News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we gonna be in a relegation battle this season ?

Started by perry geyton, November 09, 2023, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

We just need to make sure we take points of teams around and below us even without a proper striker I think we will and finish 14th or 15 th in the league I think.

demeant0r

Quote from: hovewhite on December 03, 2023, 09:33:11 AMWe just need to make sure we take points of teams around and below us even without a proper striker I think we will and finish 14th or 15 th in the league I think.

Finishing anywhere above 12th is surely a massive win what without a proper striker for half a season.

filham

No way should we concentrate on the Forrest match and just lay down and surrender at Anfield this afternoon. However the important match for us is the Forrest game and we really need those points, so if choices have to be made today's game takes 2nd place.
For instance if it is recognised that Cairney would not be fit to play 90 minutes on Wednesday after a full match against Liverpool today then he stays at home and relaxes today.

I will be satisfied with a good performance and a close defeat today and over the proverbial moon if we could pick up a point. All that matters on Wednesday is getting those 3 points.

SP

Discounting Everton who should do enough, it's looking very much like four clubs will fight it out at the bottom.

hovewhite

Nights like last night help to make all the bed wetters feel less damp.

blingo

Incontinence pants do the same thing Mr hove  ::thumb::

filham

Quote from: filham on November 09, 2023, 09:07:31 PMUnless we increase our goal scoring rate a definite yes.
Well 11 goals in the last three games is a great response , right now the "R"word should not appear on this board.

Lordedmundo

The answer to the question was always no! However, rather than points totals - perhaps we can start to think about where we are capable of finishing this season. I don't any reason why we can't aim to finish above West Ham, Brentford and Chelsea for starters. If we can get through the loss of players to the AFCON early next year (and not lose Palhinha), we could even challenge Brighton for 8th place... 

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Lordedmundo on December 07, 2023, 10:53:42 AMThe answer to the question was always no! However, rather than points totals - perhaps we can start to think about where we are capable of finishing this season. I don't any reason why we can't aim to finish above West Ham, Brentford and Chelsea for starters. If we can get through the loss of players to the AFCON early next year (and not lose Palhinha), we could even challenge Brighton for 8th place... 

Why stop there, we could win it!

FFC1987

Yep, never thought we were seriously in a fight for bottom 3, but do think we'll still be around the 13-16 mark which, all things considered, would still be an encouraging season with likely, a lot of important investment to come.