News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the obsession with blaming everything on the Khans?

Started by Sammyffc, July 20, 2023, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

The khans are a waste of time bought a club with no plan, bought a load of players who wer crap,bought a new training ground nothing,build a stand nothing, explain what they are doing nothing,staff want to leave them nothing said, communicate with fans no,ruined the rest of the ground due to nothing happening with the rest of the ground, how about the tournament in America we will finish bottom below brentford and the rest,silver knows buying late means they don't bed in,we really fucked up and it's dopey Toney what my money back after 50years tony khan is what he is a dick,I'm glad he's not my son goodbye.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 20, 2023, 09:55:47 PMThe khans are a waste of time bought a club with no plan, bought a load of players who wer crap,bought a new training ground nothing,build a stand nothing, explain what they are doing nothing,staff want to leave them nothing said, communicate with fans no,ruined the rest of the ground due to nothing happening with the rest of the ground, how about the tournament in America we will finish bottom below brentford and the rest,silver knows buying late means they don't bed in,we really fucked up and it's dopey Toney what my money back after 50years tony khan is what he is a dick,I'm glad he's not my son goodbye.
Can you say what you mean, preferably so I can understand?

HobGoblin

Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 20, 2023, 09:55:47 PMThe khans are a waste of time bought a club with no plan, bought a load of players who wer crap,bought a new training ground nothing,build a stand nothing, explain what they are doing nothing,staff want to leave them nothing said, communicate with fans no,ruined the rest of the ground due to nothing happening with the rest of the ground, how about the tournament in America we will finish bottom below brentford and the rest,silver knows buying late means they don't bed in,we really fucked up and it's dopey Toney what my money back after 50years tony khan is what he is a dick,I'm glad he's not my son goodbye.

Bye then

Fulham Tup North

I ran this through 'Google Translate' and even that gave up  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Southcoastffc

Despite the cheap jibes about grammar and punctuation, it really is not difficult to understand what M the Beard is saying.  And he often is makes good points. However, I disagree with this very negative assessment of what the Khan's have done for Fulham.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

Well - apart from financial stability, a new training ground, a new stand, a record breaking season and some very decent player's.... you're right, what have the Khan's done for us

Logicalman

Quote from: Chutney on July 20, 2023, 05:04:58 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on July 20, 2023, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 20, 2023, 04:51:13 PMThe khan's took over a stable premier league club and last season was the first season in a decade that we have been in the Premiership under them and not been relegated.

They have priced out many legacy fans in favour of tourists and made the supporters club almost entirely redundant. Every manager that we've had since they took over has voiced concerns and issues with how our recruitment is managed.

I think a lot of this would go away if Shahid removed his Son from anything to do wit the Club.

Oh come on, our team was shocking at the point of sale. Al Fayed hadn't invested in years but apparently saying anything negative about him is illegal here.

' Every manager has complained ', fair point, so where are any of these managers now? im assuming in the premier league at the top of their game ? oh .... guess not.

And the other relegations? The fact that had it not been for ross McCormack we would have hit league one. It's taken them a decade to appear somewhat competent, I find it remarkable that people don't understand the anger towards them, it's entirely justified given the clubs performance since they took over.

If you take the poor performance, add in the ticket prices and the shocking PR (Tony khan telling fans to go to hell and claiming we should be thankful to be a yo-yo club on twitter). its the perfect storm to brew anger. This is where it all comes from.

I can understand that we will never agree on this, but from my perspective;

Given our history of owners, the Khans don't actually seem as bad as some make out, and I really don't see why all the bare hatred towards them, including posting items on twitter that are very misleading. Just because someone has money and decides to spend some of his time elsewhere, then that's a pretty poor excuse, from what I can see. Perhaps he was to blame for us losing to United in the cup as well?

Didn't MaF tell Fulham fans to go and support Chelsea, just becauuse they didn't like the (pretty crap) statue of someone who had sod-all to do with the club?  I would prefer hell to that.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 21, 2023, 12:01:52 AMWell - apart from financial stability, a new training ground, a new stand, a record breaking season and some very decent player's.... you're right, what have the Khan's done for us

Yeah, and don't start on about those Romans!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Marcel_Gecov

Love how supporters always feel the club should invest more, yet balk at being asked to spend more themselves.

perry geyton

Quote from: Chutney on July 20, 2023, 04:51:13 PMThe khan's took over a stable premier league club and last season was the first season in a decade that we have been in the Premiership under them and not been relegated.

