watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Players out this January, subject to recruitment, leaving Palhinha out of this for now (I live in hope!)
Depending on who comes in as a CF but the 3 CF's we have are not first choice material for different reasons.

Vinicius will always be well regarded simply for his winner against that team but he's almost 29 and never really established himself anywhere other than one good season for Benfica.
I believe he has the ability to be a decent finisher but will never get a run of games at FFC to allow him to possibly grow in confidence.
We can let him go.

Muniz at 22 has potential but really needs regular games and he probably won't get that with us (even when fit) a positive loan and reassess would be my choice.
Otherwise move on and good luck. (I believe Flamengo have 20% sell on)

As much as I want Jimenez to hit form (and score) I can't see it happening but if we move on the 2 above names he can see out the season for us as an experienced CF when needed.

If Benda is now fit and as good as we are led to believe it's time to let Rodak find a club where he can be first choice.

I have a sneaky feeling clubs will come in for Kenny Tete but I would hope to keep him at least until the summer.

Who Knows what Tosin's plans are?
Making an assumption, I think he's very open to a move, mainly for Euro football and to enhance his chances of international call up.

Can't see us letting anyone else go in this window.

Mullers OG

Might consider the position of Decordova Reid. He's a useful back up and squad player in a number of positions but to my mind not quite good enough in any one of them. 

Our squad is aging and we need younger legs. This may be the time to say goodbye and thank you to him, get whatever we can and reinvest in younger and better.

btffc

Quote from: Mullers OG on December 01, 2023, 02:14:20 PMMight consider the position of Decordova Reid. He's a useful back up and squad player in a number of positions but to my mind not quite good enough in any one of them. 

Our squad is aging and we need younger legs. This may be the time to say goodbye and thank you to him, get whatever we can and reinvest in younger and better.

Doubt we'd get much of anything for Bobby. He's nearly 31 and his contract expires at the end of the season. I agree he's fairly useful as someone who can fill many positions but also agree that we could definitely upgrade there as his multi positional skills are not nearly as necessary this year with a much deeper and well rounded squad.

Saw we have been linked with Samuel Illing-Junior from Juventus today so that may be an indication BDR's time is close to ending. Willian may also need replacing for next year so I expect some movement with wingers if not in January then definitely in the Summer.

Matt10

Now that Sevilla are out of the Champions League, we should go back in for Ocampos. He was a target we missed out on in the Summer. I think he would provide a bit more grit/teeth in various parts of the midfield. Sevilla supporters probably aren't happy with him either as he was red-carded in the loss to PSV that resulted in their exit.

FishaPrice

Quote from: Mullers OG on December 01, 2023, 02:14:20 PMMight consider the position of Decordova Reid. He's a useful back up and squad player in a number of positions but to my mind not quite good enough in any one of them. 

I reject the sentiment that we must clear out the veterans, considering that we don't have any youngsters knocking on the door. We are not spoiled with an abundance of premier league quality players. We should keep Bobby. He's incredibly versatile and works well in our set-up. He has the ability to hit the back of the net, which is very rare in our squad right now. Also, Marco trusts him. Unless we got a very good fee, why would we sell? This season, we need all hands on deck to stay in the prem.

Yamus

Brighton seem to get them perhaps they could find us a couple

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on December 01, 2023, 04:55:02 PMNow that Sevilla are out of the Champions League, we should go back in for Ocampos. He was a target we missed out on in the Summer. I think he would provide a bit more grit/teeth in various parts of the midfield. Sevilla supporters probably aren't happy with him either as he was red-carded in the loss to PSV that resulted in their exit.

Doesn't want to come here

Matt10

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 01, 2023, 07:24:08 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 01, 2023, 04:55:02 PMNow that Sevilla are out of the Champions League, we should go back in for Ocampos. He was a target we missed out on in the Summer. I think he would provide a bit more grit/teeth in various parts of the midfield. Sevilla supporters probably aren't happy with him either as he was red-carded in the loss to PSV that resulted in their exit.

Still worth a shot as that was discussed in the Summer under different scenarios (Champions League, La Liga standings, etc).

river phoenix

Well, he didnt want to come last summer when Sevilla was in Champions League, understandably so. Now when they are out of it and in relegation scrap in La Liga there is more chance he can change his mind about playing in Premiership.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: river phoenix on December 02, 2023, 08:01:58 AM

Well, he didnt want to come last summer when Sevilla was in Champions League, understandably so. Now when they are out of it and in relegation scrap in La Liga there is more chance he can change his mind about playing in Premiership.
Not seen anything on his highlights that would make me want to sign him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FishaPrice on December 01, 2023, 05:51:49 PM

I reject the sentiment that we must clear out the veterans, considering that we don't have any youngsters knocking on the door. We are not spoiled with an abundance of premier league quality players. We should keep Bobby. He's incredibly versatile and works well in our set-up. He has the ability to hit the back of the net, which is very rare in our squad right now. Also, Marco trusts him. Unless we got a very good fee, why would we sell? This season, we need all hands on deck to stay in the prem.

It's experience that keeps a club in the English Premier League, especially a club the size of Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

btffc

Not directly related to Fulham but Milan have already agreed to bring in a new LB in January which means FBT really has no place there. Should make it cheap and easy to get him on a permanent if we want and I would like to see us do so.

FishaPrice

Quote from: btffc on December 11, 2023, 07:30:21 PMNot directly related to Fulham but Milan have already agreed to bring in a new LB in January which means FBT really has no place there. Should make it cheap and easy to get him on a permanent if we want and I would like to see us do so.

I hope we snap him up. He looks like a good acquisition.

Deeping_white

Deeping_white

Deeping_white

btffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 11, 2023, 11:44:39 PM

That makes no sense unless we think someone is going to come in with a big bid for Robinson

ianthailand

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 11, 2023, 11:45:11 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on December 11, 2023, 11:45:11 PM
Would be good against Forest. We shout Timber and the Tricky Trees become the Trembling Trees.

river phoenix

Quote from: btffc on December 12, 2023, 01:24:47 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on December 11, 2023, 11:44:39 PM

That makes no sense unless we think someone is going to come in with a big bid for Robinson

Or maybe Ballo-Toure wants his loan to cut short because he wants first team football? In that case we need a new cover at LB.