https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 27, 2023, 09:38:26 AM
Quote from: jayffc on November 27, 2023, 09:25:44 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on November 27, 2023, 01:28:59 AMhttps://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-linked-with-akpom-loan/

Fulham are one of six Premier League sides interested in taking Ajax striker Chuba Akpom on loan in January, according to Teamtalk.

The Whites are desperate to strengthen their striking options having struggled to score goals since selling Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Arabia in August and previous target Akpom is open to returning to England only six months after leaving Middlesbrough having been voted the Championship's player of the year.

The former Arsenal striker has only started a single league game during the Dutch giants dreadful start to the current campaign but despite being a back-up forward has netted five times in thirteen appearances. Ajax are reportedly open to offering their striker more regular first-team football via a loan switch back to England and Fulham, who have monitored the 28 year-old attacker closely over the past few years, would need to do battle with several top flight rivals to secure his services.

Teamtalk names Crystal Palace, Burnley, Everton, Luton Town and Sheffield United as potential suitors for the Newham-born forward. Akpom, who scored 29 goals in 42 appearances last term for Middlesbrough, is in the early stages of a five-year contract with Ajax.

Oh dear. Not at all sold on this one Im afraid, Not getting into a struggling Ajax team. hmmm

Has still scored 5 in 9 in a struggling team. On loan if one of TWO signings (Vini out and maybe Muniz back on loan) then Id consider it but not as our focal point.

True that hes had a better run recently.
Just not convinced he's the guy. I'm not interested in backup options currently -between Muniz, Jiminez and Carlos one of those will be OK. First and foremost we need money spent on a starting striker, winger and DM (potentially 2)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: jayffc on November 27, 2023, 10:10:42 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on November 27, 2023, 01:28:59 AMhttps://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-linked-with-akpom-loan/

Fulham are one of six Premier League sides interested in taking Ajax striker Chuba Akpom on loan in January, according to Teamtalk.

The Whites are desperate to strengthen their striking options having struggled to score goals since selling Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Arabia in August and previous target Akpom is open to returning to England only six months after leaving Middlesbrough having been voted the Championship's player of the year.

The former Arsenal striker has only started a single league game during the Dutch giants dreadful start to the current campaign but despite being a back-up forward has netted five times in thirteen appearances. Ajax are reportedly open to offering their striker more regular first-team football via a loan switch back to England and Fulham, who have monitored the 28 year-old attacker closely over the past few years, would need to do battle with several top flight rivals to secure his services.

Teamtalk names Crystal Palace, Burnley, Everton, Luton Town and Sheffield United as potential suitors for the Newham-born forward. Akpom, who scored 29 goals in 42 appearances last term for Middlesbrough, is in the early stages of a five-year contract with Ajax.

Oh dear. Not at all sold on this one Im afraid, Not getting into a struggling Ajax team. hmmm

Has still scored 5 in 9 in a struggling team. On loan if one of TWO signings (Vini out and maybe Muniz back on loan) then Id consider it but not as our focal point.

Just not convinced he's the guy. I'm not interested in backup options currently -between Muniz, Jiminez and Carlos one of those will be OK. First and foremost we need money spent on a starting striker, winger and DM (potentially 2)

I would be disappointed if he was our first choice.

hovewhite

Quote from: Willham on November 27, 2023, 02:19:18 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 26, 2023, 09:34:09 PMEven if we are in the qué for these players it's still a lottery,also if mitrovic is up for a loan I hate saying this he's done it for us.

I'd be well against this in personal feelings but even so, I feel the dent in imagine if doing so, plus giving some money back for a loan isn't ideal, overall even trying to put my feelings aside I don't think this should be considered, I understand where your coming from but feels all too wrong.
On a personal level I wouldn't be able to show any positive feelings for the man at all only my dislike.

Drewry66

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 27, 2023, 10:42:02 AM

Bit of a strange one this. Reaction on Twitter like here has generally been very negative. Conversely all Ajax fans seem to want to keep him on Twitter! I have never really watched him but for Ajax he has a goal every 50 mins of play so far this season. Everyone feels he's no better than what we have but he kept Muniz out of the Boro side last year and scored 29 goals (similar to Toney and Solanke). From the clips looks very big, good hold up play and surprisingly quick.

