watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, May 12, 2023, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

What is the point of this post ,the team picks itself. Well just to make it clear we want to see our best team out in order to pick up three points towards a top half of the table finish above Chelsea. No rotation please.

Leno
                         Tete       Diop      Tosin    Robinson

Reed           Palhinha
                                          Cairney
                           Wilson                        Willian
                                          Mitro

Snibbo

Wouldn't be surprised to see Vinicius starting, with Mitro coming on sometime in the 2nd half

Chutney

If Mitro is fit he starts surely
C O Y W

Fulham 442

Quote from: Snibbo on May 12, 2023, 11:03:43 AMWouldn't be surprised to see Vinicius starting, with Mitro coming on sometime in the 2nd half
I thought the same Snibbo.

WhiteJC

The Cravenette

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 12, 2023, 11:21:45 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on May 12, 2023, 11:03:43 AMWouldn't be surprised to see Vinicius starting, with Mitro coming on sometime in the 2nd half
I thought the same Snibbo.

I certainly would not be surprised if this happens.  If Mitro is not fully match fit (which he surely can't be) then it would be more beneficial to start Vinicius and bring on Mitro rather than the other way around.  Vini has been playing well and with confidence and that should continue if he starts.  Mitro to come on at half time either way- this should be the plan so Vini is aware and Mitro can really get stuck in for the 2nd half.

filham

Surprised to hear doubt expressed about Mitro's fitness, 8 weeks since he last played ,surely he is fully fit and raring to go.

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2023, 12:12:48 PMSurprised to hear doubt expressed about Mitro's fitness, 8 weeks since he last played ,surely he is fully fit and raring to go.

Being fit and being match fit are two toatally different levels of fitness

Alec of good Stock

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2023, 12:12:48 PMSurprised to hear doubt expressed about Mitro's fitness, 8 weeks since he last played ,surely he is fully fit and raring to go.
Big difference between training fitness and competitive match fitness/sharpness.

btffc

I think Mitro starts then Vinicius comes on no later than the 60th minute

andrew G

I usually think if a player is doing well then he should keep his place.
Mitro is clearly number one but there should be no divine right to walk into the side. Vinny for 60 mins and then reintroduce Mitro.

Jules

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 12, 2023, 11:44:04 AM

Agreed with the line up. I hope we wear this kit not that horrible mint green one we always lose in!

alfie

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 12, 2023, 11:44:04 AM

Leno starting and on the bench, I know his good but?

Vinnie not even in squad
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

It would be good man management to keep Vinicius in the starting line up. It would help his confidence, and there is nothing to lose from not starting Mitro as its a non-consequential game.

Jules

Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 12, 2023, 01:42:13 PMIt would be good man management to keep Vinicius in the starting line up. It would help his confidence, and there is nothing to lose from not starting Mitro as its a non-consequential game.
Not for me. Vinicius is a reserve player and he knows that. Mitro has to come back in. It will be a big lift for the whole team to have him back.

WhiteJC

Leno starting and on the bench, I know his good but?

Vinnie not even in squad
[/quote]

Oops, your right I forgot to add Vinnie and Rodak  ::oh:: , I've now corrected my lineup...

Lighthouse

Just don't see any point in starting him. The game is almost a dead match. He will not be match fit and will be far better as a threat coming on later in the game. Starting him will mean the team that has only just worked out how to play without a target man will have to suddenly change tactics again.

Be interesting to see what is decided.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

I think Mitrovic has to start.  I don't understand 'not match fit' commentary.  He has been working out with the team during his banning, has had time off to hopefully heal whatever knocks he may have been carrying.  I see little difference from match fitness point of view than first game of the season and the game tomorrow.  Credit to Vinicius for his contributions, especially last three games or so.  But his position in this squad is as a backup.  I suspect he'll still get some game time tomorrow nonetheless. 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He must have been training extra hard so yes.
I'd play Vinicius and Mitro and see if the referee notices
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on May 12, 2023, 04:48:39 PM

He must have been training extra hard so yes.
I'd play Vinicius and Mitro and see if the referee notices
and if he does say Oooops, sorry
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES