watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think its clear the Khans want out

Started by Sammyffc, August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Of course the Khan's will sell, but not yet....I would imagine in 10 or so year's time.....Metro & Palhinha (if he goes) are just part of the circus that is football....I have no idea who's overseeing the transfers, but bigger club's will always get there player - please don't blame the Khan's... it's the system that's broken

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2023, 12:07:23 AM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 11:57:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2023, 11:52:49 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 11:48:16 PM
Quote from: Rupert on August 31, 2023, 11:35:23 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 31, 2023, 10:45:45 PMEither way, purely from a governance point of a view, he has ultimate oversight and responsibility. So when things go wrong, HE has to take up the mantle and steer the ship, and take responsibility for failings - it is clear he does not do this, and Shahid as the owner fails in his governance role by not holding him and the rest of his delegates to account.

In any other company this would amount to a corporate governance structure totally unfit for purpose - why is it any different for Fulham Football Club?

This appears to be a point of view. It may be valid. It may not. It is being presented as an indisputable fact. This may not be your intention, but that is my interpretation.

How is it clear he does not do this? Can you publish the minutes from previous board meetings to back this statement up?

Do you have some sort of inside knowledge?

Are you Tony Khan?

Are you his right hand man?

Are you somebody just banging his gums together in frustration at what you perceive to be poor practice?

So many questions, young Rupert. So few answers...
My evidence is right out in the open. Transfer goes well or we sign someone, Tony blurts out on Twitter saying how great he is and "come on Fulham!". When things go Pete Tong - silence. And on the extremely rare occasion that he actually speaks out about it, he blames the fans, telling them to "go to hell".

Except he doesn't. He says that 'I am not going anywhere. Go to hell' After yet another ill informed diatribe by a simpleton who thinks he is a fan who knows it all. I am only speculating at this point.
It was a completely fair comment by that fan in my opinion. But the main issue is here is the otherwise complete silence from him when things go wrong - like I said, there is no accountability in the club and that goes right up from the scouts to the owner. No one is being held to account other than the manager and his coaching staff.

All fans ever do is blame the owner and his son. Any promotion or great signing is always down to  Silva and his brilliant coaching. I just get a bit embarrassed that the same thing happens all the time. The amount of money the owners have put into the club is ignored and we blame the owners son for his interest in wrestling. But carry on doing what fans do all the time. Blame the evil owners and ignore the two best players being offered better contracts and places to go. After all this has never happened before to Fulham.No player has ever been tempted away. It is up to our owners to chain them to their contracts. If they make a huge profit out of the players insisting on going and reinvesting then that isn't good enough. Bastards these owners. 
The amount of money that has been put in is as a consequence of poor transfer business! I would much rather they would conduct smart business and spend less money. And while they've put money in, we fans are being made to carry the cost of it with exorbitant ticket and matchday prices, so don't think this is all generosity on the part of the owners because it's really not.

As for Mitro and Palhinha, we KNEW there would be interest in them, so why is there no contingency plan in place? It's all scramble around last minute and hope some of the s*** sticks to the wall, as the ballsed up deal for Ocampos has shown. It's meant we are now four or five players short going into deadline day (assuming Palhinha goes) and history has proven than our track record on deadline day signings is far from perfect.

The reason why the Khans and Mackintosh are not fit to run this club is the complete and utter lack of planning and oversight. We knew since MARCH at the latest we would be staying up, so we needed to be planning right from the outset, get shortlists drawn up, contracts tied down. Did we do that? No of course we didn't, and in the meantime teams such as Bournemouth, Forest, Burnley etc who only knew around May/June they were going to be in the Premier League this season have not only kept most of their best players but have signed new ones MONTHS before us.

It is completely inexcusable that we are in this position, and I will leave you with this excellent thread from Mike G. which sums it all up: https://x.com/1966mjg/status/1694789719542907214?s=46

Bal_13

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 31, 2023, 07:02:47 PMMany reputable ITK's were saying months ago that they wanted to sell, were in talks to sell but it fell through and all sorts. The selling of Mitro and Joao cement the feeling to me that they still do want out. Whether its because Shahid is getting pissed off with FFP as reported before or whatever, i for one do not want them to go.

