seen anything so far to suggest that might happen but you just never know. He could come into the side and start scoring regularly.

StuinSalop

Quote from: Whitestone on March 22, 2023, 08:04:09 AM
It's also an opportunity for Vinicius to stake a claim to take over from Mitro. I would imagine that's how he will see it. I haven't seen anything so far to suggest that might happen but you just never know. He could come into the side and start scoring regularly.

Stranger things have happened although this would surprise me.  I think Vinicius is a decent backup, but that's all he will ever be.  Arguably, that is not really healthy as what we need is another no 9 that can truely compete with Mitro for the no 9 position.  Mitro however is quite unique in the modern game, being a typical old fashioned centre forward.  Strong as an Ox, target man who is great in the air, a goal scorer who needs the game built around his strengths... finding another one of those could be very difficult, so what to do?  There are players like Haarland but he is a Freek, having pace as well which Mitro certainly does not.  There is Kieffer Moore who is not good enough in my book, where as a Solanke could be ideal to compete properly for the striker role but has a different skill set.