watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

The problem for Solomon is Willian plays his position and has been in superb form, I am yet to see evidence both can start. It's a good problem to have but neither will want to be a squad player or playing outside their preferred position.

Deeping_white

Translation: In form on the Lorient side where he is on loan from OL, Romain Faivre 🇫🇷 pleases Fulham and Bournemouth. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bournemouth, which owns 40% of Lorient, is studying the possibility of buying it and lending it to Lorient for another year. OL claim 15M €

btffc

With how much he's said he loves London, hard to see him actually leaving. Thinking his agent is putting this out to get more money.

Fulham 442

Quote from: btffc on May 25, 2023, 05:46:51 PM
With how much he's said he loves London, hard to see him actually leaving. Thinking his agent is putting this out to get more money.
Willian certainly doesn't seem to be money driven given what he did at both Arsenal and Corinthians. I think he'll stay with us.

Somerset Fulham

No idea if true, its the internet after all.

demeant0r

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 25, 2023, 06:25:16 PMNo idea if true, its the internet after all.

Going to be really miffed if he chooses them lot who can't even attract a decent manager over us.

alfie

Quote from: demeant0r on May 25, 2023, 06:49:27 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 25, 2023, 06:25:16 PMNo idea if true, its the internet after all.

Going to be really miffed if he chooses them lot who can't even attract a decent manager over us.
To be honest I don't think he is as good as we were hoping.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

demeant0r

Quote from: alfie on May 25, 2023, 06:57:04 PM

I don't think you can categorically say that. He's been injured for half a season and then given 20-30 minute cameos and the odd full game here and there. He'd need to be starting close to half a season for us to know that.

love4ffc

Think that would be a bad move especially if Spuds lose Kane. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Craven Mad

Quote from: love4ffc on May 25, 2023, 07:10:29 PM

Think that would be a bad move especially if Spuds lose Kane. 

Agreed, but I don't get the sense that Manor's head has been quite in the right place whilst with us, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Shame, as there's clearly a decent player in there. Hopefully he sees sense and stays with us.

If he can't get in the team ahead of Willian, there's no chance he'll start ahead of Son.

General

I'm looking forward to the day when players, good players, start to realise that if they've got a well run club behind them like fulham and are that good and stay where they are, then a club like fulham is somewhere not only where they can thrive but fundamentally win things.

Keep Leno, palhinha, Tete, mitro, Willian and keep building over the summer and January windows and you're looking at a very competent top 8/6 team - there really hasn't been much, with the squad as it is, between us and the top teams this season, so there's not much in it where this squad and team, if improved upon here and there, really could do something special.

One day the penny I hope will drop for players, in a similar ilk to how it settled for Berba, Murphy, Diarra, Karagounis etc, but hopefully when they're in the peak or entering into the peak of their careers.

It's so refreshing to have quality players like Mitro, Tete etc stay and give us those solid foundations for players to start to acknowledge there's quality here that's staying and that players can build and be part of a successful team with..

I hope in my lifetime we see this switch, from fan base to ownership, because as a club like ours in a city like ours there really is all the potential in the world.

cmg

Negotiations involving Willian's future are likely to prove entertaining.
One of his friends, and a former business partner (restaurant), is Mr Kia Joorabchian.

Of course Mr Joorabchian is not an agent. Oh no. Not at all. He doesn't have an agent's licence. He just gives his friends advice.
Willian's agent is Sports Invest UK Ltd who are agents for a dozen or so footballers all over Europe.
Sports Invest UK are wholly owned by...Kia Joorabchian.
I don't know how much time and effort Mr Joorabchian can devote to assisting Willian's future prosperity as he has many other business interests incuding a large, expanding and currently pretty successful team of racehorses (Amo Racing).
Still, he's a hard working chap so I expect he'll manage to find the time.

jayffc

Quote from: alfie on May 25, 2023, 06:57:04 PM

Think this is way off - only really went a bit off form after Mitro was out injured, the whole team dipped in form and Solomon was playing off of mostly scraps.

The many for is clearly extremely talented on the ball and in given an extended run I'm confident will prove to be a top player. I'd be gutted to lose him and suspect he'd thrive at a top 8 team. Suprised to see people writing him off for a handful of games where he made less impact when the whole team was a bit lackluster and adjusting to a new way of playing without Mitro.

I'd be absolutely gutted to lose a player of his potential on the cheap when we could have tied the deal up last summer and be done with it. Ah well. We'll see what happens but I think it will be painful to see him prospering somewhere else in the Prem

Mullers OG

This is going to be a difficult and worrying summer. Some of the players  have only one year left on their contracts. Assuming the manager wants to keep them then either they can be persuaded to sign new contracts or else hard decisions have to be taken. This summer they will still have a value and sales then should enable replacements to be signed. Alternatively they play on and are potentially leaving on frees in 12 months time. There are others for whom we might get offers even though they still have years left on their contracts.

These are hard decisions and buts  IMO it comes down to two things - does the player want to leave and how much. An offer for Palhinhoat 40 million might be refusable but 60 from a club offering him champions league football probably wouldn't be. Equally Tosin and Robinson, good players though they are, might prefer to play in top European competitions and this might be the time to cash in.

I'm pleased I don't have to make these decisions. I only hope our scouting operation has potential replacements lined up.

@jolslover

I rate Faivre, also Michut from Sunderland would be a great signing. Already had a good season in Champ and only 20 - at PSG was training with their first team from 18 playing with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe .. decent experience. Doubt he would be a starter straight away but would be a good signing with future in mind
STH H3

sarnian

Who writes the dross you see on transfer websites and more to the point why does anybody believe them?

Palhinha for £40m and now Mitro to Chelsea quoted at £22m.  More like comic strip cartoons. ::yay::

jayffc

Quote from: sarnian on May 26, 2023, 11:04:38 AMWho writes the dross you see on transfer websites and more to the point why does anybody believe them?

Palhinha for £40m and now Mitro to Chelsea quoted at £22m.  More like comic strip cartoons. ::yay::

It's pure and intentional clickbait tactics to be honest.
We live in a social media  "psyop" generation. Websites and social accounts know that they'll get the most interactions and clicks if they put out dumb valuations like the above.

There's not way in hell Mitro is going for only 22m. We all know that. But they'll bait in supporters of other clubs (usually the selling club) to comment and react and share this news on messageboards etc.

In an age of monetizing clicks, I no long expect honest reporting ever.

IloveFFC