watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer thread 2023/24

Started by jayffc, November 25, 2023, 11:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

So...With rumours starting to pop up left right and center is it time to open this thread up?

Who are the current targets so far?

ST:

Serhou Guirassey - linked last summer but on fire this year, looks like he'll be going somewhere bigger than us, Newcastle, Miland Spurs and West Ham all said to be interested. With such a release clause fee he'll have plenty of options to choose from.

Gift Orban - Apparently we're keen - very off form this year that makes me thing that makes him the most likely prospect for us. I think the guys very talented and just a bit off the boil currently - Typical of Fulham to sign good players when they've dipped in form so I suspect could be something to this.

Santiago Giminez - seems like another upcoming striker we're linked with, doing very well at Feyenoord this year.

Wingers:

Antonio Nusa - Would like this one to come off, tricky exciting pacey winger, can play both sides. Would likely have to overpay for him though. 30m is alot for an 18-year-old.

Cm:

Andre - Got everything crossed for this one, prayed we would get him in the summer but wasn't to be. Rumours of Ali Mac out in Brazil doing the negotiation. We can be hope

---

Any one else I'm missing?
What do we think we've got to spend, presumably around 100m?

Barrett487

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/24/fulham-want-33-goal-striker-as-well-as-andre-but-double-deal-will-cost-over-50m/

Andre Trindade is not the only Brazil international Fulham hope to sign in January with the Premier League outfit are lining up Flamengo striker Pedro.

Two-and-a-half years ago, Fulham snapped up a young Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo. As he, like Raul Jimenez and Carlos Vinicius, struggles to fill an Aleksandr Mitrovic-shaped void in Marco Silva's misfiring frontline, Fulham will be hoping that Pedro – should he follow in Muniz's footsteps – can make a far bigger impact in West London.

"Pedro has a contract until 2027. He recently received a pay rise, and has a release clause of 60 million euros. An offer of 20 million euros perhaps wouldn't be accepted."

jayffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 26, 2023, 12:35:29 AMhttps://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/24/fulham-want-33-goal-striker-as-well-as-andre-but-double-deal-will-cost-over-50m/

Andre Trindade is not the only Brazil international Fulham hope to sign in January with the Premier League outfit are lining up Flamengo striker Pedro.

Two-and-a-half years ago, Fulham snapped up a young Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo. As he, like Raul Jimenez and Carlos Vinicius, struggles to fill an Aleksandr Mitrovic-shaped void in Marco Silva's misfiring frontline, Fulham will be hoping that Pedro – should he follow in Muniz's footsteps – can make a far bigger impact in West London.

"Pedro has a contract until 2027. He recently received a pay rise, and has a release clause of 60 million euros. An offer of 20 million euros perhaps wouldn't be accepted."

Not sure about this one, gut feeling for some reason doesn't feel overly positive. Can't put my finger on it but I'm just not sure if he'd thrive in the premier league. Good record in Fluminese and if he joins of course I'd get behind him but, just not sure.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2023/08/01/flamengo-fire-fernandez-punches-pedro-refusing-warm/

Anyone know why he was refusing to warm up? Seems to have been struggling to get game time too this season. Their new manager favouring Gabidol even when hes been in poor form. Wonder whats gone on there

C Block

Haven't we had our fill of South American strikers ?
We've got three already and none of them look any good,
If we are in the bottom 3 on January 1st then I suggest we need someone who can hit the ground running and is very familiar with Premier League conditions or certainly European conditions.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: C Block on November 26, 2023, 02:39:16 AMHaven't we had our fill of South American strikers ?
If we are in the bottom 3 on January 1st then I suggest we need someone who can hit the ground running and is very familiar with Premier League conditions or certainly European conditions.

Average Players with Premier League experience are very expensive for what you get, and they are often in the downwards parts of their career.

Buying such players is a problem because a) it is still difficult to stay up with Average Players, b) it is hard to stay within FFP with too many of these players, and c) these players are often only good for a few seasons and we pay them for five season.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: C Block on November 26, 2023, 02:39:16 AMHaven't we had our fill of South American strikers ?

Dunno how good he is but we have three budget South Americans, doesn't compare to a premium South American.

