more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, May 12, 2023, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Mito to start.
Tough on Vini but it's a ruthless business.

fulhamfan

Quote from: andrew G on May 12, 2023, 01:02:04 PMI usually think if a player is doing well then he should keep his place.
Mitro is clearly number one but there should be no divine right to walk into the side. Vinny for 60 mins and then reintroduce Mitro.

agree with this

SG

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 12, 2023, 11:21:45 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on May 12, 2023, 11:03:43 AMWouldn't be surprised to see Vinicius starting, with Mitro coming on sometime in the 2nd half
I thought the same Snibbo.

So did I. We'll find out soon enough

Kimbleman

Vinny starts. I thought he played well against Citeh and Liecester and does not deserve to be dropped. Mitro on at halftime unless Vinny's playing a blinder in which case on at 70 mins.

Bobsffc

Or play both Mitro and Vinny in a 4-4-2 replacing TC, who comes on after 60 minutes when one of them is flagging

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

[/quote]
..... not that horrible mint green one we always lose in!
[/quote]

I'll be surprised if it isn't, Club would have cut prices on remaining stock to the bone by now if we weren't wearing it again. (And you've also got bits of black in Southampton's kit).

As a shirt I quite like it, but for the practicality of picking other players out on the pitch it just doesn't work.

filham

..... not that horrible mint green one we always lose in!
[/quote]

I'll be surprised if it isn't, Club would have cut prices on remaining stock to the bone by now if we weren't wearing it again. (And you've also got bits of black in Southampton's kit).

As a shirt I quite like it, but for the practicality of picking other players out on the pitch it just doesn't work.

[/quote]
I a couple of away games recently we have played in good old back and white. Would love to see that again tomorrow and then again at Old Trafford.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 12, 2023, 04:18:28 PMJust don't see any point in starting him. The game is almost a dead match. He will not be match fit and will be far better as a threat coming on later in the game. Starting him will mean the team that has only just worked out how to play without a target man will have to suddenly change tactics again.

Be interesting to see what is decided.
I would personally probably either start Vini or both of them because Vini doesn't deserve dropping.

That being said, I find the argument rgarding playing without targetman that many have mentioned ridiculous. There's nothing that Vini can do that Mitro can't, and there are things that Mitro can do that Vini can't.

Whitestone

It's tough call. Probably wasn't a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea who Silva will go with but I have faith that he'll make the right decision. If it was me I'd go with Mitro but can see why it  might be Vinicius.

..FOF..

The dressing room's atmosphere would crumble if you drop a player who is starting to perform like Vinnie.

Mitro have to be subbed-in.

Thailand Mick

Has Mitro ever scored coming off the bench for either us,Newcastle or Serbia?

Sting of the North

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 13, 2023, 04:39:47 AMThe dressing room's atmosphere would crumble if you drop a player who is starting to perform like Vinnie.

I think this issue is being blown out of all proportions. The dressing room won't crumble just because we start our first choice and best striker after his suspension ended.

Silva almost never surprises at all. Mitro starting is extremely likely to me.

SerbianLad

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 13, 2023, 04:39:47 AMThe dressing room's atmosphere would crumble if you drop a player who is starting to perform like Vinnie.

I already said that I'd either start Vini or both, but I don't agree with this. Tete, Palhinha, Robinson all came in straight away. Same with Mitro last season when he missed one or two games (Muniz played well in those games).

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 13, 2023, 07:18:02 AMHas Mitro ever scored coming off the bench for either us,Newcastle or Serbia?
I can't remember him starting on the bench for Fulham much. He did get assists vs Sunderland this season and an assist vs Brentford in the playoff final. For Serbia, he scored that crucial winner vs Portugal off the bench, as well as a 25 minute(or something like that) brace vs Ireland. I remember him scoring for Newcastle against Joe Hart(I think it was West Ham) also coming off the bench.

filham

Can you imagine the reaction on this board if Silva played most of the time against Southampton with Mitro on the bench and lost the match.

ianthailand

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 12, 2023, 04:17:52 PMLeno starting and on the bench, I know his good but?

Vinnie not even in squad

Oops, your right I forgot to add Vinnie and Rodak  ::oh:: , I've now corrected my lineup...

[/quote]
Amend it again John James is injured -Hamstring. Dibley, Dobley Dias

alfie

Quote from: filham on May 13, 2023, 09:30:15 AMCan you imagine the reaction on this board if Silva played most of the time against Southampton with Mitro on the bench and lost the match.
Equally we could still lose with him on all game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

Quote from: ianthailand on May 13, 2023, 10:57:11 AMAmend it again John James is injured -Hamstring. Dibley, Dobley Dias

3rd time lucky ::tongue::
I've taken the opportunity of putting the young lad who won the Golden Boot for the under 18's...

..FOF..

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 13, 2023, 08:24:02 AMI think this issue is being blown out of all proportions. The dressing room won't crumble just because we start our first choice and best striker after his suspension ended.

Silva almost never surprises at all. Mitro starting is extremely likely to me.
Quote from: SerbianLad on May 13, 2023, 08:32:49 AMI already said that I'd either start Vini or both, but I don't agree with this. Tete, Palhinha, Robinson all came in straight away. Same with Mitro last season when he missed one or two games (Muniz played well in those games).

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 13, 2023, 07:18:02 AMHas Mitro ever scored coming off the bench for either us,Newcastle or Serbia?
I can't remember him starting on the bench for Fulham much. He did get assists vs Sunderland this season and an assist vs Brentford in the playoff final. For Serbia, he scored that crucial winner vs Portugal off the bench, as well as a 25 minute(or something like that) brace vs Ireland. I remember him scoring for Newcastle against Joe Hart(I think it was West Ham) also coming off the bench.

Ok, fair enough.

Maybe I was thinking what I would personally do in such situation.

Definitely Silva have other dimensions to his management strategy.

Carborundum

Objectively Mitro is a far better footballer than Vinicius, who has proven a bit better than his first games suggested.  But he still loses personal battles more often than not and seems to need the ball handed to him on only certain styles of plate, at which point he's a decent finisher.  With Wilson and Willian in great form the space created by Mitro sucking opposition in, holding them off and cycling the ball ought to be far too much for Southampton.  Mitro scored 43 against Championship teams last season and that is Southampton's level.

I wouldn't worry too much about Mitro's match fitness after a light schedule for a month and a half.  He hit the ground running in the opener against Liverpool.