watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

23-24 kits...

Started by WhiteJC, April 16, 2023, 11:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 22, 2023, 10:50:05 AMI thought there was doubt about Adidas being extended?

the "current" deal ends this season however there's no reason why a "new" contract won't be awarded to Adidas providing they don't offer anything as hideous as this seasons away effort, I guess the main "downside" is that it will now become our 3rd shirt?

_Putney_

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 24, 2023, 01:18:34 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on May 22, 2023, 10:50:05 AMI thought there was doubt about Adidas being extended?

the "current" deal ends this season however there's no reason why a "new" contract won't be awarded to Adidas providing they don't offer anything as hideous as this seasons away effort, I guess the main "downside" is that it will now become our 3rd shirt?

Ah ok - I may have imagined, but thought therew as some problem with the contract.

Deeping_white

Surely the club will have our kit sorted out by the time we participate in the PL pre-season tournament in the US, considering the marketing opportunities and potential kit sales involved. Would be a bit odd if we rock up to a Premier League branded tournament in last season's kits

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 24, 2023, 04:43:55 PMSurely the club will have our kit sorted out by the time we participate in the PL pre-season tournament in the US, considering the marketing opportunities and potential kit sales involved. Would be a bit odd if we rock up to a Premier League branded tournament in last season's kits

The photographs of the 'new' shirt do look convincing, so looks as if it will be sorted earlier for once. That is not to say that the sponsor will be agreed, which means the players may be wearing 'blank' shirts in pre-season!

WhiteJC

Wolfsburg home

Wolfsburg away

Kazakhstan away

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

Popped into shop on Tues and asked whether we are staying with adidas next season while I was there.  Response from lady was "As far as I know", which seemed a bit ambiguous.  Could read that three ways.

A - We ARE staying with adidas  (probable)
B - We have new supplier, and shop staff have been told not to let anything slip  (possible)
C - Nothing confirmed/announced yet  (unlikely)

Take your pick !  (Though my gut feeling is they wouldn't have brought out so much fresh adidas stuff close to the end of the season if they weren't supplying us next season).

_Putney_

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on May 25, 2023, 06:48:37 PMPopped into shop on Tues and asked whether we are staying with adidas next season while I was there.  Response from lady was "As far as I know", which seemed a bit ambiguous.  Could read that three ways.

A - We ARE staying with adidas  (probable)
B - We have new supplier, and shop staff have been told not to let anything slip  (possible)
C - Nothing confirmed/announced yet  (unlikely)

Take your pick !  (Though my gut feeling is they wouldn't have brought out so much fresh adidas stuff close to the end of the season if they weren't supplying us next season).

The fourth possibility is she didn't actually work there and has absolutely no idea.

WhiteJC

Red Bull Salzburg special edition

SSC Napoli special edition

Hannover home

WhiteJC

Corinthians 4th

St. Gallen "mashup"

Girona home

WhiteJC

Ajax away

Arsenal home

Fiorentina home

WhiteJC

St Pauli home

Shimizu S-Pulse special

Yokohama F. Marinos special

Thailand Mick

At some point the manufactures offer the club several options to choose from, I have never understood why no clubs seem to ask the fans which kit they prefer at this stage. Surely the idea is to sell the most kits so if more fans like a certain kit then more will probably be sold.

WhiteJC

RB Leipzig home

Stade Rennais home

Toulouse home

WhiteJC

Atlético Mineiro away

Saint-Étienne home

RC Strasbourg home

WhiteJC

Borussia Mönchengladbach home

Botafogo away

Crystal Palace home

WhiteJC

Benfica home

Ajax pre match

Arsenal pre match

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Lordedmundo on May 24, 2023, 05:11:03 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on May 24, 2023, 04:43:55 PMSurely the club will have our kit sorted out by the time we participate in the PL pre-season tournament in the US, considering the marketing opportunities and potential kit sales involved. Would be a bit odd if we rock up to a Premier League branded tournament in last season's kits

The photographs of the 'new' shirt do look convincing, so looks as if it will be sorted earlier for once. That is not to say that the sponsor will be agreed, which means the players may be wearing 'blank' shirts in pre-season!

I think that photo will prove to be our shirt: it matches closely other new adidas shirts (athletico minero) !! As for the sponsor, if we stick with a betting company, are we allowed to advertise it on the shirt anyway ??

cookieg

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 27, 2023, 11:55:22 AMAt some point the manufactures offer the club several options to choose from, I have never understood why no clubs seem to ask the fans which kit they prefer at this stage. Surely the idea is to sell the most kits so if more fans like a certain kit then more will probably be sold.

I'm sure Carlisle(?) have done something like this with 5 or so kit designs to choose from and the fans vote. But if you don't like the kit chosen you don't buy it so not sure because a shirt is a fans' favourite it would sell more.

TheRealMB

Maybe I'm the only one, but the new kit is not a big deal for me.  I buy the previous year kit on clearance...so getting ready to order soon lol (the current kit). 

WhiteJC

Alkmaar Zaanstreek home

Greuther FĂĽrth home

SC Bastia home