News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll - What do we expect Mitros punishment to be?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 21, 2023, 12:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do we expect Mitros punishment to be?

Mandatory 3 game ban (option only included for purposes of completeness)
5 (6.8%)
10 game ban (clue - vote here)
33 (45.2%)
Spell in Guantanamo
12 (16.4%)
Chemical castration
7 (9.6%)
A.N Other (please give details if you vote this option)
15 (20.5%)
A hug, arm round the shoulder and fatherly talking to from Howard Webb (clue - unlikely)
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Slaphead in Qatar

Penfold

A trip to Cuba takes an early lead. Would have gone for public execution if that was an option after some of the 💩 I've read in the media.

Colton F.C.

Is there a betting market?  I think we know of someone that likes a gamble.  :023:!

Shredhead

5-6 games. Can we have a serious poll about this please?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Finnans Right Peg

I think he could get a huge fine 8-10 games with 2 knocked off if he completes some sort of anger management course

Sgt Fulham

Death penalty for attempting to rip the ref's arm off. He could have killed him!

Andy S

Almost anything is possible. Some people are saying that kids watching so he needs to be seen to take a severe punishment. Kids have been behaving badly for many years so it is all paper talk

copthornemike

10 game ban would be interesting - next match would be Man U at Old Trafford!
What possibly could go wrong.
Personally I can see him being banned for the rest of the season, and maybe 5 games at the start of next season to emphasise the seriousness!

Burt

I think they will make an example out of him, 10 game ban coming his way...

General

What's surprised me in this is there has been little to no voice of reason throughout all of this. Long gone is the time where there'd be a reasonable diplomatic type collating all the news and weighing up the pros and cons and having a sensible debate about what happened.

If you look at a majority of the press and the BBC in particular, most of the air time has immediately jumped to asking referees, referee associations and even sunday league refs for their opinions, instead of taking a long view. The double standards are staggering and extremely concerning.

Since when has a rational and sensible approach ever been taken by listening to just one side of the arguement? Absurd.

The histronics of people with invested interests getting the limelight and coming up with things like Mitro being banned from football for 181 days is ridiculous. There's so little balance or logic in that. People using terminology like violent, are smoking something. It was aggressive, but brushing someones arm, or pulling it back momentarily to get someones attention isn't 'violent', it's simple an attempt to get someone's attention when they're refusing (wrongly so) to listen. The Ref reached for the red card so quickly when given the option.

Whatever happens, if it becomes too extreme I hope that Fulham hierarchy challenge it and take the referee in question, the refereeing association or the FA to court, because the double standards are so clear.

How has Toney not been banned despite a significant breach and admitted guilt to gambling (against the FA's code of ethics), yet still allowed to play on indefinitely. Where was Bruno Fernandes's retrospective ban for shoving the linesman? Who's to say that players in the PL didn't see what Bruno got away with and having not got punished felt that was now allowed, even though it clearly states he was on the borderline of being sent off and didn't even get a yellow card for it.

The whole thing has become a farce and I hope Fulham do football the world of good by tackling this bias head on and, equally important, winning.

Refs have to be held accountable too. The Ref clearly said something to Mitro before Mitro flared up too, what's to say the Manchester born ref didn't incite Mitro knowing he was on the edge, said something to give him a reaction and ability for the ref to send Mitro off?

Kavanagh should be suspended as a ref until this whole thing has been decided, alongside a review into his ability to do the job at the PL level.

Why didn't he give Fulham a penalty for the Shaw push on Mitro earlier? - he was looking straight at it?

How did he let West Ham score two goals, with clear handballs in the build up to them when Fulham played West Ham. If I were at the club, i'd be putting together a legal challenge on these grounds.

I'd also be petitioning for refs to have reflinks and their conversations recorded. That'd clear up a lot of this.

Bill2

Some.of the above but including a lifetime ban and a public flogging. Also include community service as asked for by that muppet Field.

bog

Quote from: General on March 21, 2023, 12:57:57 PM
What's surprised me in this is there has been little to no voice of reason throughout all of this. Long gone is the time where there'd be a reasonable diplomatic type collating all the news and weighing up the pros and cons and having a sensible debate about what happened.

If you look at a majority of the press and the BBC in particular, most of the air time has immediately jumped to asking referees, referee associations and even sunday league refs for their opinions, instead of taking a long view. The double standards are staggering and extremely concerning.

Since when has a rational and sensible approach ever been taken by listening to just one side of the arguement? Absurd.

The histronics of people with invested interests getting the limelight and coming up with things like Mitro being banned from football for 181 days is ridiculous. There's so little balance or logic in that. People using terminology like violent, are smoking something. It was aggressive, but brushing someones arm, or pulling it back momentarily to get someones attention isn't 'violent', it's simple an attempt to get someone's attention when they're refusing (wrongly so) to listen. The Ref reached for the red card so quickly when given the option.

Whatever happens, if it becomes too extreme I hope that Fulham hierarchy challenge it and take the referee in question, the refereeing association or the FA to court, because the double standards are so clear.

How has Toney not been banned despite a significant breach and admitted guilt to gambling (against the FA's code of ethics), yet still allowed to play on indefinitely. Where was Bruno Fernandes's retrospective ban for shoving the linesman? Who's to say that players in the PL didn't see what Bruno got away with and having not got punished felt that was now allowed, even though it clearly states he was on the borderline of being sent off and didn't even get a yellow card for it.

The whole thing has become a farce and I hope Fulham do football the world of good by tackling this bias head on and, equally important, winning.

Refs have to be held accountable too. The Ref clearly said something to Mitro before Mitro flared up too, what's to say the Manchester born ref didn't incite Mitro knowing he was on the edge, said something to give him a reaction and ability for the ref to send Mitro off?

Kavanagh should be suspended as a ref until this whole thing has been decided, alongside a review into his ability to do the job at the PL level.

Why didn't he give Fulham a penalty for the Shaw push on Mitro earlier? - he was looking straight at it?

How did he let West Ham score two goals, with clear handballs in the build up to them when Fulham played West Ham. If I were at the club, i'd be putting together a legal challenge on these grounds.

I'd also be petitioning for refs to have reflinks and their conversations recorded. That'd clear up a lot of this.

Oh so he was the clown in charge of that farce at West Ham. emm.  :022:

Bill2

Quote from: Shredhead on March 21, 2023, 12:47:00 PM
5-6 games. Can we have a serious poll about this please?
Absolutely agree, the amount of people talking for bans which far exceed any punishment dished before is ridiculous.

toshes mate

What saddens me is how self righteous these professional assholes are until the next time they get caught repeating the very actions they condemn.  Anthony Taylor is opening a 'How not to referee a football match' course which promises a full box ticked FA referees certificate on completion (NB People living in SW6 are illegible for this course until further notice).

The offering by General at (appropriately) #10 cheered me up no end.  I seriously hope FFC challenge whatever measures the FA determines against all three - Silva, Willian, and Mitro.  A public hanging of the offending referee(s) will not be a necessity for me - just to see their backs for one last time will be good enough but I would like to see the FA bankrupted by the payouts they are forced to make to all clubs and players neagtively affected by poor decision making.   Then we can have OUR football back. 

HamsterWheel

10 match ban, suspended if he transfers to ManU.

WindyCity

SG

Reading everything available I think it will be a minimum of 6 and probably extended to 8. It is an independent panel that will take evidence and past practice into account so there has to be a balanced reasoned response as opposed to the hysteria in the media

cwindsor

Quote from: General on March 21, 2023, 12:57:57 PM

Well said, General.

It would appear that you are the voice of reason.