more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro FA hearing today

Started by South Coast White, April 03, 2023, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

So what do expect the outcome will be?
Hopefully the cub will have a strong defence in regard to previous similar situations  and this will/should be taken into account. I can see the FA trying to make a bigger issue out of this than
they should.
My guess is Mitro will get 6 game ban and Marco 3 match.

alfie

Quote from: South Coast White on April 03, 2023, 11:14:16 AM
So what do expect the outcome will be?
Hopefully the cub will have a strong defence in regard to previous similar situations  and this will/should be taken into account. I can see the FA trying to make a bigger issue out of this than
they should.
My guess is Mitro will get 6 game ban and Marco 3 match.
After some of the antics that went on this weekend, with players surrounding and handling refs, they need to think about what they will do, in my humble opinion after this weekend, an example is the likely outcome, 6 games for Mitro, 3 games for MS, and a hefty fine for the club failing to control their players and coaches.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Perhaps the FA will give a standard ban plus a suspended ban pending good behaviour, given the inconsistency the incidents have revealed but you never can tell. 

I would like to see the Club object to being made an example of if that is what happens since I thoroughly disapprove of people being made an example of.  We all have a right to be treated equally within the rules and there are some who would say that certainly didn't happen at Old Trafford at that FA Cup quarter final and I'd agree with them.

Black and White Town

From the other thread. https://streamable.com/xzql5l

Guess how many of these players shoving the ref were sent off?

Why is Mitro being singled out?
Anything more than a 5 game ban would be grossly unfair.

Bill2

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 03, 2023, 12:02:38 PM

Looking at that clip where no cards were shown if it anything more than 6 games I think we should lodge an appeal and ask why did no Forest players get shown a card.

Jamie88

I also feel frustrated at the whole 'making an example of Mitrovic' affair, but let's be honest - Mitro's actions and the forest players weren't the same.

colinwhite

No but kavanghs were .Poor decisions and backing off without making it clear not to get in his face.Mitro went bit further but not much.

HarryBayles

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 03, 2023, 12:39:36 PM

I also feel frustrated at the whole 'making an example of Mitrovic' affair, but let's be honest - Mitro's actions and the forest players weren't the same.
No but a lot of the crazed reaction from media and ex pros was that he 'put his hand on the referee'. Happened many times in that clip and surely being surrounded is also threatening.

copthornemike

Mitro's actions were prolonged, aggressive and totally unacceptable. Full stop.
His only mitigation is that he has not been red carded whilst at Fulham, therefore should be treated as a 'one off.'
The problem is the 'outside noise' which will probably end up him being used as an example.
Precedent of other players' behaviour, or teams, will not be accepted as a mitigation, eg Man Utd & Arsenal behaviours this season.
So I fully expect a very heavy suspension.
I also expect Mitro to be targeted by other teams when he returns. Both he and the club should prepare for this whilst he is suspended.

ffc73

Mitro's unacceptable behaviour was after he had been fairly instantly given a red card after tugging at Kavanagh to get his attention. Mitro was wrong and will be punished but I'd like to see the reactions of the other players that were sent off for handling the ref. Of course, they weren't sent off.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on April 03, 2023, 11:56:25 AM
Perhaps the FA will give a standard ban plus a suspended ban pending good behaviour, given the inconsistency the incidents have revealed but you never can tell. 

I would like to see the Club object to being made an example of if that is what happens since I thoroughly disapprove of people being made an example of.  We all have a right to be treated equally within the rules and there are some who would say that certainly didn't happen at Old Trafford at that FA Cup quarter final and I'd agree with them.
I guess we should be fair, it's not the F.A. Making noises about it, it's mainly the media.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Mitro stands little chance of leniency today. The BBC 1oclock news had an item on the experimenting of referees with body cams in local league football and showed the Mitro attack as being the type of behaviour which has to be stamped out.
Guilty until proved innocent!

Cambridge Away

Quote from: copthornemike on April 03, 2023, 12:58:42 PM
Mitro's actions were prolonged, aggressive and totally unacceptable. Full stop.
His only mitigation is that he has not been red carded whilst at Fulham, therefore should be treated as a 'one off.'
The problem is the 'outside noise' which will probably end up him being used as an example.
Precedent of other players' behaviour, or teams, will not be accepted as a mitigation, eg Man Utd & Arsenal behaviours this season.
So I fully expect a very heavy suspension.
I also expect Mitro to be targeted by other teams when he returns. Both he and the club should prepare for this whilst he is suspended.
"Mitro's actions were prolonged, aggressive and totally unacceptable. Full stop."
I believe everyone is comparing the incident of pushing the ref before he was sent off

Cambridge Away

Quote from: ffc73 on April 03, 2023, 01:13:30 PM
Mitro's unacceptable behaviour was after he had been fairly instantly given a red card after tugging at Kavanagh to get his attention. Mitro was wrong and will be punished but I'd like to see the reactions of the other players that were sent off for handling the ref. Of course, they weren't sent off.
0001.jpeg

Blawarmy

What did Kavannah say to him? Mitro wouldn't lose his **** over nothing!

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

bog

Quote from: Blawarmy on April 03, 2023, 04:08:50 PM

I agree. Also I don't like the way I am hearing and reading that he 'shoved' the ref.  No he didn't. 

Cambridge Away

Quote from: bog on April 03, 2023, 04:17:42 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on April 03, 2023, 04:08:50 PM

I agree. Also I don't like the way I am hearing and reading that he 'shoved' the ref.  No he didn't.
I guess the difference between his and the Nottingham Forest incident was it was more of a shove of the shoulder than maneuvering his shoulder (but the difference is open to interpretation). It was a sudden movement. He obviously didn't shove him like Di Canio did

They should stick to a 3 game ban and announce new rules in place immediately

Somerset Fulham

There is no defending this, I am surprised that people still are.

We Are Premier League

I'm guessing 6 for Mitro and 3 for gaffer

South Coast White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 03, 2023, 04:31:07 PM
There is no defending this, I am surprised that people still are.

Don't think anyone is defending his actions, it's what the punishment to the allegations that are in question.