more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: EN1 FFC on June 03, 2023, 12:54:16 AM
Quote from: btffc on June 02, 2023, 08:50:46 PMHere is the absolute dumbest rumour of the day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22563435/kenny-tete
Quote from: btffc on June 02, 2023, 08:50:46 PMHere is the absolute dumbest rumour of the day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22563435/kenny-tete-liverpool-transfer-fulham-hunt/

"Liverpool lead three-club race for Kenny Tete with Fulham star available for cut-price £10.5m transfer"
-liverpool-transfer-fulham-hunt/

"Liverpool lead three-club race for Kenny Tete with Fulham star available for cut-price £10.5m transfer"
The story is credited to reporter Isabella Barker who is a Fulham supporter, so she is either being very mischievous in winding us up or may be wants Liverpool supporters to get excited that they might actually bid for a decent player.

Or it might actually be true.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

Hazard has been released by Real Madrid - let's get him in a Fulham kit and rebuild the really good front 3 of that Chelsea team of about 6/7 years ago with Willian on one wing and Hazard on the other! (and before anyone moans about this post, it is tongue in cheek...)

SerbianLad

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 03, 2023, 08:47:56 PMHazard has been released by Real Madrid - let's get him in a Fulham kit and rebuild the really good front 3 of that Chelsea team of about 6/7 years ago with Willian on one wing and Hazard on the other! (and before anyone moans about this post, it is tongue in cheek...)
Hazard-Mitrovic-Willian would be pretty similar to Hazard-Costa-Willian  ::wink::

ianthailand

Quote from: SerbianLad on June 03, 2023, 10:42:38 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 03, 2023, 08:47:56 PMHazard has been released by Real Madrid - let's get him in a Fulham kit and rebuild the really good front 3 of that Chelsea team of about 6/7 years ago with Willian on one wing and Hazard on the other! (and before anyone moans about this post, it is tongue in cheek...)
Hazard-Mitrovic-Willian would be pretty similar to Hazard-Costa-Willian  ::wink::
Hazard-Costa-too much!

LC

We were linked with Franck Kessié in the January window, I wonder if we will go for him this summer

vancouver

Mr Khan finally has his opportunity. A summer transfer window as a stable premier league team. He is one of the richer owners in the premier league time to show your ambition.

jayffc

Thailand Mick

Quote from: jayffc on June 05, 2023, 05:38:27 AMhttps://www.teamtalk.com/news/cult-liverpool-hero-advises-tottenham-target-to-snub-levy-advances-and-stay-with-fulham

Manor and family apparently been asking for professional opinions on wether to stay

Nice to see he's being advised to stay
I was really excited about this transfer at the beginning of the season but after reading that I think we should move on. We should be trying to build a team to compete with the big boys so the only reason I see for buying him is to make a quick buck when he wants to leave next year.

ianthailand

If Manor stays it will be up to him to put in the performances in pre-season so Marco can't leave him out. I hope we see him as a vital piece in the attacking jigsaw not as a chance to get him for free or on the cheap and then flog him next summer.

wback

Quote from: ianthailand on June 05, 2023, 08:22:38 AMIf Manor stays it will be up to him to put in the performances in pre-season so Marco can't leave him out. I hope we see him as a vital piece in the attacking jigsaw not as a chance to get him for free or on the cheap and then flog him next summer.

The best things I saw from him were the Brighton goal (left foot) and the interplay with Mitro vs. Wolves (? I think?). If he does stay, we need to build more moves around him where he can actually match up 1 vs 1. Otherwise I think he's a bit like Podence at Wolves - looks good here and there, but can't quite cut it every week.

bencher

Quote from: wback on June 05, 2023, 12:18:54 PM
Quote from: ianthailand on June 05, 2023, 08:22:38 AMIf Manor stays it will be up to him to put in the performances in pre-season so Marco can't leave him out. I hope we see him as a vital piece in the attacking jigsaw not as a chance to get him for free or on the cheap and then flog him next summer.

The best things I saw from him were the Brighton goal (left foot) and the interplay with Mitro vs. Wolves (? I think?). If he does stay, we need to build more moves around him where he can actually match up 1 vs 1. Otherwise I think he's a bit like Podence at Wolves - looks good here and there, but can't quite cut it every week.

When watching the highlights of all goals scored this season, it struck me what a fantastic that goal against Brighton was. His speed is a real weapon but when he gets the ball he has mostly been facing a set defence in their final third. If he stays, we would need to see how we could utilise his pace better. The other speedster, Dan James, also barely got a chance to use his pace to good effect, leading me to conclude it's to do with the way the team builds up its attacks.

We Are Premier League

Luka Milivojevic on a free? As Mitro's penalty coach

SerbianLad

Quote from: We Are Premier League on June 05, 2023, 01:22:26 PMLuka Milivojevic on a free? As Mitro's penalty coach
No thanks. Speed was never his main asset, but he got even slower. Not suited for our high pressing style at all.

WindyCity

Quote from: Thailand Mick on June 05, 2023, 07:18:54 AMthe only reason I see for buying him is to make a quick buck when he wants to leave next year.

Sorry, but I just don't buy this philosophy.  I don't think any team acquires players for the primary purpose of selling later to realize a profit.  I've seen this sort of thing mentioned about Carvalho and how L'pool only looking to turn a buck.  I just don't see it, I think teams are trying to acquire players that will help them win football matches.  Again, JMHO.

Deeping_white

Brazilian Winger Tete is available on a similar deal that Solomon would be - potentially could get 2 wingers for nothing this summer, both have contracts expiring in December so could be taken permanently

KJS

Quote from: vancouver on June 05, 2023, 05:10:44 AMMr Khan finally has his opportunity. A summer transfer window as a stable premier league team. He is one of the richer owners in the premier league time to show your ambition.

I think Mr Khan has already put his money where his mouth is and that's why I am happy that the increase in ST prices is warranted, funny that people want him to shell out his hard earned cash but don't think they should do the same!!!

Somerset Fulham

Leicester are in trouble next season, I think.

bencher

If he could stay free of injury, I'd love to get in James Justin from Leicester; but he'd probably just become the next Kongolo.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: bencher on June 05, 2023, 07:11:33 PMIf he could stay free of injury, I'd love to get in James Justin from Leicester; but he'd probably just become the next Kongolo.

Average of 15 games a season and - as an England international - I bet he earns a decent wage. I think we let Forest get him.

Finnans Right Peg

Out of that list i would take mendy and amartey as goood squad players Amertey can play rb cb and midfield but I would rather sign Aina