watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC phenomenal again

Started by perry geyton, December 06, 2023, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

I think there's more to playing TC than just resting him every now and then.
For teams like Forest who sit behind the ball and hit you on the counter, we need players like TC who can unlock defences and show a bit of guile. On that basis, I'd imagine he'll play a part against W Ham on Sunday.

For teams when we have less of the ball and require more cover and running, Reed comes in.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 03:55:56 PMBongos comebacks don't even make any sense

Must be in a state of panic

:slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:

love4ffc

Quote from: Jim© on December 07, 2023, 04:08:34 PMI think there's more to playing TC than just resting him every now and then.
For teams like Forest who sit behind the ball and hit you on the counter, we need players like TC who can unlock defences and show a bit of guile. On that basis, I'd imagine he'll play a part against W Ham on Sunday.

For teams when we have less of the ball and require more cover and running, Reed comes in.

Agree, I think there is more than just resting and managing the player.  I also think it is down to how TC is used and who he plays with.  Remember the days not so long ago of TC, McDonald, and Johansen?  It was a great trio that worked well in getting results.  Back then we played a lot of 4-3-3 with TC being the creative one, McDonald being the muscle and Johansen being Johansen who provided a little bit of everything.  Especially the shithousery. 

Fast forward to the last few games that TC has been involved in and once again we are starting to see the possibility of a lineup that can bring the best out of TC.  Now, we play more 4-2-3-1 and Palhinha is the muscle and TC is still the creative one.  Just playing a bit deeper and defensively. 

I remember people, not just on here but on other social media platforms as well, saying that Marco needed to change things up and try something different.  I was even one of those people who were calling for something a bit different since the strikers weren't getting the job done.  Well, I think Marco has tried something different and it seems to be working so well on Marco. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Sammyffc

Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 03:42:21 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on December 07, 2023, 10:32:03 AMHe has played well, but that doesn't mean i just delete all the times he was crap from my mind. Im sure Silva hasn't either.

"He played well"
Then continues to insult him

How is it an insult? are you saying all his stats are wrong, and silva has been wrong for not picking him? Are you Toms brother?

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 03:51:47 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 08:13:56 AMHe did well last night Piri, as he usually does with the lower teams in the division. mid table or above and he struggles more, is still one footed and isnt a fast player is he. Im not saying he's a bad player, just not top flight in my eyes. Ream looks cooked though. Still im happy for you in that you continue your manaffair and obsession of TC and Reamy. Hide? Never.  ::wink::  ::wink::  ::wink::

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo
Its not an insult, its a fact.
Yeah it's a fact in your pea brain Bongo

bill taylors apprentice

Not sure if I was blinded by our fancy football but last night I don't remember Forest committing as many cynical fouls to break up play as you usually see in a PL game.

This may have been due to our superior play as well as their poor performance but it was rare to not see so many stoppages.

This certainly helped players like TC who was excellent.
In case anyone misinterprets what I'm saying, TC is one of my all time favourites over 60 years of watching.

TC's Sporran

i like him but im not blind to his failings re the defensive side and pace over distance.

if he had the defensive side like joao and a tad more pace he would be playing for real madrid

so its maybe to fulhams good that he's crap.

StuinSalop

That was the best Cairney performance I have seen since Wembley v Villa.  What shone out to me was the way he won the ball back and his work rate, not something I would normally associate with Tom, when he does that he is totally class, has always been brilliant on the ball but in effectively a midfield 2 you need this sort of industry and with that and his obvious class, he is a truely wonderful player.

Bal_13

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 07, 2023, 01:20:31 PMsilva on tc

"as you noticed for sure we changed the side of andreas to play with tc on the left hand side. we're trying to be more creative from the last few games with adding tc for our 11. he knows what he can do for us on the ball as well, of course  he has to keep working hard with him off the ball because we needed that level we are playing."

Obviously Silva knows his players well and knows he needs to be on TC to keep up his off the ball work.

Honestly think having Iwobi, AP and TC on the pitch in one sense feels mad, as all three can play in the 10 role, but also makes us look so creative and frankly a good attacking team.

And with AP's workrate, TC doing his bit off the ball and obviously Palhinha doing his thing, we even look reasonably balanced.

