more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TOSIN

Started by perry geyton, December 10, 2023, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Keep him at all costs   
A better baller then Diop IMO much more comfortable on the ball and shows more authority, Diop a healthy replacement if Bassey or him get injured

I have a feeling Tim might hang up his boots at the end of the season, would be fantastic if we could keep him around in the back room

DadCreature

I suspect we will keep Ream (didn't he sign a 2 year contract?) but he will lose his starting position.   That would be good for the club- time to have younger depth on the field.

Carborundum

Tosin was excellent today, really excellent.  The long balls from him and Bassey are making it so much easier for the short balls out.  He's playing with complete authority.  Then there's a fierce  headed goal and another clean sheet.  He won't get quite the plaudits he should given how well everyone did, but that was some performance.

ffcne

Quote from: Carborundum on December 10, 2023, 07:59:08 PMTosin was excellent today, really excellent.  The long balls from him and Bassey are making it so much easier for the short balls out.  He's playing with complete authority.  Then there's a fierce  headed goal and another clean sheet.  He won't get quite the plaudits he should given how well everyone did, but that was some performance.

That was  a set piece goal.See the movement of Palinha creating space for Toisin
Great delivery.

ffcthereligion

I personally thought he wasn't that great. Gave the ball away 5+ times and palhinha had to clean up his mess. Looking forward to diop coming back

Surlyc

Quote from: DadCreature on December 10, 2023, 07:41:35 PMI suspect we will keep Ream (didn't he sign a 2 year contract?) but he will lose his starting position.   That would be good for the club- time to have younger depth on the field.
This is as it should be. We've been poor at succession planning, so it makes a refreshing change.

btffc

Huge difference having him on the field for set pieces versus Ream. Hopefully we can get an extension done though if he still wants to go to Monaco we will likely find it quite difficult to compete on wages since he would get tax free wages there.

Would be very pleased with Bassey and Tosin as our CB pairing for the next several years.

H4usuallysitting

I said on another thread, Tosin was my man of the match....been out for ages, no song and dance, comes back in and boom

Holders

He was my MoM as well, Mr H4.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

perry geyton

Quote from: DadCreature on December 10, 2023, 07:41:35 PMI suspect we will keep Ream (didn't he sign a 2 year contract?) but he will lose his starting position.   That would be good for the club- time to have younger depth on the field.
One year I do believe
No agent either, dealt with it himself like a real man,

more then can be said for Willian who juggled us with Notts Forest to squeeze us for more money

Luka

Tosin needs to feel loved.
Fans play their part in that as do the management.
We drive forward as a club, then he won't feel the need to leave.

btffc

Does Ream have an option year on his contract that we can extend for 1 year? If not, I'd gladly sign him on for one more season, but he may not want that if he's going to be second choice behind Bassey.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I really think having the athleticism and mobility of Tosin and Bassey at the heart of our defense has unlocked everything. It's allowed TC to come into the team and dictate play without having to worry about screening for a slow center back (sorry Tim). Most of our attacks have started from a Bassey interception and drive forward or a beautifully placed Tosin through ball. And Tosin's height and dominance on set-pieces, both offensive and defensive has been instrumental.

Thailand Mick

Funny how people see a game differently, Tosin let Jarrod Bowen get away from him and allow him two very presentable chances to score but thankfully he hit them both straight at Leno, also gave the ball away similar to Bassey at spurs but again West ham didn't take advantage of that but he did score a good goal. 6/10 for me

toshes mate

Adarabioyo has certainly improved since the Silva's Coaching team arrived but he was almost totally spoiled by Parker and Co when partnering Andersen rather than Tim Ream and those bad habits and flaws persisted into future games. He is now looking more composed and altogether more careful in possession but the mistakes created from the Parker period are still there and will take time (if ever) to be completely expunged. 

As Thailand Mick says it's funny how people see things differently at games. 

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 10, 2023, 08:08:04 PMI personally thought he wasn't that great. Gave the ball away 5+ times and palhinha had to clean up his mess. Looking forward to diop coming back

We win 5-0 two games on the bounce and we still find something to moan about.

Hatch007

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov link=msg=
/quote]
Well it is a discussion forum.

So if certain posters suggest Tosin as MotM or a player who had an excellent game, it's not unreasonable IMHO to point out the two glaring instances where his poor positional sense afforded West Ham two clear-cut chances they should have converted.

He also cleared poorly once in the first half presenting WH with possession in a dangerous area when he had time and space to control the ball and clear or pass to a teammate.

I thought Tosin had a decent game overall but he often has a mistake in him through lack of concentration / poor positional sense.

To counter, he's been out a helluva long time so some rustiness is to be expected and he's still my preferred starting RCB from the current squad when everyone is fit.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 11, 2023, 07:44:50 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 10, 2023, 08:08:04 PMI personally thought he wasn't that great. Gave the ball away 5+ times and palhinha had to clean up his mess. Looking forward to diop coming back

who's moaning we are just pointing out that in our opinion he was a long way from being MOM, just because we win well it doesn't mean there aren't things we can improve on.

Eton White

He even made Garth Crooks' team of the week. How often does a Fulham player do that?!

Jimmy Hill

Real shame we won't keep him, someone is going to get a bargain.