News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

here we go again, WOEFUL Fulham. (can't watch any more).

Started by jarv, January 15, 2011, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

This is probably worse than the west ham game. WHAT IS WRONG that they cannot put out some energy and enthusiasm. Disgraceful performance so far, dreadfuly wrong tactics by Hughes.Sooooo depressing to watch. OK, this is knee jerk, the game is not over but I have seen enough for today.
Bottom 3 beckons again.

Lighthouse

Not sure why the tactics are wrong. We seem to be the better side but simply have no forwards. Hughes can be blamed for trying to go forward and not buying a forward. But why are the tactics wrong?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

I thought we played well..  with a decent striker we'd of won 3-1

FFCSteve

COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Bilet

It's the lack of a cutting edge again. Think we looked a lot better after Dembele came on. We should have taken the game to Wigan earlier.

I terms of tactics I think we overall play good football, but sometimes our wings seems to turn inside and don't take a run at it. We lack a bit of directness in our play, but this may be because we don't have a striker that can hold the ball up.

finnster01

That wasn't woeful at all. Can't even compare it to West Ham. West Ham we fell over and never got up. This match we got up and got a good point away. And we played good, but you have to be concerned about personal mistakes.

I'd take a point away from Wigan any day before the match.

Now onwards and upwards and lets do the double on Stoke.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SmithyFFC

FTID

Lighthouse

Quote from: Bilet on January 15, 2011, 05:03:30 PM
It's the lack of a cutting edge again. Think we looked a lot better after Dembele came on. We should have taken the game to Wigan earlier.

I terms of tactics I think we overall play good football, but sometimes our wings seems to turn inside and don't take a run at it. We lack a bit of directness in our play, but this may be because we don't have a striker that can hold the ball up.

That is exactly the problem. We have to wait and wait for players to make runs and then have to play the perfect pass. A target player wins the ball or loses it but he at least is occupying a defender which gives us time and a simple pass if we need it.

SuffolkWhite

I'm confused! I only caught the last 15 mins of GJ and it sounded like we were going for it and that a goal would come at any time, which it did. Did we play badly in the first half?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFCSteve

SWP anyone!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

finnster01

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 15, 2011, 05:10:04 PM
I'm confused! I only caught the last 15 mins of GJ and it sounded like we were going for it and that a goal would come at any time, which it did. Did we play badly in the first half?
No, but we gave up a very soft goal. Hughes and Stockdale both to share the blame

finnster01

Quote from: FFCSteve on January 15, 2011, 05:11:20 PM

SWP anyone!
Agree, but SWP can't even hold his own balls up and the fact he is just slightly taller than mini-me doesn't help. He can run down the wing and put a good cross in though, but no one will ever confuse him with Van Basten.

I think I'd spend that money on a goal scorer instead.

Lighthouse

Yes if we are going to see SWP we have to have a forward/Target as well. If there is a choice then there would be no point in buying SWP if he crosses to the forwards we have.

sipwell

Dembélé looked refreshing though. He surely seems to be back.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Aldo

AJ should have been put on at half time! With the space behind their defenders this game was made for him!

cebu

Quote from: sipwell on January 15, 2011, 05:32:07 PM

Indeed, he looked quite sharp, despite having been out for so long.

finnster01

He did indeed Mr Sipwell.

Maybe resting him making sure he is 100% this time instead of rushing him like the last time has a lot to do with it.

I really can't wait to watch him play alongside with Zamora.  :clap_hands:

Jimbobob

Diito again Bilet!!! :54: :54: :54:
We have a striker and that is an easy win. No one can finish on this squad. Why oh why are we not adressing what is so clearly a pressing need??? Waiting for BZ is the wrong thing...he is coming off a terrible injury and will not be fit for a while even if he returns. We were near the box all day but no one can put it in the net...
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: finnster01 on January 15, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
He did indeed Mr Sipwell.

Maybe resting him making sure he is 100% this time instead of rushing him like the last time has a lot to do with it.

I really can't wait to watch him play alongside with Zamora.  :clap_hands:

I can unless there is a major shift in tactics and somebody decides "Who's the man". From any angle you want to look at it from the rise of BZ was directly linked to the demise of AJ. We had no more getting in each others way, no more confusion about who should be in the box and who was holding the ball in the corners and I remember BZ making up the numbers in defence and long clearances to the smallest bloke on the pitch invariably led to the ball comig straight back . . . . sounds familiar. BZ up front in that rectangle from the centre circle to the opposition six yard box made us so much more controlled and focused.
I get your point about taking as much time as required to recover properly. On that basis though `the much relied upon return of BZ could be mid March. If he takes as long as AJ to get that match sharpness we keep hearing about it could be Wolves away before he clicks . . . . now would'nt that be a thing