Good coaching.

perry geyton

Quote from: Sammyffc on December 07, 2023, 05:56:51 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on December 07, 2023, 10:32:03 AMHe has played well, but that doesn't mean i just delete all the times he was crap from my mind. Im sure Silva hasn't either.

"He played well"

How is it an insult? are you saying all his stats are wrong, and silva has been wrong for not picking him? Are you Toms brother?
Oh God, Stat man to the rescue
God help us

No I'm not his brother, just a firm believer that he's a top drawer footballer even though you can't see it

perry geyton

Quote from: love4ffc on December 07, 2023, 05:28:03 PM
Quote from: Jim© on December 07, 2023, 04:08:34 PMI think there's more to playing TC than just resting him every now and then.

Agree, I think there is more than just resting and managing the player.  I also think it is down to how TC is used and who he plays with.  Remember the days not so long ago of TC, McDonald, and Johansen?  It was a great trio that worked well in getting results.  Back then we played a lot of 4-3-3 with TC being the creative one, McDonald being the muscle and Johansen being Johansen who provided a little bit of everything.  Especially the shithousery. 

Fast forward to the last few games that TC has been involved in and once again we are starting to see the possibility of a lineup that can bring the best out of TC.  Now, we play more 4-2-3-1 and Palhinha is the muscle and TC is still the creative one.  Just playing a bit deeper and defensively. 

I remember people, not just on here but on other social media platforms as well, saying that Marco needed to change things up and try something different.  I was even one of those people who were calling for something a bit different since the strikers weren't getting the job done.  Well, I think Marco has tried something different and it seems to be working so well on Marco. 

100%
With Jao playing behind him he gets to do his thing , create goals and score goals

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 06:45:17 PM
Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 08:13:56 AMHe did well last night Piri, as he usually does with the lower teams in the division. mid table or above and he struggles more, is still one footed and isnt a fast player is he. Im not saying he's a bad player, just not top flight in my eyes. Ream looks cooked though. Still im happy for you in that you continue your manaffair and obsession of TC and Reamy. Hide? Never.  ::wink::  ::wink::  ::wink::

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

I'll have one of whatever you're smoking Piri  ::thumb::

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: StuinSalop on December 07, 2023, 07:55:15 PMThat was the best Cairney performance I have seen since Wembley v Villa.  What shone out to me was the way he won the ball back and his work rate, not something I would normally associate with Tom, when he does that he is totally class, has always been brilliant on the ball but in effectively a midfield 2 you need this sort of industry and with that and his obvious class, he is a truely wonderful player.

Completely agree
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on December 07, 2023, 10:39:13 PM

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

You couldn't handle it Bongo you'd be crying for help

FFC In Oz

Cairney has been fantastic the last 3 games.

As has been noted, his increased aggression and willingness to do the dirty work (see the tackle on Lemina leading to the pen against Wolves) gives us a great option in games where we're expected to have a bit more possession.

I think the thing that gets overlooked sometimes is how he improves the players around him - it's no coincidence that Willian & Pereira have looked much better with TC in the side.

jarv

I always feel we are better when TC is on the pitch, even for 45 minutes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on December 07, 2023, 05:28:03 PM

It is apparent to me that Marco is now reading my emails on a regular basis.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sammyffc

Quote from: perry geyton on December 07, 2023, 10:16:04 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on December 07, 2023, 05:56:51 PM

"He played well"

Oh God, Stat man to the rescue
God help us

No I'm not his brother, just a firm believer that he's a top drawer footballer even though you can't see it

' stat man ' , its quite weird that you are anti stats when it doesnt support your argument. Football is based around stats, we sign people by stats, we sell people by stats, scouts use stats, stats are 90% of the equation.

But oh no, lets all bow down to king perry

Kingjay81

Quote from: perry geyton on December 08, 2023, 03:47:07 AM

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

This is becoming as cringey as it gets....are you grown men?

Looks like one of you thinks TC is god and the other isn't that struck. The vast majority of the rest of us think that Tom is a joy to watch, brilliant on the ball, dictates and connects play but lacks the engine and pace to be a truly top top player.

He's in my top 10 all time players to watch but would he be in my top ten team? Not sure

blingo

"He did well"

Go back to bed Bongo

Maybe, but then again, maybe not  ::wink:: you should try meditation Piri its supposed to relieve stress ::thumb::  ::thumb::