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 26, 2023, 08:35:30 AM

Dunno how good he is but we have three budget South Americans, doesn't compare to a premium South American.

We have a few problems.

1.A proven premier league striker is going to cost big  money and demand outrageous wages, both likely to be outside our range.

2. The top premier league strikers will be looking for silverware and European football, neither likely to be obtained at the Cottage.

3.The big six clubs get first call on all players and will corner the market.

4. we have to take a risk and scour the overseas leagues in the hope that we can pick up a quality and hope they will adjust to the premier league.

5. Don't hope for too much ,our history shows that our best strikrs have not been big money buys.

hovewhite

Striker wise we need a step up of quality than the 3 we have.

Deuce

According to the Evening Standard we are interested in Wolfsburg striker Jonas Wind, currently 3rd or 4th top scorer in the league

jayffc

Quote from: Deuce on November 26, 2023, 04:28:42 PMAccording to the Evening Standard we are interested in Wolfsburg striker Jonas Wind, currently 3rd or 4th top scorer in the league

Another one who's highlights don't really blow me away. anyone watch this guy more closely have any thoughts?

Marcel_Gecov

Yes, lets paint all South Americans with the same brush. With such a large spanish speaking contingent in our squad it wouldnt be hugely difficult for them to acclimatise to the squad and alongside that... every signing is a risk it isnt just about their nationality.

Which player familar with prem league conditions is likely to be available? Danny Ings, by your logic, should have been a shoein success for West Ham but 2 goals in 26 suggest otherwise. 15m for him at 31 or 30m for an exciting talent from abroad. Easy one in my opinion. 

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: jayffc on November 26, 2023, 04:39:21 PM
Quote from: Deuce on November 26, 2023, 04:28:42 PMAccording to the Evening Standard we are interested in Wolfsburg striker Jonas Wind, currently 3rd or 4th top scorer in the league

Another one who's highlights don't really blow me away. anyone watch this guy more closely have any thoughts?

8 goals in 10 isnt a bad shout this season. I think my first choice is Santiago Gimenez with Wind and Orban second choices.

hovewhite

Even if we are in the qué for these players it's still a lottery,also if mitrovic is up for a loan I hate saying this he's done it for us.

Matt10

Quote from: jayffc on November 26, 2023, 12:48:12 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on November 26, 2023, 12:35:29 AMhttps://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/24/fulham-want-33-goal-striker-as-well-as-andre-but-double-deal-will-cost-over-50m/

Not sure about this one, gut feeling for some reason doesn't feel overly positive. Can't put my finger on it but I'm just not sure if he'd thrive in the premier league. Good record in Fluminese and if he joins of course I'd get behind him but, just not sure.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2023/08/01/flamengo-fire-fernandez-punches-pedro-refusing-warm/

Anyone know why he was refusing to warm up? Seems to have been struggling to get game time too this season. Their new manager favouring Gabidol even when hes been in poor form. Wonder whats gone on there

It was well-documented that he didn't get along with the manager or his assistants. That assistant in the article punched him actually. This is why I wanted him in the Summer window because he wasn't having a good dynamic there.

Gabigol is on another level and if he's fit, he'll play. Any manager who would refuse to play him would lose the support of the fans.

I think Pedro is a good option for us. He'd have a lot to prove, which he is already used to at his current club. 11 goals in the league is pretty good. When I've watched him I've been impressed enough. He is resourceful in the way that he's not too big/strong, but nimble and technically impressive. Very aggressive and has an eye for goal. Brings in teammates all around, and quickly moves off the ball. It's interesting to me that he doesn't have any assists in the league. I welcome that a bit more because we need a really selfish forward as Jimenez currently is the opposite to a fault.

jayffc

Quote from: Matt10 on November 26, 2023, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: jayffc on November 26, 2023, 12:48:12 AM

It was well-documented that he didn't get along with the manager or his assistants. That assistant in the article punched him actually. This is why I wanted him in the Summer window because he wasn't having a good dynamic there.

Gabigol is on another level and if he's fit, he'll play. Any manager who would refuse to play him would lose the support of the fans.

