https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think its clear the Khans want out

Started by Sammyffc, August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

It couldn't be more obvious that they're selling

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2023, 10:46:32 AMIt couldn't be more obvious that they're selling

Other than the fact they've never mentioned it....

I think it could be a tad more obvious personally!

junior white

I've thought a lot about this and nothing seems to add up, i know there have been intermittent rumours that they want to sell, but like I say it doesn't add up in my mind.

If they want to sell, why sell your best players and risk relegation which will vastly reduce the price of the club, surely if you want to sell then do it while your holding your own in the premier league.

They could have a buyer lined up of course but then surely any buyer would not want the best assets sold if they are agreeing to buy the club, otherwise you pull out or ask for a reduction in price.

So if they are selling up it is a strange tactic to use unless they think average replacements will keep us up, and I do not see them taking that risk. Well I hope they dont.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 11:52:49 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 11:48:16 PM
Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2023, 11:35:23 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:45:45 PMEither way, purely from a governance point of a view, he has ultimate oversight and responsibility. So when things go wrong, HE has to take up the mantle and steer the ship, and take responsibility for failings - it is clear he does not do this, and Shahid as the owner fails in his governance role by not holding him and the rest of his delegates to account.

In any other company this would amount to a corporate governance structure totally unfit for purpose - why is it any different for Fulham Football Club?

This appears to be a point of view. It may be valid. It may not. It is being presented as an indisputable fact. This may not be your intention, but that is my interpretation.

How is it clear he does not do this? Can you publish the minutes from previous board meetings to back this statement up?

Do you have some sort of inside knowledge?

Are you Tony Khan?

Are you his right hand man?

Are you somebody just banging his gums together in frustration at what you perceive to be poor practice?

So many questions, young Rupert. So few answers...
My evidence is right out in the open. Transfer goes well or we sign someone, Tony blurts out on Twitter saying how great he is and "come on Fulham!". When things go Pete Tong - silence. And on the extremely rare occasion that he actually speaks out about it, he blames the fans, telling them to "go to hell".

Except he doesn't. He says that 'I am not going anywhere. Go to hell' After yet another ill informed diatribe by a simpleton who thinks he is a fan who knows it all. I am only speculating at this point.

Ironic you call someone a 'simpleton' whilst using a tweet that is coming up to be 5 years old to prove a point they aren't selling.

Surlyc

Quote from: Pluto on September 01, 2023, 10:46:32 AMIt couldn't be more obvious that they're selling
Selling your best player with no replacement is not what you do when you're actively selling, as it will directly impact on the value you would get for the club.

Selling your best player with no replacement is, however, what you do when you are starting to lose interest. This is rather reminiscent of MAF at the end.

alfie

Quote from: junior white on September 01, 2023, 12:46:19 PMI've thought a lot about this and nothing seems to add up, i know there have been intermittent rumours that they want to sell, but like I say it doesn't add up in my mind.

If they want to sell, why sell your best players and risk relegation which will vastly reduce the price of the club, surely if you want to sell then do it while your holding your own in the premier league.

They could have a buyer lined up of course but then surely any buyer would not want the best assets sold if they are agreeing to buy the club, otherwise you pull out or ask for a reduction in price.

So if they are selling up it is a strange tactic to use unless they think average replacements will keep us up, and I do not see them taking that risk. Well I hope they dont.
Not only that a new buyer would have the completion of the stand to deal with, although I guess that could be factored in. With the money they have laid out I would think the only likely people interested would be Saudis.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Let's keep this thread civil lads & lasses, stop the name-calling and insults, please.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Beamer

Quite frankly could you blame them. They have spent a lot on club and team and have got things going in the right direction when they then see that the 2 most valuable assets which they had no desire to lose are able to break their contracts when it suits. I'd be pretty miffed as well.

blingo

There's some serious rubbish being touted on this thread

H4usuallysitting

I think the Khan's definitely want to sell.... This statement is based on seeing our club for sale on ebay

Beamer

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2023, 01:59:30 PMI think the Khan's definitely want to sell.... This statement is based on seeing our club for sale on ebay

They should have waited for the next 'no sale fee' day and saved a few pounds.

Marcel_Gecov

TK said in a interview evry recently that he loves Fulham and it's his baby so I dont see us being sold to anyone other than a intra-khan family deal to TK.

Brawn

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 01, 2023, 03:01:56 PMTK said in a interview evry recently that he loves Fulham and it's his baby so I dont see us being sold to anyone other than a intra-khan family deal to TK.

That may work out if he leaves the DoF role.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 31, 2023, 07:47:35 PMBig overreaction from the OP. Khans have been good custodians of the club.
Two questions:

1. What makes you think that, other than the stand?
2. What do you mean by custodian? Shahid owns the club as a business, he is meant to run it, not just maintain oversight?

1. Have you seen some of the other ownership fiascos throughout the EFL in recent years? We could do much, much worse than a slightly ridiculous but still committed American businessman. Khan appears to want what is best for Fulham, has bought us good players, and we've seen generally smooth sailing since he's acquired the club.

2. By custodian I meant owner, i.e. the person most responsible for the ongoing wellbeing of the club.

perry geyton

To be fair I wouldn't blame them if they were thinking of selling

The severe lack of gratitude and respect/class  from a big chunk of our fan base probably hasn't really helped things...

ianthailand

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 01, 2023, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 31, 2023, 07:47:35 PMBig overreaction from the OP. Khans have been good custodians of the club.
Two questions:

1. What makes you think that, other than the stand?
2. What do you mean by custodian? Shahid owns the club as a business, he is meant to run it, not just maintain oversight?

1. Have you seen some of the other ownership fiascos throughout the EFL in recent years? We could do much, much worse than a slightly ridiculous but still committed American businessman. Khan appears to want what is best for Fulham, has bought us good players, and we've seen generally smooth sailing since he's acquired the club.

2. By custodian I meant owner, i.e. the person most responsible for the ongoing wellbeing of the club.
The problem is TK spreading himself too thinly. Jack of all businesses master of only one (Men in Tights).