watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC phenomenal again

Started by perry geyton, December 06, 2023, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

No reason why we should not keep the same team, after all the most any player played tonight was 90 minutes, some did not even play that.

It wasn't as though it was a Cup Fixture and it went into 30 mins extra time away from home, and then had a 5 hour coach drive home.
Or flew back from a match in Mongolia in the early
hours of the morning.
Rap them up in cotton wool and they will grow soft like cotton wool.
Treat them mean and keep them
keen, which will raise their bar and want to please the manager even more. 
No time for faint hearts, we must build on this performance and keep it ticking over.
We moved the ball quicker tonight without Tim Ream and it paid off,  and Bassey played on his best side.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WolverineFFC

TC has benefited tremendously from the overall strengthening of the squad around him. I will say I have questioned whether he has the pace and strength to thrive long term in the Premier League. But when you put skilled players like Willian, Andreas, and Raul around him with physical tacklers and runners like Joao, Antonee, and Iwobi his quality shines.

It helps to have a manager like Marco using him judiciously to keep him healthy.

11 goals in 3 games is outstanding and TC has certainly played a huge role.

perry geyton

Quote from: Bal_13 on December 07, 2023, 12:17:54 AMHonestly think TC has been one of the biggest contributors to the turn around in our attacking play over the last 3 games.

One thing that was apparent watching tonight is how when the CBs had the ball, Cairney was either one of the first to show for it or he'd be pointing to other parts of the pitch, directing the player on the ball to where the space is. He used to do this a lot under Jokanovic too. Clearly sees the game well.

Hope Marco keeps trusting him because recently we look so much better with him.

Oh and agree with all posters above on his newfound appetite for a good tackle!
Yeah I noticed he'd drop right back and point directions for the ball

perry geyton

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on December 07, 2023, 12:35:51 AMAin't nobody like Tom Cairney

There ain't and seeing him sitting on the bench week in week out is wasteful and extremely depressing, he needs to play especially seeing he's probably only got a few years left in him

love4ffc

Tom has done well these last three games.  I don't think there is a need to call people out for thinking he is not up to par for playing in the Premier League. 

Tom is 32, Willian is 35, and Tim is 36.  Not spring chickens when it comes to football players' ages, so man management is vital for these three.  Especially when the games come in threes during the week.  Tom starting in one game and being a sub in the next is not a bad thing.  Just like Tosin and Castagne playing tonight against a midweek Wolves allowing Tim and Tete to rest for the weekend.  Just good man management. 

I would expect Tom to be a substitute come Sunday against West Ham.  I think Tim, Reed, and Tete will also come back and start.  That is just my opinion. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ianthailand

I think Marco, and i assume his medical team, is of the opinion that his knees can't cope with playing two full games a week. His last 3 appearances (one of which was as a sub) were exceptional, last night he ran the game from first to last minute. I must admit i thought his top flight days were over but since Marco and team have been here his game time seems to have been carefully thought out and we are getting the benefit now. He was an absolute joy to watch last night and i for one look forward to another few years.
So many good performances last night, Raul looks a different player after his goal at Villa and what a beast Bassey is, pretty much faultless last night, albeit Forest were non-existent. Iwobi and Pereira run their legs off, the latter showing some better form in the last couple of games.

Bassey the warrior

One thing I'd add is that Cairney is best suited to games where we'd expect to have more of the ball, whereas against the likes of Man City or Brighton he'd be better off the bench. West Ham are a team that don't have high possession stats so this is an ideal game if he's fit.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 07, 2023, 06:34:38 AMOne thing I'd add is that Cairney is best suited to games where we'd expect to have more of the ball, whereas against the likes of Man City or Brighton he'd be better off the bench. West Ham are a team that don't have high possession stats so this is an ideal game if he's fit.

