watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz

Started by perry geyton, October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2023, 09:39:27 PMMuniz, Vinnie and Jiminez, three good strikers who can do a job and should be well supported by us fans, Regret to say that none of them are going to set us on fire and are unlikely to score 10 goals over the season.
I would of course love to be proved wrong.
Is that 10 goals each or 10 between them?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: davew on October 08, 2023, 06:56:44 AM
Quote from: filham on October 07, 2023, 09:39:27 PMMuniz, Vinnie and Jiminez, three good strikers who can do a job and should be well supported by us fans, Regret to say that none of them are going to set us on fire and are unlikely to score 10 goals over the season.
They could get 10 among the three of them ,that would be expected but we need a striker that is going to get at least 10 individual goals over a season.

St Eve

Quote from: filham on October 08, 2023, 10:22:07 AM
Quote from: davew on October 08, 2023, 06:56:44 AM
They could get 10 among the three of them ,that would be expected but we need a striker that is going to get at least 10 individual goals over a season.
Isn't the end result the same?

Thailand Mick

I would suggest we need to be scoring around fifty goals so we would want at least 30-35 goals from our front four. Last season we scored 42 between our front four positions between 9 players and we scored 10 from 4 defenders + Palhinha and Reed giving us a total of 52.

Ara's bacon crisps

Those of us fortunate enough to see him live at Stoke a couple of seasons ago in full beast mode cling to the hope that wasn't a one-off and we might just see it again.

Marco wanted him and clearly believes in him, so let's hope he can unlock the potential and then he could turn out to be the best of the three.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on October 08, 2023, 02:04:47 PMThose of us fortunate enough to see him live at Stoke a couple of seasons ago in full beast mode cling to the hope that wasn't a one-off and we might just see it again.

Marco wanted him and clearly believes in him, so let's hope he can unlock the potential and then he could turn out to be the best of the three.

I think we are letting what happened last season at a different club color our opinion of him. What we saw of him in our Championship season was a raw striker with a great deal of potential.

My opinion is given Raul's minutes this season, he would have a couple goals by now. That is not the same as saying he is a Premier League striker at this point. He seems to have gotten bigger since his season with the club though. I imagine he would be a headache in the air this season for defenders at a minimum. Will come in useful at some point. I hope he gets the start at Ipswich.

S.F.Sorrow

Anyone who questions his technical ability should watch the youtube clips from his time at Flamengo. Of course he was given a lot more time and space in that league than he will ever get in the Premier League but there is definitely some unlocked potential. I have not given up on him yet. Considering the current form of our other strikers I think he should be given a chance in the starting 11.

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on October 08, 2023, 12:44:17 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PMCould he be our answer up front

I thought he was excellent today when he came on

Been saying it for a while Piri, his style of play is the closest we have to the way mitro plays
Stop brown nosing me Bongo

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on October 08, 2023, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PMCould he be our answer up front

Been saying it for a while Piri, his style of play is the closest we have to the way mitro plays

blingo

Quote from: blingo on October 08, 2023, 10:52:53 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 08, 2023, 08:31:19 PM

You've got more chance of platting snot Piri

hovewhite

Not surprised we didn't sign one as even a good one to come in no guarantee that it won't take a few months to adjust.
We have replace 15 goals,a bigger problem replacing a major presence up front is the problem.