News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: What is the best song or instrumental you have heard today?

Started by spikey norman, June 22, 2023, 12:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

During the close season with little football to watch I have been listening to much more music discovering new tracks and re visiting old favourites.
Pinching the idea from another forum and to run in conjunction with the Friday Evening music thread what is the best song/instrumental from any genre or decade that you have heard today?

My offering to kick the thread off is

Thanks in advance to WhiteJC for converting any links into actual clips

Holders

This morning: Princess Royal

The only tune I've been paid for playing - when busking in Prague.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Well if theme tunes count. I have been revisiting this practically every day.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

The Theme Tune to Are You Being Served.

It just makes you feel like you are in a department store in the 70s, and actually pre-dates Money by Pink Floyd for use of cash registers.

Alec of good Stock

The Sweeney

Somerset Fulham

Haha, for reasons that I can't really explain, I was listening to this absolute belter earlier.

WhiteJC

blingo

Stick a pony in yer pocket

Thailand Mick

Wouldn't it be good by Nik Kershaw great version.

andrew G

6 by 6 Earl Van Dyke  (keyboard lead for the Funk brothers)

Steven Ageroad

Watching the Amazon advert, today and over the last week, in which a security guard becomes a chef, made me check out the backing music, it's Memphis Soul Stew by King Curtis. Worth a listen if you like your soul music.

Dr Know

Two instrumentals from me.      After hours by Ronny Jordan  and  Walk on by    by Peter White and Boney James !

Steeeeeeeeeed

Put this on your headphones and close your eyes...awesome.

H4usuallysitting

Southcoastffc

Two, quite different, favourites. Chan Chan (Buena Vista Social Club) and Allegri's  Miserere (Harry Christopher's The Sixteen) 

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

andrew G

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 22, 2023, 04:20:44 PMWatching the Amazon advert, today and over the last week, in which a security guard becomes a chef, made me check out the backing music, it's Memphis Soul Stew by King Curtis. Worth a listen if you like your soul music.

[/quote
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 22, 2023, 04:20:44 PMWatching the Amazon advert, today and over the last week, in which a security guard becomes a chef, made me check out the backing music, it's Memphis Soul Stew by King Curtis. Worth a listen if you like your soul music.

I am glad you added this.I was watching TV and the ad came on and explained what it was to my youngest boy... He said he was suprised I liked it... I was about to give him what for when I turned to see him laughing.... what great track this is, I got it not long after it was released, it was along time ago anyway.

WhiteJC

Holders

THIS (ABOVE)

In similar vein, I offer the wonderful:

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wolf

No politics, religion or music....but in the week of a new release by my favourite band of all time I had to flout my credence

Hates: the Hounslow maggots