I think Pedro is a good option for us. He'd have a lot to prove, which he is already used to at his current club. 11 goals in the league is pretty good. When I've watched him I've been impressed enough. He is resourceful in the way that he's not too big/strong, but nimble and technically impressive. Very aggressive and has an eye for goal. Brings in teammates all around, and quickly moves off the ball. It's interesting to me that he doesn't have any assists in the league. I welcome that a bit more because we need a really selfish forward as Jimenez currently is the opposite to a fault.

Interesting. cheers for the insight. Personally would like us to go for a pacey player who can play in behind for a change so would prefer an Orban type but at this stage I'll be behind whoever the club brings in. We desperately need a rise in quality up top.

Barrett487

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-linked-with-akpom-loan/

Fulham are one of six Premier League sides interested in taking Ajax striker Chuba Akpom on loan in January, according to Teamtalk.

The Whites are desperate to strengthen their striking options having struggled to score goals since selling Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Arabia in August and previous target Akpom is open to returning to England only six months after leaving Middlesbrough having been voted the Championship's player of the year.

The former Arsenal striker has only started a single league game during the Dutch giants dreadful start to the current campaign but despite being a back-up forward has netted five times in thirteen appearances. Ajax are reportedly open to offering their striker more regular first-team football via a loan switch back to England and Fulham, who have monitored the 28 year-old attacker closely over the past few years, would need to do battle with several top flight rivals to secure his services.

Teamtalk names Crystal Palace, Burnley, Everton, Luton Town and Sheffield United as potential suitors for the Newham-born forward. Akpom, who scored 29 goals in 42 appearances last term for Middlesbrough, is in the early stages of a five-year contract with Ajax.

Barrett487

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/brighton-linked-with-former-nice-midfielder-but-west-ham-and-fulham-also-interested-4421229

Brighton linked with former Nice midfielder but West Ham and Fulham also interested
Brighton have been linked with a move for versatile Torino player Adrien Tameze.

According to Italian outlet Tutto Atalanta, Albion are keeping tabs on the 29-year-old, who can play across the defence and as a defensive midfielder.

However, the report claims the former Nice star is also on the radar of Premier League rivals West Ham and Fulham.

Willham

Quote from: hovewhite on November 26, 2023, 09:34:09 PMEven if we are in the qué for these players it's still a lottery,also if mitrovic is up for a loan I hate saying this he's done it for us.

I'd be well against this in personal feelings but even so, I feel the dent in imagine if doing so, plus giving some money back for a loan isn't ideal, overall even trying to put my feelings aside I don't think this should be considered, I understand where your coming from but feels all too wrong.

jayffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 27, 2023, 01:28:59 AMhttps://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-linked-with-akpom-loan/

Fulham are one of six Premier League sides interested in taking Ajax striker Chuba Akpom on loan in January, according to Teamtalk.

The Whites are desperate to strengthen their striking options having struggled to score goals since selling Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Arabia in August and previous target Akpom is open to returning to England only six months after leaving Middlesbrough having been voted the Championship's player of the year.

The former Arsenal striker has only started a single league game during the Dutch giants dreadful start to the current campaign but despite being a back-up forward has netted five times in thirteen appearances. Ajax are reportedly open to offering their striker more regular first-team football via a loan switch back to England and Fulham, who have monitored the 28 year-old attacker closely over the past few years, would need to do battle with several top flight rivals to secure his services.

Teamtalk names Crystal Palace, Burnley, Everton, Luton Town and Sheffield United as potential suitors for the Newham-born forward. Akpom, who scored 29 goals in 42 appearances last term for Middlesbrough, is in the early stages of a five-year contract with Ajax.

Oh dear. Not at all sold on this one Im afraid, Not getting into a struggling Ajax team. hmmm

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: jayffc on November 27, 2023, 09:25:44 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on November 27, 2023, 01:28:59 AMhttps://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-linked-with-akpom-loan/

Oh dear. Not at all sold on this one Im afraid, Not getting into a struggling Ajax team. hmmm

Has still scored 5 in 9 in a struggling team. On loan if one of TWO signings (Vini out and maybe Muniz back on loan) then Id consider it but not as our focal point.