man city last year he was the best player on the pitch

Motspur Park

We were a shadow of last season's team until recently and Raul is not a Mitro type player. By playing a ball player in midfield has helped reignite our spark and has without doubt helped Raul. I certainly don't see Tom being left out now.

blingo

He did well last night Piri, as he usually does with the lower teams in the division. mid table or above and he struggles more, is still one footed and isnt a fast player is he. Im not saying he's a bad player, just not top flight in my eyes. Ream looks cooked though. Still im happy for you in that you continue your manaffair and obsession of TC and Reamy. Hide? Never.  ::wink::  ::wink::  ::wink::

Sammyffc

He has played well, but that doesn't mean i just delete all the times he was crap from my mind. Im sure Silva hasn't either.

TC's Sporran

silva on tc

"as you noticed for sure we changed the side of andreas to play with tc on the left hand side. we're trying to be more creative from the last few games with adding tc for our 11. he knows what he can do for us on the ball as well, of course  he has to keep working hard with him off the ball because we needed that level we are playing."

TC's Sporran

Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 08:13:56 AMHe did well last night Piri, as he usually does with the lower teams in the division. mid table or above and he struggles more, is still one footed and isnt a fast player is he. Im not saying he's a bad player, just not top flight in my eyes. Ream looks cooked though. Still im happy for you in that you continue your manaffair and obsession of TC and Reamy. Hide? Never.  ::wink::  ::wink::  ::wink::

so man city last year you had your eyes closed? or were they bottom half? blinkers work both ways.

Nick Bateman

Tom Cairney was the reason Fulham played so well last night and thrashed Forest so emphatically. For once, Silva played TC for 90 minutes and it showed in the football we played.

Cairney links the play from deep in defence right up to the opposition's box. His vision, accurate passing and football brain is what makes Tom Cairney one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

Silva chose to leave his club captain on bench in most games this season, preferring lightweights like BDR and the bang average Lukic. I thought Marco was taking the mickey when he brought those two on when we were 4-0 up! Subsequently Fulham hovered just above the relegation zone, playing slow negative football and I even wondered whether Silva had given up!

That was the BEST performance by any side this season. He should not change a winning team and Cairney must always be the first name on the teamsheet in future.

Glad to also see Fulham now have a replacement for Mitrovic as Raul Jimenez is BACK!!

NB: Cairney still can't get a game for Scotland as ex-Chelsea Fulham-hating Steve Clarke prefers the hoof & hope! They won't even beat Hungary.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

perry geyton

Quote from: Sammyffc on December 07, 2023, 10:32:03 AMHe has played well, but that doesn't mean i just delete all the times he was crap from my mind. Im sure Silva hasn't either.

"He played well"
Then continues to insult him

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 08:13:56 AMHe did well last night Piri, as he usually does with the lower teams in the division. mid table or above and he struggles more, is still one footed and isnt a fast player is he. Im not saying he's a bad player, just not top flight in my eyes. Ream looks cooked though. Still im happy for you in that you continue your manaffair and obsession of TC and Reamy. Hide? Never.  ::wink::  ::wink::  ::wink::

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

perry geyton

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 07, 2023, 06:54:01 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 07, 2023, 06:34:38 AMOne thing I'd add is that Cairney is best suited to games where we'd expect to have more of the ball, whereas against the likes of Man City or Brighton he'd be better off the bench. West Ham are a team that don't have high possession stats so this is an ideal game if he's fit.

man city last year he was the best player on the pitch

I can think of so many occasions when we've played big teams and he's run the show, Man City a good example of one of them.

Maybe he should bleach his
Hair,  get loads of dopey tattoos and wear florescent green and pink boots, then THEY might notice how good he is

blingo

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 07, 2023, 01:21:42 PM

Every dog has his day Mr TC
so man city last year you had your eyes closed? or were they bottom half? blinkers work both ways.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 03:43:46 PM

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo
Its not an insult, its a fact.

perry geyton

Bongos comebacks don't even make any sense

Must be in a state of panic