more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Striker

Started by Peabody, October 24, 2023, 07:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobh Fulham Fan

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 27, 2023, 07:26:54 AM
Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on October 27, 2023, 07:16:54 AMThere are three repeated themes coming through on this Striker thread.  One - seems to be suggest we could maybe pick up a half decent but average striker (many names suggested) who Silva could use his magic on and make great. Well, if thats the case why hasn't that magic worked on the three current strikers we have?

Two - there seems to be a divide in views between what we can and should spend on a good replacement to come somewhere near matching Mitro's goal scoring numbers. Some suggesting it might be too risky spending big money (Mitro money) if that new striker didn't work out. But surely the bigger question should be, can we afford not to spend £40million or £50 million on such a replacement?  we already tried the cheap band aid solution that has us where we are now.

three - Mitro, Mitro, Mitro, people just simply cant let him go on here.  Lets not forgot Mitro was absent for more than eight games last season and we still motored on and won games without him - probably because everyone else was on song and their heads were in a good team spirit place. Our problem now, is because we are still in need of a striker, we are left with the yard-stick of Mitro to compare and measure the quality of others in the market.  But has anyone considered yet that there is no other Mitros out there and as soon as we stop thinking Mitro and settle for second best, maybe then we can get our season back on track. Spend £40 million on the best thats available and if he can score only half the goals that Mitro had, then we'll still have a top half finish this season.

We really need to release the ghost of Mitro past from these pages!

An alternative solution is improve with the budget we have i) the defence so we need to score less goals, ii) improve the players around the centre forward to score more goals and iii) improve the service to the centre forward to provide more chances which will lead to more goals.

Thats certainly a good option also!

filham

Quote from: alfie on October 25, 2023, 05:02:06 PMMoney down the drain is always a risk, you get a layer in but until they actually play you don't know how they will perform, that's why loans are good as you can get rid of them.
Correct but where is the top striker sitting idle ready to come on loan to the Cottage, only at one of the big six clubs I imagine.

alfie

Quote from: filham on October 27, 2023, 10:52:40 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 25, 2023, 05:02:06 PMMoney down the drain is always a risk, you get a layer in but until they actually play you don't know how they will perform, that's why loans are good as you can get rid of them.
Correct but where is the top striker sitting idle ready to come on loan to the Cottage, only at one of the big six clubs I imagine.
Don't know, just saying.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lordedmundo

Quote from: alfie on October 27, 2023, 12:14:57 PM
Quote from: filham on October 27, 2023, 10:52:40 AM
Don't know, just saying.

On a recent Fulhamish Jack and Joe show, they suggested Broja from Chelsea or Nketiah from Arsenal on loan. Not beyond the realms of possibility - especially if Toney joins one of them when the window opens...

WindyCity

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on October 27, 2023, 07:16:54 AMthree - Mitro, Mitro, Mitro, people just simply cant let him go on here.  Lets not forgot Mitro was absent for more than eight games last season and we still motored on and won games without him - probably because everyone else was on song and their heads were in a good team spirit place. Our problem now, is because we are still in need of a striker, we are left with the yard-stick of Mitro to compare and measure the quality of others in the market.  But has anyone considered yet that there is no other Mitros out there and as soon as we stop thinking Mitro and settle for second best, maybe then we can get our season back on track. Spend £40 million on the best thats available and if he can score only half the goals that Mitro had, then we'll still have a top half finish this season. We really need to release the ghost of Mitro past from these pages!

Thank you good sir for pointing this out.  Way too much hand wringing over the Metro departure.  And yes, this club still won games/points without his services for quite a few games last season.  Sure, a quality striker would be nice, but maybe another attacking forward/winger with goal scoring history/capability might be worth picking up?

vancouver

Top Scorer has 2 after 10 games. Already having an injury crisis on the backline with our youngest CB Tosin leaving on a free, with zero depth. We have Silva signed now we need to give him a budget.

hovewhite

NOTE TO TK
Nobody can guarantee how a striker is going to perform for his new side,all you can do is get one in who is in hot form for his present team whilst also has a goal scoring history of the last couple of seasons.
So whoever comes in it needs him to be properly
Scouted and watched in person like (hate to say this)they did traditionally whilst also checking his ambitions,character,team attitude
All this type of stuff which can't be done with a computer.

Thailand Mick

I only managed to watch the first 30 minutes of yesterdays game before the stream failed and I couldn't get it back ,I was shocked at how bad we were and if people think signing one striker will solve our problem then I cannot see it. we have been found out and most teams now know how to play against us, we have tried all different personnel in the same formation and we still have the same problems. We are making it too easy for the opposition, we need to give them something different to think about. From what I saw of those thirty minutes a non league side would have posed more problems to Brighton than us.

Roberty

Quote from: hovewhite on October 30, 2023, 05:48:12 AMNOTE TO TK
Nobody can guarantee how a striker is going to perform for his new side,all you can do is get one in who is in hot form for his present team whilst also has a goal scoring history of the last couple of seasons.
So whoever comes in it needs him to be properly
Scouted and watched in person like (hate to say this)they did traditionally whilst also checking his ambitions,character,team attitude
All this type of stuff which can't be done with a computer.
As far as I am aware, that is how we do it - but TK takes no part in the process - he signs the cheques, takes a bow and says come on you whites at the end

All clubs use stats and a lot use his companies software, in soccer and other sports.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fatboy13

Alejo Véliz From spurs on loan could be an option he's only 20 lots of potential.
Very quick player who likes to attack with the ball at his feet very different to our current options.

Like we've all said it's so difficult to get a striker who's in form and is happy to join in January.

IloveFFC

jayffc

Quote from: IloveFFC on November 01, 2023, 09:40:15 AM

Highly touted by the likes of barca real and spurs

Would be Suprised, hot striking prospects from the dutch league havent always translated across but would be interesting to see if it went down

river phoenix

Quote from: fatboy13 on October 30, 2023, 07:29:34 AMAlejo Véliz From spurs on loan could be an option he's only 20 lots of potential.
Very quick player who likes to attack with the ball at his feet very different to our current options.

Like we've all said it's so difficult to get a striker who's in form and is happy to join in January.

Veliz? Why simple dont give a chance to Muniz and Stansfield instead of developing Spurs player?