Started by perry geyton, October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Could he be our answer up front

I thought he was excellent today when he came on

One Martin Thomas

Agreed !! Vini wasn't bad either

Lighthouse

I mentioned before that he does look the more dangerous of our strikers. Not the most skilful but the most direst. I know that non of the others are looking great so it could be just wishful thinking.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JimOG

Quote from: perry geyton on October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PMCould he be our answer up front

He's also shown he can head the ball...two great efforts this season with a surprising leap in him as well

McBrideOfFrankenstein

He was good. But thought he had an opportunity to hit a chance first time late on.

Drewry66

Really not sure how much technical ability he has but does put himself about. Vini did however do well today. Was dropping deep and linking up and hold up play and laying off led to at least three good chances one of which led to BDRs goal and he does score here and there. Also runs in behind. Crazy situation however. If you had told me end of last season that we would be debating who should be starting out of Vini and Muniz for our best option up top I would have laughed my arse off said you were insane. Yet here we are.

Very difficult as crazy how few decent strikers are out there. Even top teams can't find them as the quality up there is so much poorer than 20 years ago. I'd give anything for a Zamora, Johnson or ageing Cole or Berbatov but I reckon Tottenham or Chelsea would as well. None of the options over summer looked very good. Note Beto at 25 million still hasn't scored a league goal. Let's pray Vini, Muniz and RJ can at least contribute this season until we somehow find/sign a proper replacement.

hovewhite

Easy to look good against Raul and vini.

malcbridger

Guirassy please, come January, 20 million euro release clause, get on it Fulham.

KentFulham

For a bit of grounding, 3 strikers, 8 games and 1 goals. BDR is our top PL scorer, maybe he should go up top

Drewry66

Quote from: malcbridger on October 07, 2023, 06:27:57 PMGuirassy please, come January, 20 million euro release clause, get on it Fulham.

On fire this season indeed. Reports he turned us down but I believe he also said don't believe everything you read so who knows. Looking at his record nothing special before this season but having said that watching the clips defo looks like he has a lot about him. I'd definitely be taking a punt at £20 million based on this year if he'd come. With so few good strikers out there however watch him go spurs. Just hate Mitro so much right now. I was of the opinion we shouldn't sell him no matter what as irreplaceable which looks true at this point but having said that sounds like he was being such a dick no option. Would love to try and get Guirassy and hope he can do it in the prem if we can somehow convince him.

Colton F.C.

In the barren post-metro landscape people are being very kind to our goal-shy trio .  But hey-Ho the jury are still out.

MikeTheCubed

Thought it was harsh to see him written-off by some given that he is still 22 and has had to acclimatise to playing in a different continent.

alfie

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on October 07, 2023, 07:55:00 PMThought it was harsh to see him written-off by some given that he is still 22 and has had to acclimatise to playing in a different continent.
And he wore out the bench at Boro
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Thames Bank 1

He could come good, the problem on here is people are always quick to criticise

JimmyConway

He is nowhere good enough at this level. Neither is Vinicius. How often can you say we've got two Brazilian centre forwards who are not all that!

Whitestone

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on October 07, 2023, 08:38:33 PMHe could come good, the problem on here is people are always quick to criticise

This is a football forum. You call it criticism but it's just opinion. Doesn't make it right. Of course he could come good but people are voting on what they've seen so far which IMO is a player who gives his all but is lacking.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: perry geyton on October 07, 2023, 05:30:14 PMCould he be our answer up front

Muniz is quality, he will go a very long way

filham

Muniz, Vinnie and Jiminez, three good strikers who can do a job and should be well supported by us fans, Regret to say that none of them are going to set us on fire and are unlikely to score 10 goals over the season.
I would of course love to be proved wrong.

..FOF..

Vini showed today that he can hold the ball well and is a good team player, adding creativity too.

So, not a goal machine but I'll take that combination of attributes for now.

blingo

Been saying it for a while Piri, his style of play is the closest we have to the way mitro plays