However, what could actually be done as a club for us to move forward?. We will always be a feeder club to others unless we cement ourselves as a top 6 team.

Realistically i think if the khans sell we will be f'd. Its EXTREMELY rare for clubs to actually have good owners who don't strip them of all assets and plunge them into ungodly amounts of debt.

I fear for our future, sadly.

Could you give any sources for the ITKs who suggest the Khans will sell?

If not I'll have to go off the fact they've put millions into the club, rebuilt and expanded the riverside in an attempt to secure long term revenue, and generally always financially backed us.

If anything we're always flirting with the upper bounds of FFP because the ownership keep spending.

They've never given an indication they're anything other than committed. Speaking to mates who support a range of EFL clubs we're bloody lucky with our ownership

Sting of the North

So, in short mr Ultra, this was in fact just your guesses and you actually don't know what they do, how they run the business or what kind of accountability there is? Or did I miss something factual?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 01, 2023, 12:37:26 AMSo, in short mr Ultra, this was in fact just your guesses and you actually don't know what they do, how they run the business or what kind of accountability there is? Or did I miss something factual?
Shahid Khan is chairman and owner. Tony Khan is Director of Football. Alistair Mackintosh is Chief Executive Officer. Which part of that is not clear to you?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on September 01, 2023, 12:54:20 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 01, 2023, 12:37:26 AMSo, in short mr Ultra, this was in fact just your guesses and you actually don't know what they do, how they run the business or what kind of accountability there is? Or did I miss something factual?
Shahid Khan is chairman and owner. Tony Khan is Director of Football. Alistair Mackintosh is Chief Executive Officer. Which part of that is not clear to you?

That is very clear. And has nothing to do with any of the previous posts. You still don't seem to have any actual information on how their planning and work has been conducted, but yet you pretend that you do. A bit weird, if you ask me.

The Rational Fan

Tony Khan rejected offers of £40m for a 28 year old Mitro and £55m for a 28 year old Pahlinha; which indicates to me the Khans aren't desperate for £95m money and/or trying to cash in. Tony Khan has accepted a bigger offer than £45m for Mitro and if Bayern increases their price then he will accept a bigger offer than £55m for Pahlinha. Nothing about this indicates he wants to 'Sell the Club', it only means he doesn't think these 28 year old players are worth that much.

Most likely selling these players; indicates he thinks the £100m can be better spent on i) more than two players, ii) younger players with longer contracts, iii) younger players that will be peaking in a few years as other players age; iv) players who want to be at the club, and v) players that don't want to be  sold off.

Have patience and wait until the deadline day window is closed; before concluding that we haven't got the Premier League squad required for this season. We will have a clearer idea of Tony Khan's plan after the deadline passes, my guess is he'll be aiming to have a more balanced team with more depth.

perry geyton

Quote from: Cumbrian White on August 31, 2023, 07:22:22 PMWe have 2 outstanding players, one went for money, nothing Khan's can do about that, the other, probably one of the nest players in his position in the world and a genuine CL finalist wants him.

Not a lot Khan's can DD about that.

Unless you're top of the tree, which we're not, other clubs will always cherry pick the best talent.

Khan's job is to now get the best deal possible.

The money will be reinvested and we go again.

That's not to say they're not looking to sell but the sale of these two players are not an indication of it, probably the opposite, if you're selling you'd want to sell with assets on the books.
Exactly
We will always lose our best players not being a super power
The mere suggestion that Mitro and Joa leaving means that they've lost interest is absurd and utter bollocks.

Mitro offered 400 K a week ? how the hell is that their fault  and Joa going to a champions league team in the peak of his career, he's too good for Fulham sadly

Completely out of their hands, pure insanity and naïveté to suggest otherwise...

demeant0r

Quote from: perry geyton on September 01, 2023, 06:05:41 AM
Quote from: Cumbrian White on August 31, 2023, 07:22:22 PMWe have 2 outstanding players, one went for money, nothing Khan's can do about that, the other, probably one of the nest players in his position in the world and a genuine CL finalist wants him.

