more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: IloveFFC on May 26, 2023, 11:45:37 AM

Can't imagine he'd be loaned here, would be a bit of a weird set up developing him for Liverpool.

Without an option to sign, not thanks
Hope he goes abroad and suspect that's perhaps likely

Nero

Quote from: jayffc on May 26, 2023, 12:59:30 PM

Can't imagine he'd be loaned here, would be a bit of a weird set up developing him for Liverpool.

Has pretty much just wasted a year of his career, maybe even 2 depending on were he goes.

Surlyc

Quote from: jayffc on May 26, 2023, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: sarnian on May 26, 2023, 11:04:38 AMWho writes the dross you see on transfer websites and more to the point why does anybody believe them?

Palhinha for £40m and now Mitro to Chelsea quoted at £22m.  More like comic strip cartoons. ::yay::

It's pure and intentional clickbait tactics to be honest.
We live in a social media  "psyop" generation. Websites and social accounts know that they'll get the most interactions and clicks if they put out dumb valuations like the above.

There's not way in hell Mitro is going for only 22m. We all know that. But they'll bait in supporters of other clubs (usually the selling club) to comment and react and share this news on messageboards etc.

In an age of monetizing clicks, I no long expect honest reporting ever.
You're right on Palhinha, but the other article is just stating the price we paid for Mitrovic (per wikipedia) of £22m. It's stupid and unhelpful, but it's not a valuation.

demeant0r

He's impressed him so much that he's going to loan him out instead of playing him. Make it make sense.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: jayffc on May 26, 2023, 12:59:30 PM

I could actually see us signing him on loan until Christmas, especially if there is a chance that Andreas will need a gentile start to the eason to recover from his injury. TC was performing well this season but i think we need at least two fit players for every position.

Deeping_white

Agent Mitro needs to get on the phone, this would give us an unreal midfield and be a true statement signing:

demeant0r

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 26, 2023, 03:43:27 PMAgent Mitro needs to get on the phone, this would give us an unreal midfield and be a true statement signing:

This signing would make too much sense given our Serbian connection and €30m for him is peanuts and I think he's currently only on 100k/week, I bet we won't even try to get him 😂

jayffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 26, 2023, 03:43:27 PMAgent Mitro needs to get on the phone, this would give us an unreal midfield and be a true statement signing:

[/quote

Surely zero chance of this happening

He'll go to a champs league club for sure

If we pulled something like this off "statement signing" would be understating it.

Would be a Van Der Sar moment.

Palhinha and Savic would be insanely good

Thailand Mick

If we want to be fighting the big boys this is exactly the sort of signing we should be looking at. Now if Marco is interested in him Tony should go in all guns blazing. If we can add three or four signings of this caliber to compliment our best players then it should be even easier to attract high quality players the following season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 27, 2023, 09:52:05 AMIf we want to be fighting the big boys this is exactly the sort of signing we should be looking at. Now if Marco is interested in him Tony should go in all guns blazing. If we can add three or four signings of this caliber to compliment our best players then it should be even easier to attract high quality players the following season.

UNfortunately, I don't think we will be able to add even one player of his caliber, let alone 3-4. We are talking about a player that is widely regarded as a world class midfielder, and for several years has been rumored to go to Man United, Juventus etc. Not saying that it can't happen, but there is a very high risk that he will get offers that are far, far beyond what we can offer (double or triple salary, CL games, chance for league titles etc.).

That said, I am sure that a name such as his is at least discussed internally, given the Serbian connection. The club has reportedly at least looked into high profile purchases before (Romagnoli, Kessié). Maybe not as high profile as Milinkevic-Savic, but still. And we are in our best negotiating position for many years. I say go for it!

Deeping_white

Article from Pete Rutzler confirms we want to keep Solomon and basically at this point we can sign him permanently for free

Deeping_white

TheRealMB

MisfitKid

Is that TK in the yellow vest directing traffic?   ::wink::
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Marcel_Gecov

Loving Marco's power stance. Fred isnt going anywhere until he signs for us.

Nero

Quote from: MisfitKid on May 28, 2023, 08:32:43 PMIs that TK in the yellow vest directing traffic?   ::wink::

Hes waiting for the nod from Marco and going to swoop in with the contract

Deeping_white

Quote from: TheRealMB on May 28, 2023, 08:28:26 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 28, 2023, 08:18:00 PM

He is on a free, correct?

One year left on his contract I think

Craven Mad

Fred would be an outstanding addition for us.

Marco weaving magic  ::scarf::

btffc

Wonder how much Fred would cost? Only a year left on his contract and he's 30. Could be quite cheap. Would like to see us bring in some younger players as well.

SerbianLad

I'd love Fred. He was amazing at Shakhtar, it hasn't worked out for him completely at Man Utd but there's a player in there definitely.

Palhinha, Reed, Fred, Lukic, Andreas and Cairney, with Harris and other promising academy players there as well should be more than enough for our midfield for next season.