watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think its clear the Khans want out

Started by Sammyffc, August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Many reputable ITK's were saying months ago that they wanted to sell, were in talks to sell but it fell through and all sorts. The selling of Mitro and Joao cement the feeling to me that they still do want out. Whether its because Shahid is getting pissed off with FFP as reported before or whatever, i for one do not want them to go.

However, what could actually be done as a club for us to move forward?. We will always be a feeder club to others unless we cement ourselves as a top 6 team.

Realistically i think if the khans sell we will be f'd. Its EXTREMELY rare for clubs to actually have good owners who don't strip them of all assets and plunge them into ungodly amounts of debt.

I fear for our future, sadly.

ChesterTheTabby

Not necessarily - Kahn is a business man who probably sees a player who increases in value from 20m to 80m, who helped us stay in the Prem as a +60m gained. Mitro was bought for 20m and sold for 45m and he got us promoted twice and kept us here last year as huge value gained too. The key is the desire and passion to backfill and strengthen, while earning some money. If we don't do that - they're selling. They could also be seeing the competition as easier than last year and thinking we'll survive... and that's bold, dangerous thinking.

They have also invested A TON in a brand new stand and the Fulham Pier... why would he abandon that?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

love4ffc

?s=46&t=wZGvWTVk8T-oZw1rgutZ4g
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 31, 2023, 07:12:05 PMNot necessarily - Kahn is a business man who probably sees a player who increases in value from 20m to 80m, who helped us stay in the Prem as a +60m gained. Mitro was bought for 20m and sold for 45m and he got us promoted twice and kept us here last year as huge value gained too. The key is the desire and passion to backfill and strengthen, while earning some money. If we don't do that - they're selling. They could also be seeing the competition as easier than last year and thinking we'll survive... and that's bold, dangerous thinking.

They have also invested A TON in a brand new stand and the Fulham Pier... why would he abandon that?
they bought a stand that they have loads of you all paying a minimum of £100 a game and they can't even get it completed.fulham pier being challenged by local residents.

Lighthouse

This has been suggested by so many ill informed rumour mongers. Why would the Khans build a stand. Then build a team to get back into the Prem a couple of times. Then rebuild again.

What you are saying  is it is their fault that players want to move for greed or ambition. People blame them for not getting business done early as if they have any sort of control as most business is done in the last 24 hours. But then they would still have to replace the players that leave the club late.

Then we have the weird idea that the owners are going to keep the transfer money to repay the money the club actually owe them.

I am baffled by the idea that the owners want out and the coach leaves. All because players have left or may leave. It isn't their fault. They can be blamed for lots of things but it seems that fans on a downward spiral just want to keep digging the hole deeper.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

We were and always will be a business venture to the Khans, we offered them a foothold in a very lucrative market and meant they had access to contacts to further their other business interests NFL and Wresting.
You cannot knock them for what they have done but unless we become a stable premier league team the risk of haemorrhaging money is always there so they will sell assets that double or triple the initial outlay providing it doesn't damage the clubs hopes of staying up In my most lucrative league in the world

Cumbrian White

We have 2 outstanding players, one went for money, nothing Khan's can do about that, the other, probably one of the nest players in his position in the world and a genuine CL finalist wants him.

Not a lot Khan's can DD about that.

Unless you're top of the tree, which we're not, other clubs will always cherry pick the best talent.

Khan's job is to now get the best deal possible.

The money will be reinvested and we go again.

That's not to say they're not looking to sell but the sale of these two players are not an indication of it, probably the opposite, if you're selling you'd want to sell with assets on the books.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 07:18:21 PMThis has been suggested by so many ill informed rumour mongers. Why would the Khans build a stand. Then build a team to get back into the Prem a couple of times. Then rebuild again.

What you are saying  is it is their fault that players want to move for greed or ambition. People blame them for not getting business done early as if they have any sort of control as most business is done in the last 24 hours. But then they would still have to replace the players that leave the club late.

Then we have the weird idea that the owners are going to keep the transfer money to repay the money the club actually owe them.

I am baffled by the idea that the owners want out and the coach leaves. All because players have left or may leave. It isn't their fault. They can be blamed for lots of things but it seems that fans on a downward spiral just want to keep digging the hole deeper.

Not really, one of your highly respected ITK's on this forum was one of the first to break the news at the beginning of the year that they were in talks to sell

Somerset Fulham

I think that this is more of an emotional response than a rational one, Sammy.   I totally get it but can't for the life of me fathom out why they would sell up right at this point in time.

We have had a torrid old summer as a club and if we can get through the next 30 odd hours without too much more damage inflicted upon us, then we can steady the ship and then emotions may not be running so high.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 31, 2023, 07:36:57 PMI think that this is more of an emotional response than a rational one, Sammy.   I totally get it but can't for the life of me fathom out why they would sell up right at this point in time.

We have had a torrid old summer as a club and if we can get through the next 30 odd hours without too much more damage inflicted upon us, then we can steady the ship and then emotions may not be running so high.

I totally understand what you mean mate. This forum is just very confusing, we are told by certain people to only believe certain ITKS on this site, however when those ITKS say things such as this, that certain people dont like, then we are told to dismiss it.

I guess thats just this forum as of now.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 31, 2023, 07:23:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 07:18:21 PMThis has been suggested by so many ill informed rumour mongers. Why would the Khans build a stand. Then build a team to get back into the Prem a couple of times. Then rebuild again.

Not really, one of your highly respected ITK's on this forum was one of the first to break the news at the beginning of the year that they were in talks to sell

Once again some fan making things up. Why MY highly respected ITKs? I have only ever said leave them alone its fun reading what they say. Hardly respect or anything else. So why make stuff up?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Big overreaction from the OP. Khans have been good custodians of the club.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 07:45:03 PM

Once again some fan making things up. Why MY highly respected ITKs? I have only ever said leave them alone its fun reading what they say. Hardly respect or anything else. So why make stuff up?
I find it amazing that so many people who have nothing to do with the inner workings of the club seem to know exactly what the Khans will or won't do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Willham

My problems with this thread so far;

1) "we'll always be a business venture to the khans" yes, you're right, just like every other club and chairman you have in all of the premier league and most of the English football and most of all the country's in the world's football. We will always be a business venture to any chairman.

2) what on earth is a ITK? It has popped up a lot recently.

alfie

Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 07:55:36 PMMy problems with this thread so far;

1) "we'll always be a business venture to the khans" yes, you're right, just like every other club and chairman you have in all of the premier league and most of the English football and most of all the country's in the world's football. We will always be a business venture to any chairman.

2) what on earth is a ITK? It has popped up a lot recently.

2) "in the know"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deuce

Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 07:55:36 PM2) what on earth is a ITK? It has popped up a lot recently.
People who are In The Know. Basically people with inside information at a club

Somerset Fulham

This place is a hotbed of emotion and a lot of the time extremely pessimistic views. That's not to do things down here, I guess that is a Fulham fan's lot in life!

Keep the faith, lets worry about the problems in front of us right now rather than any that may be lurking around the corner mate.

Sammyffc

Quote from: alfie on August 31, 2023, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 07:45:03 PM

I find it amazing that so many people who have nothing to do with the inner workings of the club seem to know exactly what the Khans will or won't do.

This is my point though. On this forum there are some genuine ITKs, we have seen that over the years and there are a handful who are seen as extremely reliable. However, as i said, if i mention something they have said that people don't like then we are supposed to dismiss it as pixies making things up in their dreamland.

keithh

I'm still excited to find out who the new players are......