Unless you're top of the tree, which we're not, other clubs will always cherry pick the best talent.

That's not to say they're not looking to sell but the sale of these two players are not an indication of it, probably the opposite, if you're selling you'd want to sell with assets on the books.
Exactly
The mere suggestion that Mitro and Joa leaving means that they've lost interest is absurd and utter bollocks.

Mitro offered 400 K a week ? how the hell is that their fault  and Joa going to a champions league team in the peak of his career, he's too good for Fulham sadly

ICompletely out of their hands and pure insanity and immature  to suggest otherwise...

Jaoa was already playing CL football before joining Fulham so I don't buy this leaving to play CL football excuse. If he cared about CL, he wouldn't have come here.

Cobh Fulham Fan

It must be true, as I watched a documentary last night and it said the Khans were responsible for Climate Change.

Tabby

Quote from: demeant0r on September 01, 2023, 06:37:50 AM

Exactly

ICompletely out of their hands and pure insanity and immature  to suggest otherwise...

Jaoa was already playing CL football before joining Fulham so I don't buy this leaving to play CL football excuse. If he cared about CL, he wouldn't have come here.

Bit of a difference playing for a CL contender and a team that often doesn't even make group stages.

Snibbo

Football clubs, at least Premier League ones will increase in value over the next 5 years. It's ridiculous to suggest the Khans would sell now. It's much more sensible for them to keep building the team, and the ground and to increase the clubs value and if they ever do want to sell, sell in 5 or 10 years time. Personally. I think they're in it for the long haul, and we're lucky to have them. Be careful what you wish for

Woolly Mammoth

I am trying to make my mind up whether it is worth me getting out of bed today. 🦣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 01, 2023, 01:43:21 AMTony Khan rejected offers of £40m for a 28 year old Mitro and £55m for a 28 year old Pahlinha; which indicates to me the Khans aren't desperate for £95m money and/or trying to cash in. Tony Khan has accepted a bigger offer than £45m for Mitro and if Bayern increases their price then he will accept a bigger offer than £55m for Pahlinha. Nothing about this indicates he wants to 'Sell the Club', it only means he doesn't think these 28 year old players are worth that much.

Most likely selling these players; indicates he thinks the £100m can be better spent on i) more than two players, ii) younger players with longer contracts, iii) younger players that will be peaking in a few years as other players age; iv) players who want to be at the club, and v) players that don't want to be  sold off.

Have patience and wait until the deadline day window is closed; before concluding that we haven't got the Premier League squad required for this season. We will have a clearer idea of Tony Khan's plan after the deadline passes, my guess is he'll be aiming to have a more balanced team with more depth.

Wise words although I'm intrigued you think TK has a plan. There has been little evidence of one to date but as you imply time will tell

Woolly Mammoth

I do not think i want to get out of bed today.  🦣

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

This transfer rubbish has gone on far too long and feels like forever. I hope everyone who slags off other people comes on here tomorrow and apologies

bill taylors apprentice

So much rubbish written about this subject but it is the internet so what else do we expect.

If the Khan's sell up there is more chance we get owners who will ruin the club than be "white knights" who take us to the promised land.

I have been unhappy with some of their actions but boy oh boy be careful what you wish for!

Woolly Mammoth

I have made my mind up, i am staying in bed all day today.  🦣

Never forget your Roots.

Brawn

Let's split out Shahid and Tony rather than accepting you can't have one without the other.

Shahid clearly feels he needs a DoF after the Felix Magath disaster and so he's given us first Mike Rigg then his own son. They clearly haven't done a good job, Tony in particular is lastminute.com and has signed more than his fair share of duds (Yohan Mollo, anyone?).

So I would imagine Shahid could quietly brush Tony aside and bring in an experienced DoF. Who, I don't know. But Marco himself once did that job so I would personally promote him to Manager rather than Head Coach.

perry geyton

Quote from: Tabby on September 01, 2023, 07:02:15 AM
Quote from: demeant0r on September 01, 2023, 06:37:50 AM

Exactly

Bit of a difference playing for a CL contender and a team that often doesn't even make group stages.
A serious contender