watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC phenomenal again

Started by perry geyton, December 06, 2023, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

All the haters Bongo, Sammy, ex pat etc. where are you now ?

"He's not good enough for the Prem"

All the "his knees are crocked" merchants that have consistently slagged him off, do you have the heart to own it ?

What a performance

Top draw

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on December 06, 2023, 09:25:08 PMAll the haters Bongo, Sammy, ex pat etc. where are you now ?

"He's not good enough for the Prem"

All the "his knees are crocked" merchants that have consistently slagged him off, do you have the heart to own it ?

What a performance

Top draw

I'd be interested to hear from that, admittedly very small, group of persistent detractors. I wonder whether any of them would have the balls to say just maybe I was wrong?

perry geyton

One or two might appear with some "we were only playing Forest" type BS
BUT Twig I think you'll find most of em will simply just go MIA

I also hope Marco's now waking up to the fact

filham

Another good performance by Cairney and he is playing the full game, hope he is fit for the Hammers match.

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on December 06, 2023, 09:40:45 PMAnother good performance by Cairney and he is playing the full game, hope he is fit for the Hammers match.

Why wouldn't he be ?
Your one of them

hovewhite

For me he was brilliant also what a finish and full game hope Marco keeps him on the pitch for west spam Sunday,in fact hope we play same team.

Motspur Park

Quote from: perry geyton on December 06, 2023, 09:35:59 PMOne or two might appear with some "we were only playing Forest" type BS

The thing is that when a manager doesn't play a specific player, some fans will question that player's ability, claiming he is not good enough. Personally, TC is up there with my all time favourite players with Les Barrett and Simon Morgan. They are players that love the club and it angers and frustrates me in equal measures when ignorant fans make unnecessarily rude and critical comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but do you really need to be so hateful against one of our own? To be honest Ex Pat isn't a Fulham fan, he is just a complete tosser.

Bassey the warrior

One thing I've noticed with Tom is he's far more aggressive in winning the ball back than we've seen before, something Silva has drilled into him. I used to see him as a bit too passive defensively to play in a midfield two but less so this season.

Eton White

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 06, 2023, 09:46:23 PMOne thing I've noticed with Tom is he's far more aggressive in winning the ball back than we've seen before, something Silva has drilled into him. I used to see him as a bit too passive defensively to play in a midfield two but less so this season.

I was going to say that too. Some of his tackles recently have been top drawer. Silva's obviously asked him to improve that area of his game, but I'm sure playing alongside Palhinha has had a positive impact too.

Snibbo

Yes, he's become quite feisty.

RaySmith

Another great game from Tom, ran midfield, and  seems so fit and full of running, with aggression in winning the ball, as said, besides his usual creativity, always probing with his passes, creating chances.

Just said in post game interview to Steve Sidwell, how he's  committed to working on his game and staying  fit, whatever else happens - 'a self employed footballer', and ready to show what he can do when he gets a chance.

cmg

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 06, 2023, 09:46:23 PMOne thing I've noticed with Tom is he's far more aggressive in winning the ball back than we've seen before, something Silva has drilled into him. I used to see him as a bit too passive defensively to play in a midfield two but less so this season.

I wonder if this hitherto unnoticed facet of TC's game might, in part, come from seeing Palhinha's contribution. Joao has demonstrated that tackling is not just a negative function, it can also serve as a springboard for attack, as, indeed, it did again tonight.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on December 06, 2023, 09:42:40 PM
Quote from: filham on December 06, 2023, 09:40:45 PMAnother good performance by Cairney and he is playing the full game, hope he is fit for the Hammers match.

Why wouldn't he be ?
Your one of them

I think that's just very slightly harsh, Filham's never been a TC hater as far as I can recall (a bit of a doubter maybe but not one of the out and out haters)? I do wonder whether Marco might go for some fresh legs; Ream for Tosin, Reed for Cairney, possibly even change round one of our wingers? Games are coming up thick and fast so he is going to need to manage his squad carefully.

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2023, 10:21:55 PM

Why wouldn't he be ?
Your one of them

I think that's just very slightly harsh, Filham's never been a TC hater as far as I can recall (a bit of a doubter maybe but not one of the out and out haters)? I do wonder whether Marco might go for some fresh legs; Ream for Tosin, Reed for Cairney, possibly even change round one of our wingers? Games are coming up thick and fast so he is going to need to manage his squad carefully.
I know it was a semi joke

I'd say in this kind of form he absolutely has to start against West Ham, they always seem to get lucky against us, we owe them a good beating
I'd rest him in the next game if he has too

General

Quote from: perry geyton on December 06, 2023, 09:35:59 PMOne or two might appear with some "we were only playing Forest" type BS

Cairney has definitely upped his game, but he's still to get a run of games, which makes you wonder if he's got the legs or ability to perform consistently week in week out.

