more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 17, 2023, 05:28:47 AMBournemouth signed Hamed Traore from Sassuolo for 30m.

Ambitious signing.

Let's get cracking lads COYWs
Don't know how Bournemouth have dealt with FFP given the money they have spent and a ground that only holds just over 10k fans.

We Are Premier League

More than 200 Portuguese tax officials carried out searches yesterday in the stadiums and HQs of Benfica, FC Porto and Sporting CP! ๐Ÿš”

The three clubs are suspected of vast tax evasion and money laundering schemes involving tens of millions of euros! ๐Ÿ’ฐ

The house of Alexandre Pinto da Costa, football agent and son of FC Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa, was also searched... ๐Ÿ˜•

We might be in a good place to pick up a player or two if sales are coming down the line...Marco and Palinha can convince Gonรงalo Inรกcio since Sporting will miss out on CL next season...

Deeping_white

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 21, 2023, 02:45:05 PM

Can't see this happening. This has to be agent talk.

Navarro has been fine, and on paper has a okay goal scoring record this year in Portugal, but he's really not very good and offers little around the pitch.

If he comes in, for me he'd be third choice behind Mitro and Vinicius. At 25, I can't see why we'd bother with him?

jayffc

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 22, 2023, 02:22:29 PMhttps://the72.co.uk/2023/05/22/luton-town-nottingham-forest-and-southampton-keen-on-out-of-contract-premier-league-talent/

Spoiler: Southampton, Forest & Luton are all after George Wickens.

Time for him to move on to be honest, at 21 he isn't getting any opportunities here anytime soon unless we sell Rodak which is possible I suppose this year.

Anyone familiar with Youth say otherwise?

MickTheBeard

Their is a battle between wickens and Luca Ashby Hammond both the same age 20/21.wickens was on loan at Willesden in national league last year this year he has been 3rd goalkeeper and plays or 21s this year.Luca has been no1 at aldershot national league this seasonexpect him to be 3rd goalkeeper and wickens to join a league side on loan to see his progress. Are they good enough don't know goalkeepers have time on their side.Luca was England under 18 keeper for quite awhile.Wickens was a season ticket holder with his dad and was at Hamburg as a fan.Wait 2 years and ask that question again,remember only 1 pc make it

IloveFFC

Somerset Fulham

No brainer for me, perfect cover across the back.ย  I guess it depends if Marco thinks similar though.

Craven Mad

Quote from: IloveFFC on May 22, 2023, 09:32:05 PM

I honestly think this would be a perfect signing.

We know Ola. He likes it here. We know he can handle it in the prem. We need competition and cover at RB. Ola, if needed, can cover a heap of other positions too. He works really hard and he's still only 26.

All of that AND there's no transfer fee AND I doubt he'll demand a crazy salary.

Sign him up!! Come home Ola!!

@jolslover

Yeah I think Ola Aina is a decent signing, like more than capable back up - which should hopefully allow us to spend big in other areas
STH H3

simplyfulham

Quote from: jayffc on May 22, 2023, 03:48:05 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 22, 2023, 02:22:29 PMhttps://the72.co.uk/2023/05/22/luton-town-nottingham-forest-and-southampton-keen-on-out-of-contract-premier-league-talent/

Time for him to move on to be honest, at 21 he isn't getting any opportunities here anytime soon unless we sell Rodak which is possible I suppose this year.

21 is no age for a young keeper.

George has managed to step up at every chance he's been given so far and massively impressed at Wealdstone. He seems the better keeper out of the young crop we have and we should be trying to keep him.

He's probably very close to being a championship level keeper at the moment, ideally we'd find someone willing to give him that chance next season.

jayffc

Yup pretty much the perfect squad depth signing for our defense. Interestingly he seems to have played alot as at LM and RM more of Torino the last 2 years as they play 3 4 3

Covered RB and LB very well during his time here. Even pitched in at CB didn't he at one point?
Bring him home. Still only 26 and a no brainer on a free.

Honestly Tete, Robinson, Tosin, Ream, Aina, and even Diop. Seriously high value for money backline. Can not knock the transfer team here one bit for their work in assembling our defense.

jayffc

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 22, 2023, 10:32:53 PM
Quote from: jayffc on May 22, 2023, 03:48:05 PM

21 is no age for a young keeper.

George has managed to step up at every chance he's been given so far and massively impressed at Wealdstone. He seems the better keeper out of the young crop we have and we should be trying to keep him.

He's probably very close to being a championship level keeper at the moment, ideally we'd find someone willing to give him that chance next season.

Fair do's good to hear, the question is whether he'll want to sign here or somewhere he's got a chance of being number first choice or at very least a number 2 keeper. Hard for young keepers to break through at Premier League clubs.

Deeping_white

Blawarmy

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 19, 2023, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on May 17, 2023, 05:28:47 AMBournemouth signed Hamed Traore from Sassuolo for 30m.

Ambitious signing.

Let's get cracking lads COYWs
Don't know how Bournemouth have dealt with FFP given the money they have spent and a ground that only holds just over 10k fans.

Same goes for a few clubs. Forest must be paying ridiculous wages to some of their hundreds of signings.

dfwilson84

I'm going to disagree with majority on this. I don't think we should sign back up players. We should always try and sign players who have the potential to be better than the player they will be competing with. Aina does not have the potential to be better than Tete so when Tete is injured, we will be weaker. I'm not saying it's easy to attract a player of Tete's quality but that's what we should aspire to. I don't see any logic in signing a player that we know is inferior. We might as well give Steven Sessegnon a go if that's the case.

Somerset Fulham

Versatility is a reason in this case for me. Odoi was never really as good as those in front of him but he was invaluable to the team, as is BDR currently.

And I absolutely am not one to go harking on about re-signing old players.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: dfwilson84 on May 23, 2023, 11:13:45 AM

I'm going to disagree with majority on this. I don't think we should sign back up players. We should always try and sign players who have the potential to be better than the player they will be competing with. Aina does not have the potential to be better than Tete so when Tete is injured, we will be weaker. I'm not saying it's easy to attract a player of Tete's quality but that's what we should aspire to. I don't see any logic in signing a player that we know is inferior. We might as well give Steven Sessegnon a go if that's the case.
I somewhat agree with you but the problem is we will need about seven new players in the summer ,I would rather see us sign four top top players in the most important positions which for me is left center back,attacking midfield and two forwards who can play across the front three.So if we can get in good quality cover on a free for right back,left back,defensive midfield this will allow us more money to spend on the important positions and then next season upgrade those other positions with more top top quality.