https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think its clear the Khans want out

Started by Sammyffc, August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

sunburywhite

They have said I can borrow his yacht one weekend
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

itombomb

I don't for the life of me think they intend to sell, and I've defended the Khans a lot in the past.

But it is actually a real practical problem that our 'Director of Football Operations' is currently trying to run a transfer window at the same time as his other (primary) job is as busy as it has ever been. For those that aren't aware, AEW put on its biggest show in Wembley last Sunday, is putting on another major show in Chicago this Sunday, has multiple TV shows being made live in between those, and he is also dealing with a load of ridiculous HR-type controversy.

I think most of the year he should be able to do both jobs (and his other ones) fine as there aren't too many demands of him. But there are really important weeks where it is just impossible for him to commit the time to Fulham he needs to.

Rupert

Just a wild theory here, feel free to dismiss it as the delusions of a madman if you wish, but is it at all possible that our vice-chairman does not handle everything to do with the transfers personally? Might he have people, let's call them "staff", who handle the nitty gritty details for him? Might he simply be the one who gives general directions, which they implement? So might this mean he can do two jobs at once?
Just putting it out there.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HV71

Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2023, 09:17:02 PMJust a wild theory here, feel free to dismiss it as the delusions of a madman if you wish, but is it at all possible that our vice-chairman does not handle everything to do with the transfers personally? Might he have people, let's call them "staff", who handle the nitty gritty details for him? Might he simply be the one who gives general directions, which they implement? So might this mean he can do two jobs at once?

He might well , as you say. However , given market conditions this year , and the obvious disruptive nature of the ( early ) Saudi threat then perhaps he should have considered the impact of this on his 11th hour ( late) strategy . Hardly fit for purpose under such circumstances and also unlikely to get bargains when sellers know you have a lot of money in your pocket . His staff may well be working hard but a poor strategy invariably ends with difficult outcomes.

Has TK wrestled with this issue appropriately? We will know by the end of tomorrow

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PMMany reputable ITK's were saying months ago that they wanted to sell, were in talks to sell but it fell through and all sorts. The selling of Mitro and Joao cement the feeling to me that they still do want out. Whether its because Shahid is getting pissed off with FFP as reported before or whatever, i for one do not want them to go.

However, what could actually be done as a club for us to move forward?. We will always be a feeder club to others unless we cement ourselves as a top 6 team.

Realistically i think if the khans sell we will be f'd. Its EXTREMELY rare for clubs to actually have good owners who don't strip them of all assets and plunge them into ungodly amounts of debt.
 :cheesy:
I fear for our future, sadly.
"The selling of Mitro and Joao cement the feeling to me that they still do want out"

Hmm didn't know that Joao had been sold?
You know more than what is currently reported, it seems!

StuinSalop

Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2023, 09:17:02 PMJust a wild theory here, feel free to dismiss it as the delusions of a madman if you wish, but is it at all possible that our vice-chairman does not handle everything to do with the transfers personally? Might he have people, let's call them "staff", who handle the nitty gritty details for him? Might he simply be the one who gives general directions, which they implement? So might this mean he can do two jobs at once?

Stop being so sensible, the Khans are evil and are tying to damage Fulham Football Club.

I am sure the vast majority of our fan base are very happy with the Khans however those who have axes to grind and don't like Tony's overly enthusiastic style or whatever it is they don't like, stir it up and constantly try and get this problem off their chest.

The Khans will surely at least want to complete the Riverside, you don't normally sell a house before it's completed.  They don't need the money, they bought Fulham for a connection to London, etc etc etc.   People are naturally nervous about this transfer window and need to have a go, I get it. 

Don't think the Khans are going anywhere just yet anyway.

Nick Bateman

Khans are staying is more obvious. Much that I miss Mitro, Tony Khan has signed two strikers to compensate the loss of our main forward. That is not the action of someone who is wishing to leave the club.

I think the OP's worst fears are fuelling this topic rather than undisputed FACT.

And Paulina hasn't left and Bayern's low-ball offer is not enough for Fulham to accept. Other rumours are media inventions intended to hoodwink the fans and cause disruption or even put ideas in players' heads.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

A very good premier league finish last season and two players to be sold for £100m, the club value must be at a peak value, must be a good time to sell.

Brawn

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 31, 2023, 09:41:48 PMTony Khan has signed two strikers to compensate the loss of our main forward.

He signed a player who is now 0 in 26 (Jimenez) and that other striker is a right winger (Traore).

There's a reason they were let go by Wolves - and they are seriously short of goals.

ElRay

For me they have to go. Football operations are clearly not the focus. Honestly i don't even understand what they want, surely a thriving Premier League side with a new stand is a better proposition to potential buyers than something on its arse potentially in the championship if they do want to sell. Even if you believe the Khans are in it for the long haul, the people they employ to run this football club don't have a clear plan for footballing operations and they aren't doing anything to change that because it's been like this for years.

Al-Fayed's last summer we lost Dempsey & Dembele with no real replacements in place I believe we got Berbatov, Dejagah & made a mad deadline day move to get Michel Bastos but it didn't come off. I imagine tomorrow will be similar, we won't get everyone we want just have 10 deals on the go and see who wants in.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 31, 2023, 07:47:35 PMBig overreaction from the OP. Khans have been good custodians of the club.
Two questions:

1. What makes you think that, other than the stand?
2. What do you mean by custodian? Shahid owns the club as a business, he is meant to run it, not just maintain oversight?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Either way, purely from a governance point of a view, he has ultimate oversight and responsibility. So when things go wrong, HE has to take up the mantle and steer the ship, and take responsibility for failings - it is clear he does not do this, and Shahid as the owner fails in his governance role by not holding him and the rest of his delegates to account.