I thought he's been great recently, today's no exception and he does seem to be getting more game time.

But if you look at who he's played against as a starter by Marco, they tend to be lower half teams. He rarely starts in a positive result against a top team.

That said he is clearly doing a lot better, so perhaps the tide has turned.

Everyone knows what a good servant to the club cairney has been, he's been humble, a great captain etc, but he has for previous years in particular been a bit off the pace at this level. Even marco acknowledged last year that he typified cairney as a player you bring on 'to slow the game down'.

It's great he's starting to find his feet. He's always had talent, but had just struggled to prove it at this level. If he starts producing better displays, showing he's adapting to the pace and demands of the league, then we've got a new player of sorts, when many would've put him down as a sub at best.

I want him to do well, thrive.. like all of our players. Long may it continue.

plus 11 goals scored in 3 games! - Have we got our mojo back?, looks like we might have.

perry geyton

Quote from: General on December 06, 2023, 11:36:02 PM

Cairney has definitely upped his game, but he's still to get a run of games, which makes you wonder if he's got the legs or ability to perform consistently week in week out.

I thought he's been great recently, today's no exception and he does seem to be getting more game time.

But if you look at who he's played against as a starter by Marco, they tend to be lower half teams. He rarely starts in a positive result against a top team.

That said he is clearly doing a lot better, so perhaps the tide has turned.

Everyone knows what a good servant to the club cairney has been, he's been humble, a great captain etc, but he has for previous years in particular been a bit off the pace at this level. Even marco acknowledged last year that he typified cairney as a player you bring on 'to slow the game down'.

It's great he's starting to find his feet. He's always had talent, but had just struggled to prove it at this level. If he starts producing better displays, showing he's adapting to the pace and demands of the league, then we've got a new player of sorts, when many would've put him down as a sub at best.

I want him to do well, thrive.. like all of our players. Long may it continue.

plus 11 goals scored in 3 games! - Have we got our mojo back?, looks like we might have.
Really I could of sworn he started when we beat spurs in the cup this season, that's pretty much the only opportunity he's had against big teams this season, Marco's stubbornness to not start him hasn't helped, he did a similar thing with him in the championship

He's always thrived, your talking like he's done nothing over the years, it's a myth a total load of old bollocks,
Other then his injury "which he's been well and truly over for the last 5 or so seasons" plus Ranieri dropping him cos he wasn't fat enough he's always been top draw, still is...

TC's Sporran

Quote from: perry geyton on December 06, 2023, 11:06:44 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2023, 10:21:55 PM

Why wouldn't he be ?
Your one of them

I know it was a semi joke

I'd say in this kind of form he absolutely has to start against West Ham, they always seem to get lucky against us, we owe them a good beating
I'd rest him in the next game if he has too

i have a  feeling due to the fact that he didnt get subbed in order to keep him  fresh for sunday that tc wont start but will come on as sub v west ham. criminal in my eyes. with all the subs available there is no reason not to start TC even if his ability to play two games on the trot is in question. in the old days of limited subs you couldnt afford risking a player whos fitness is in doubt. but now with a lot of subs only coming on in the last few mins to run the clock down they are almost ten a penny.

lamby

This.

Silva seems to be able to add other dimensions to players game. The classic example was Mitro and his 2 way running and being able to start play from defence. TC this morning (Melbourne time) was a defensive beast and was almost that perfect 'Danny Murphy' mid fielder. He was not this player pre-Silva. Optus Sport here put up stats showing that he had run 6km up to 1/2 time, so his fitness is now PL standard. 

Bal_13

Honestly think TC has been one of the biggest contributors to the turn around in our attacking play over the last 3 games.

One thing that was apparent watching tonight is how when the CBs had the ball, Cairney was either one of the first to show for it or he'd be pointing to other parts of the pitch, directing the player on the ball to where the space is. He used to do this a lot under Jokanovic too. Clearly sees the game well.

Hope Marco keeps trusting him because recently we look so much better with him.

Oh and agree with all posters above on his newfound appetite for a good tackle!

Free Elvis Hammond

Ain't nobody like Tom Cairney