Genuinely interested then from folk who have watched him why no one fancies him? From research his record before last year does look pretty poor, he isn't young at 28 so perhaps that and it was of course only the championship?  Maybe just a late bloomer as did look good last year and record this year seems very good? Ajax fans seem to think he should be playing. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer to buy Giminez, Pavlidis or Guirassy but if not possible is this guy really not better than what we have for those that have watched a bit of him?

alfie

Let's remember under Parker Mitro couldn't get into the team.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jayffc

Quote from: Drewry66 on November 27, 2023, 12:45:11 PM

Bit of a strange one this. Reaction on Twitter like here has generally been very negative. Conversely all Ajax fans seem to want to keep him on Twitter! I have never really watched him but for Ajax he has a goal every 50 mins of play so far this season. Everyone feels he's no better than what we have but he kept Muniz out of the Boro side last year and scored 29 goals (similar to Toney and Solanke). From the clips looks very big, good hold up play and surprisingly quick.

Genuinely interested then from folk who have watched him why no one fancies him? From research his record before last year does look pretty poor, he isn't young at 28 so perhaps that and it was of course only the championship?  Maybe just a late bloomer as did look good last year and record this year seems very good? Ajax fans seem to think he should be playing. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer to buy Giminez, Pavlidis or Guirassy but if not possible is this guy really not better than what we have for those that have watched a bit of him?

I think for most it's thats he's never done it consistently anywhere outside of the championship for 1 season.
15 European games and 1 goal. Having a nice run of form at Ajax currently but at 28 not alot of upside. Big risk to put in as our main striker target.

Sure if it's not possible to get a striker better on paper...then by all means we'll be forced to take a punt on someone like this but I'd hope there were a number ahead of him in line personally.

He's been good the last season and a half but not sure that would translate in the premier league personally. When I've seen him play I've not really been blown away, albeit I didn't watch much of him last year as we were back in the prem

Drewry66

Quote from: jayffc on November 27, 2023, 01:11:58 PM
Quote from: Drewry66 on November 27, 2023, 12:45:11 PM

I think for most it's thats he's never done it consistently anywhere outside of the championship for 1 season.
15 European games and 1 goal. Having a nice run of form at Ajax currently but at 28 not alot of upside. Big risk to put in as our main striker target.

Sure if it's not possible to get a striker better on paper...then by all means we'll be forced to take a punt on someone like this but I'd hope there were a number ahead of him in line personally.

He's been good the last season and a half but not sure that would translate in the premier league personally. When I've seen him play I've not really been blown away, albeit I didn't watch much of him last year as we were back in the prem

Interesting so ta mate. Yeah record before looks poor. Pretty low risk as a loan to get us through to summer but hopefully he's just a last resort if no one will sell in Jan.

RAY Rock ????

howitis

Quote from: jayffc on November 26, 2023, 04:39:21 PM
Quote from: Deuce on November 26, 2023, 04:28:42 PMAccording to the Evening Standard we are interested in Wolfsburg striker Jonas Wind, currently 3rd or 4th top scorer in the league

Another one who's highlights don't really blow me away. anyone watch this guy more closely have any thoughts?

Think he would be a useful addition and is better then what we have but is not an out and out scorer like mitro. Great build up play, very intelligent footballer. Would like to see him in a white shirt alongside a nippy poacher or 2 electrifyingly quick wingers.

Barrett487

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-audacious-chelsea-raid-silva-decides-key-target-west-ham-move-jeopardy

Fulham are reportedly planning an ambitious January swoop for Chelsea striker Armando Broja, in a move which would see West Ham United miss out.

Broja is a product of the Chelsea academy who made his senior debut for the Blues in March 2020. In August 2021, he was loaned out to former Premier League side Southampton in order to gain more first-team experience.

Broja made a good impression at St Mary's, leading Southampton's forward line for much of the campaign and notching nine goals in 38 appearances.

The 22-year-old was hoping to make his mark when returning to Chelsea the following season, but he sadly suffered an ACL injury in December last year and missed the remainder of the campaign.

