https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Striker

Started by Peabody, October 24, 2023, 07:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

How about Jack Clark from Sunderland, scored against us last season

RAY Rock ????

He is not a striker he is a winger but  There is something definitely in Jack Clarke he was a good youngster went to spurs never got a game and was loaned around a few clubs but has found a home at Sunderland and has recaptured his form from young I wouldn't be against signing him he reminds me of Kane as a youngster being farmed out to loads of different clubs until a manager shows faith and gives the player a chance . Not sure he will be on Siva's radar though.

General

We have to bring in someone who has undoubted quality in Europe and ideally the premiership.

Jack Clarke is unproven and a risk in the same way vini, jimenez are.

We need a bonafide striker we can start relying on.

It was a mistake to sell mitro, deeply difficult to replace for a club like ours.

January will be extremely important.

Whitestone

Quote from: General on October 24, 2023, 09:13:47 PMWe have to bring in someone who has undoubted quality in Europe and ideally the premiership.

It was a mistake to sell mitro, deeply difficult to replace for a club like ours.

The mistake was not replacing him.

General

Quote from: Whitestone on October 24, 2023, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: General on October 24, 2023, 09:13:47 PMWe have to bring in someone who has undoubted quality in Europe and ideally the premiership.

That wasn't the mistake, they brought in Jiminez as a possible replacement as well as traore to sure things up. One is a sick note currently and the other is showing promise but is struggling to find the back of the net.

It was a mistake letting Mitro go, because getting a striker of that quality is particularly hard to find, especially for a club our size.

Brentford found Toney, villa got Watkins..but aside from those two it's hard.. hence why ge got the plaudits he did.

Slaphead in Qatar

He wanted to go - we couldn't force him to stay.

jayffc

Looks Like Gift Orbans valuation might be significantly lower than previous this January. Could be worth a punt, struggling for form so far this year. If he could be picked up for 15m-20 wouldn't mind bringing him in and moving on Muniz permanently or on loan if he's not getting game time.

Meanwhile Guerrasy continues to score in the Bundesliga and will surely be out of reach if we went back with another offer.

General

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 24, 2023, 10:30:59 PMHe wanted to go - we couldn't force him to stay.

I mean, Palhinha is a prime example and recent one of how that just isn't true.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: General on October 24, 2023, 09:36:08 PM

That wasn't the mistake, they brought in Jiminez as a possible replacement as well as traore to sure things up. One is a sick note currently and the other is showing promise but is struggling to find the back of the net.

It was a mistake letting Mitro go, because getting a striker of that quality is particularly hard to find, especially for a club our size.

Brentford found Toney, villa got Watkins..but aside from those two it's hard.. hence why ge got the plaudits he did.
And I believe we looked at signing both Watkins(Exeter)and Toney(Peterborough) and never took the chance where as Brentford did.

Whitestone

I'm not so certain that Jiminez was brought in as a possible  Mitro replacement. I think the club were planning to go with  Mitro and  Jiminez. Vinicius and Muniz were both linked to other clubs in the window. Unfortunately the best laid plans don't always pan out the way you want.

MickTheBeard

The problem is more than a striker as a team with a forward missing or injured our team don't score enough,if you look at Everton once silva left  without their no9 who is always injured they as a team they don't score enough,I believe the team formation needs adjusting

Shredhead

Can't Marco buy use his influence to buy someone from Portugal? Hernandez has scored 7.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Lordedmundo

Quote from: jayffc on October 24, 2023, 10:40:45 PMLooks Like Gift Orbans valuation might be significantly lower than previous this January. Could be worth a punt, struggling for form so far this year. If he could be picked up for 15m-20 wouldn't mind bringing him in and moving on Muniz permanently or on loan if he's not getting game time.

Meanwhile Guerrasy continues to score in the Bundesliga and will surely be out of reach if we went back with another offer.

Of all the strikers we have been linked with - Gift Orban looks by far the best when you watch his YouTube goals/highlights.  His goals to games ratio is great as well when you look at his stats, even though his form seems to have has dropped off a bit recently. Different type of player to Mitro - but if he scores goals, who cares!

The fact that we already have three Nigerian's in the squad would also help persuade him to join us you would imagine...

Agreed on Guirassy.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MickTheBeard on October 25, 2023, 07:43:19 AMThe problem is more than a striker as a team with a forward missing or injured our team don't score enough,if you look at Everton once silva left  without their no9 who is always injured they as a team they don't score enough,I believe the team formation needs adjusting

What formation would you suggest? If it's 4-4-2 that's not going to work as we'd be far too open defensively.

hovewhite

January window trying to sign a striker I'm not holding my breath.

ffc73

January strikers, a Mitrovic rather than a Mitroglou please...

Cambridge Away

Quote from: ffc73 on October 25, 2023, 12:55:32 PMJanuary strikers, a Mitrovic rather than a Mitroglou please...
Mitroglou was quality. Just never fit for us. But yeah, we need a striker that can hit the ground running. Other than Mitrog, Mitrov and McCormack the Khan's have really scrimped on strikers in their tenure. It's like they had the PTSD of an Al-Fayed-Marlet, without the Al-Fayed-Marlet. If that makes sense  ::smile::

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2023, 07:25:27 AM

I'm not so certain that Jiminez was brought in as a possible  Mitro replacement. I think the club were planning to go with  Mitro and  Jiminez. Vinicius and Muniz were both linked to other clubs in the window. Unfortunately the best laid plans don't always pan out the way you want.
The number 9 shirt has not been allocated yet.
Hopefully that tells us something.
Would need to move one on if a central striker does come in

filham

It has now been said hundreds of times on this board, we need to replace Mitro, we have already tried but failed dismally with Muniz , Vinnie and Jiminez. What do we do next, prepare to pay more, say £60m or so, that makes it a bigger gamble and there is the question of whether the player wants a move to the the Cottage and if his club is prepared to release him.

A strike hitting 15 goals a season in the premier league is likely to be happy where he is and only attracted to move for a big offer from a top six club.

We have a huge problem and TK has to be careful not to let more money find its way down the transfer drain.

alfie

Money down the drain is always a risk, you get a layer in but until they actually play you don't know how they will perform, that's why loans are good as you can get rid of them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't