watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tour and Sunday Lunch

Started by Peabody, January 16, 2011, 04:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just got back from the Cottage and really enjoyed the day. Just one word of warning, if you are going anytime soon, avoid the apple crumble and custard because they are very stingy with the custard. However, if you ask, they do give you some extra custartd. I have now done it four times with different people and I still enjoy the whole experience.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Peabody on January 16, 2011, 04:08:57 PM
Just got back from the Cottage and really enjoyed the day. Just one word of warning, if you are going anytime soon, avoid the apple crumble and custard because they are very stingy with the custard. However, if you ask, they do give you some extra custartd. I have now done it four times with different people and I still enjoy the whole experience.

That is just bang out of order! You can never have too much custard.

I've also been on the tour (once) and would also highly recommend it.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

Brillant !!! ---- I will be sure to remember Mr P  :dft009:

What else did you receive for your birthday treat??

finnster01

Tour is indeed great, but I didn't have a custard issue. Maybe I got lucky?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 16, 2011, 04:18:14 PM
Brillant !!! ---- I will be sure to remember Mr P  :dft009:

What else did you receive for your birthday treat??

Not sure but I think the family are trying to get me a WII to help me keep fit. Mind you, with my postrate problems, the last thing I need is another WII

Tom

How much does it cost to go on the tour?
Fulham for life!

Peabody

I can only say it what it costs in sterling Tom and that is £34.99 per person. That dose'nt include any drinks you may have during the meal, but it is well worth it in my opinion.

Tom

Quote from: Peabody on January 16, 2011, 04:36:12 PM
I can only say it what it costs in sterling Tom and that is £34.99 per person. That dose'nt include any drinks you may have during the meal, but it is well worth it in my opinion.
Thanks Peabody. I will have to take the tour next time I am over.
Fulham for life!

GoldCoastWhite

I'm not sure that they allow ruffians to attend the lunch tours Tom  :015:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Peabody on January 16, 2011, 04:08:57 PM

What is it with Chefs and portion control operatives. I went on the Fullers tour and popped in the pub for lunch. A teaspoon of custard with my apple pie. The last time we went to a restaurant it came in a jug, probably the smallest jug in the world. On the upside. We parked at Windsor before the Sunderland game as the Heathrow stretch of the M4 had become bonkers. Jam Roly Poly, emphasise the importance of custard and its awesome. Not a posh restauarant . . . . . Wetherspoons.

finnster01

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on January 16, 2011, 05:01:56 PM
That is a bit harsh Mr GCW, especially if he brings his girlfriend in her San Diego Chargers thong, custard or no custard...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on January 16, 2011, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on January 16, 2011, 05:01:56 PM
That is a bit harsh Mr GCW, especially if he brings his girlfriend in her San Diego Chargers thong, custard or no custard...

And if they let you in.... :54:

ron

Peabody, and all other custardophiles.....

I have to bring to your attention the legendary bottomless custard jug available with the sumptuous puddings listed on the link..

http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/offer/warmupwithtobycarvery/

A marriage made in heaven....?

Peabody

Have to agree Ron, the East Ewell Toby is our favourite