They have priced out many legacy fans in favour of tourists and made the supporters club almost entirely redundant. Every manager that we've had since they took over has voiced concerns and issues with how our recruitment is managed.

I think a lot of this would go away if Shahid removed his Son from anything to do wit the Club.

Stable ? We were going down that season due to Fayed's lack of investment you absolute Ding Dong FFS !!!!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Logicalman on July 21, 2023, 12:24:25 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 21, 2023, 12:01:52 AMWell - apart from financial stability, a new training ground, a new stand, a record breaking season and some very decent player's.... you're right, what have the Khan's done for us

Yeah, and don't start on about those Romans!

We're the people's front of Fulham

FFC1987

Have they ever thrown a kettle over a pub roof? That's the real quiz.

Sammyffc

Quote from: perry geyton on July 21, 2023, 01:02:50 AM

Stable ? We were going down that season due to Fayed's lack of investment you absolute Ding Dong FFS !!!!

haha, exactly what i meant by saying anything bad against Fayed is illegal. Amazing people don't realise how bad we were when the khans came

toshes mate

Thanks to Penfold for the most objective contribution to this thread, IMHO.

I have tried my best to be pragmatic about the Khans by firstly - separating Khan Senior from Khan Junior.

From around 2013 to 2016 there was some agitation in the recruitment arena with the arrival of Mike Rigg and Craig Kline within weeks of each other. That was a BIG mistake. 

Rigg departed in November 2016 after TK joined Kline. That was a BIGGER mistake.

The rest is still playing through the FFC financial records just to show that owning a football club can be hazardous to the club's health.

The recruitment of Marco Silva was sheer brilliance from Shahid Khan, added to by his careful nurturing of this relationship.  Meanwhile his son is on probation and struggling a little it would seem but perhaps over the worse. I hope he is over the worse anyway.

The rest of the story is yet to be written ...

Penfold

Could have stayed up that year but made awful decisions. Removing Mark Collins from board, retaining Jol who oversaw a poor summer window, sacking Jol too late, dreadful January window and appointing Felix.

Al Fayed took his eye of the ball definitely and didn't spend as much as he could have done but we put more into wages than fees. Berbatov was on a fair whack and, apparently, likes of Rodellaga and Riise on silly money.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Shahid Khan is the club's owner, Tony Khan is the director of football. They are responsible for the operation of this football club and if people have issues with the way the club is run then they have every right to criticise the decision makers.

jayffc

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 21, 2023, 09:49:20 AM

haha, exactly what i meant by saying anything bad against Fayed is illegal. Amazing people don't realise how bad we were when the khans came

Said this a few times

There were interviews at the time directly with Murphy and hangeland both saying the club was in really bad shape pre sale...and I recall at the time one of them - I think Murphy saying there was something "rotten" at the core of the club at the time.

We were 100% on a downward trajectory according to those who literally worked within the club and played for us first hand.

Edit...found it

No one here knows the situation at the club at that time better than Danny Murphys direct experience.

https://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/danny-murphy-saw-signs-of-rot-two-years-ago.aspx

Many have been relegated from the Prem never to return  or not for decades....
The Khan's steadied the ship after taking over a club seemingly in shambles, have been working on a long term plan to build a squad capable of competing (see yo yo comments -I took that as , as long as we're still bouncing up as well as down , we can work with that...) and eventually we came up and finished 10th with a squad we'd been putting together a couple years.

Sadly now all that works being undone by Saudi interference unsettling a project they obviously would rather not just scrap and let MS and mitro walk.
But here we are, they'll have to find a solution but I can't hold this situation against them, it's pretty unprecedented this Saudi drama. Hopefully whatever they're working on works out but I'm expecting some turbulence

alfie

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 21, 2023, 10:11:57 AMShahid Khan is the club's owner, Tony Khan is the director of football. They are responsible for the operation of this football club and if people have issues with the way the club is run then they have every right to criticise the decision makers.
Tony Khan is not director of football.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Surlyc

Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2023, 10:17:54 AM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 21, 2023, 10:11:57 AMShahid Khan is the club's owner, Tony Khan is the director of football. They are responsible for the operation of this football club and if people have issues with the way the club is run then they have every right to criticise the decision makers.

True, Tony Khan is Director of Football Operations. Which if anything makes him more responsible for the operation of this football club.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Surlyc on July 21, 2023, 10:43:05 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2023, 10:17:54 AM

True, Tony Khan is Director of Football Operations. Which if anything makes him more responsible for the operation of this football club.
In any case he is the most vocal operative at the club and frequently comments on our transfer business and club affairs, so even if not by name he is very much a key part of it all.