Broja is now back in action and has made six appearances this term, registering one goal and one assist. Mauricio Pochettino rates him highly, and the Albania international will be hoping to usurp Nicolas Jackson by getting into the Chelsea starting lineup.

Although, Broja may soon have a new obstacle for playing time, as Chelsea are prioritising the capture of Napoli centre-forward Victor Osimhen in January.

Barrett487

https://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-attacker-given-green-light-transfer-staff-believe-hes-leaving-whites/

Fulham attacker has given 'green light' for transfer – Staff believe he's leaving Whites

As Palmeiras engaged in a chase for Fulham striker Carlos Vinícius, Brazilian outlet UOL now features an interesting update on this pursuit.

The website writes that the Verdão got in touch with the striker's staff, and the player has given the 'green light' for a return to his country.

Palmeiras are still to send Fulham an official offer, and the negotiations are set to start after the end of the Brazilian league, which finishes next week.

It's made clear that there's some competition for the signing, though, as the striker is drawing interest from Spanish, Italian, Turkish, French and German clubs.

LC

What does everyone think of Kyogo Furuhashi? Scores plenty in Scotland and has also scored a few in the Europa League and CL as well.

He's not the tallest player but might be a good option if we brought a Mitrovic type player as well

ianthailand

Quote from: LC on November 28, 2023, 06:49:17 PMWhat does everyone think of Kyogo Furuhashi? Scores plenty in Scotland and has also scored a few in the Europa League and CL as well.

He's not the tallest player but might be a good option if we brought a Mitrovic type player as well
Good for Scrabble

filham

We are all expecting big things in the winter window that will instantly transform us from a team on the edge of the relegation zone to one comfortably in the top half of the table.
Unlikely to  happen, our top players have not been high profile big money buys but have quietly appeared from nowhere.
Just think
!vor
Brian McBride
Tim Ream
Palhinha
Willian (almost retired)
Tete

We have to find gems among the players that are not wanted by the big clubs and we strike lucky from time to time. The money we have in the transfer kitty is not going to talk for us, good scouting is the priority.

hovewhite

Akpom no more of a risk than any of the others also he's in scoring form and better than what we have so no more of a gamble in my view.Also a big thing he's knows the English game and has played against PL teams.

LC

Looks like PSG want to sell Hugo Ekitike. He would be a risk but I wonder if they would let him go on loan with an option to buy

WindyCity

Thought I read somewhere (BBC) that Chelsea will not entertain a FFC play for Broja.  Just reporting....

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2023, 10:19:58 AMWe are all expecting big things in the winter window that will instantly transform us from a team on the edge of the relegation zone to one comfortably in the top half of the table.
Unlikely to  happen, our top players have not been high profile big money buys but have quietly appeared from nowhere.
Just think
!vor
Brian McBride
Tim Ream
Palhinha
Willian (almost retired)
Tete

We have to find gems among the players that are not wanted by the big clubs and we strike lucky from time to time. The money we have in the transfer kitty is not going to talk for us, good scouting is the priority.

"edge of the relegation zone" - 10 points clear of it an closer to the top half.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: filham on November 29, 2023, 10:19:58 AMWe are all expecting big things in the winter window that will instantly transform us from a team on the edge of the relegation zone to one comfortably in the top half of the table.
Just think
!vor
Brian McBride
Tim Ream
Palhinha
Willian (almost retired)
Tete

I am not expecting that personally

Barrett487

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/fulham-nottingham-forest-keen-on-bolognas-lewis-ferguson_530144.html?t=123987456&s=zero

Fulham and Nottingham Forest are reportedly interested in signing Bologna midfielder Lewis Ferguson.
The 24-year-old has made a significant impression since joining the Italian club from Aberdeen in the summer of 2022.

Ferguson made 32 Serie A appearances during his first season in Italy, chipping in with seven goals to help his side achieve a top-half finish.

The Scotsman has continued to be a regular feature in Thiago Motta's side this season, having started all 13 league games, registering three goals and three assists.

Having made a name for himself with the Serie A side, Ferguson is now attracting interest from a number of clubs ahead of the January transfer window.

However, should either of the two clubs opt to pursue a move, they could face significant competition from Italian giants Juventus.

There is a belief that the record Serie A winners are leading the race to secure Ferguson's signature in the January window.