In any other company this would amount to a corporate governance structure totally unfit for purpose - why is it any different for Fulham Football Club?

RAY Rock ????

Do contracts that are signed that have 4-5 years left mean nothing anymore. Say no not for sale job done
The players we are linked with with less than 24 hours left are shocking we will be stuck with garbage just like Ivan and Knocks and Kongolo our recruitment team haven't learned anything. No plan B on transfers Mitrovic replacement should have Been in as soon as he started spitting his dummy out. But no another cyraic incoming at 00.00 sat morning . Completely p  ed off .🤬😡

Rupert

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:45:45 PMEither way, purely from a governance point of a view, he has ultimate oversight and responsibility. So when things go wrong, HE has to take up the mantle and steer the ship, and take responsibility for failings - it is clear he does not do this, and Shahid as the owner fails in his governance role by not holding him and the rest of his delegates to account.

In any other company this would amount to a corporate governance structure totally unfit for purpose - why is it any different for Fulham Football Club?

This appears to be a point of view. It may be valid. It may not. It is being presented as an indisputable fact. This may not be your intention, but that is my interpretation.

How is it clear he does not do this? Can you publish the minutes from previous board meetings to back this statement up?

Do you have some sort of inside knowledge?

Are you Tony Khan?

Are you his right hand man?

Are you somebody just banging his gums together in frustration at what you perceive to be poor practice?

So many questions, young Rupert. So few answers...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

General

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 07:18:21 PMThis has been suggested by so many ill informed rumour mongers. Why would the Khans build a stand. Then build a team to get back into the Prem a couple of times. Then rebuild again.

What you are saying  is it is their fault that players want to move for greed or ambition. People blame them for not getting business done early as if they have any sort of control as most business is done in the last 24 hours. But then they would still have to replace the players that leave the club late.

Then we have the weird idea that the owners are going to keep the transfer money to repay the money the club actually owe them.

I am baffled by the idea that the owners want out and the coach leaves. All because players have left or may leave. It isn't their fault. They can be blamed for lots of things but it seems that fans on a downward spiral just want to keep digging the hole deeper.

Because the financial outlay is far bigger then they thought and more demanding as wealthier people buy clubs meaning the novelty has worn off and the ambition levels are limited.

Ie they put money into the stand, upped the prices to recoup costs and has had a tangible negative effect on the fanbase, then the stand was incomplete, went into financial difficulties, means more outlay is required, and probably not insignificant and with TK preferring Wrestling, not doing a good enough job at fulham and drawing ire, as well as them not having had a genuine interest in football before buying the club and having gained enough business benefits for their other businesses or the most they felt they could, they decided to sell?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2023, 11:35:23 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:45:45 PMEither way, purely from a governance point of a view, he has ultimate oversight and responsibility. So when things go wrong, HE has to take up the mantle and steer the ship, and take responsibility for failings - it is clear he does not do this, and Shahid as the owner fails in his governance role by not holding him and the rest of his delegates to account.

This appears to be a point of view. It may be valid. It may not. It is being presented as an indisputable fact. This may not be your intention, but that is my interpretation.

How is it clear he does not do this? Can you publish the minutes from previous board meetings to back this statement up?

Are you Tony Khan?

Are you somebody just banging his gums together in frustration at what you perceive to be poor practice?

My evidence is right out in the open. Transfer goes well or we sign someone, Tony blurts out on Twitter saying how great he is and "come on Fulham!". When things go Pete Tong - silence. And on the extremely rare occasion that he actually speaks out about it, he blames the fans, telling them to "go to hell".

And for the record, stop using patronising language and argue your point respectfully please.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 11:48:16 PM

Are you Tony Khan?

My evidence is right out in the open. Transfer goes well or we sign someone, Tony blurts out on Twitter saying how great he is and "come on Fulham!". When things go Pete Tong - silence. And on the extremely rare occasion that he actually speaks out about it, he blames the fans, telling them to "go to hell".

Except he doesn't. He says that 'I am not going anywhere. Go to hell' After yet another ill informed diatribe by a simpleton who thinks he is a fan who knows it all. I am only speculating at this point.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 11:52:49 PM

Are you Tony Khan?

Except he doesn't. He says that 'I am not going anywhere. Go to hell' After yet another ill informed diatribe by a simpleton who thinks he is a fan who knows it all. I am only speculating at this point.
It was a completely fair comment by that fan in my opinion. But the main issue is here is the otherwise complete silence from him when things go wrong - like I said, there is no accountability in the club and that goes right up from the scouts to the owner. No one is being held to account other than the manager and his coaching staff.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 11:57:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 11:52:49 PM

Are you Tony Khan?

It was a completely fair comment by that fan in my opinion. But the main issue is here is the otherwise complete silence from him when things go wrong - like I said, there is no accountability in the club and that goes right up from the scouts to the owner. No one is being held to account other than the manager and his coaching staff.

All fans ever do is blame the owner and his son. Any promotion or great signing is always down to  Silva and his brilliant coaching. I just get a bit embarrassed that the same thing happens all the time. The amount of money the owners have put into the club is ignored and we blame the owners son for his interest in wrestling. But carry on doing what fans do all the time. Blame the evil owners and ignore the two best players being offered better contracts and places to go. After all this has never happened before to Fulham.No player has ever been tempted away. It is up to our owners to chain them to their contracts. If they make a huge profit out of the players insisting on going and reinvesting then that isn't good enough. Bastards these owners. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope