Main Menu

BDR

Started by perry geyton, December 31, 2023, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

That's why you keep him Mr Bateman

Mr versatile

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: perry geyton on December 31, 2023, 04:13:01 PMThat's why you keep him Mr Bateman

Mr versatile
Yes.......but he does annoy me when we have a chance to break forward and he stops and passes backwards
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: OZ-WHITE on December 31, 2023, 04:18:37 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on December 31, 2023, 04:13:01 PMThat's why you keep him Mr Bateman

Mr versatile
Yes.......but he does annoy me when we have a chance to break forward and he stops and passes backwards

I don't agree, I think his decision making is very good.

Also, he made several runs down the right today that we didn't pick out. Ream used to constantly switch play to BDR; Tosin and Bassey are definitely our best pair right now but that's something Ream was incredible at.

Al-Fayed

He's an excellent player. Intelligent, versatile, professional, hardworking and a good finisher.

ianthailand

Well done Marco, i was surprised Bobby kept his place but fully justified his inclusion. I was thinking 5 minutes before he scored what an improved performance over the Bournemouth game and he smashes one in.

Ludlow Richard

BDR has oodles of PL experience and scores goals as well. He is like a James Milner for us. Does stuff, gets on with it, a model pro. No idea why people feel the need to knock him......

Nick Bateman

My apologies to Bobby DeCordova-Reid. I gladly jinxed him and he won the game for us. So satisfying to beat the potential league leaders. Tom Cairney got MOM.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Al-Fayed

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on December 31, 2023, 04:44:19 PMBDR has oodles of PL experience and scores goals as well. He is like a James Milner for us. Does stuff, gets on with it, a model pro. No idea why people feel the need to knock him......
Very good comparison with James Milner. I hadn't thought of that, but he's the same ultimate pro.

Somerset Fulham

Mr versatile

You may want to take a seat here Perry, but I agree with you 100%.

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 31, 2023, 04:47:36 PMMy apologies to Bobby DeCordova-Reid. I gladly jinxed him and he won the game for us. So satisfying to beat the potential league leaders. Tom Cairney got MOM.
Of coarse he did blokes top class, so many on here "Sammy and  Bongo said he's not good enough for the premier league and that he only plays well against lower teams, they've all gone MIA now,
The mind boggles

flyingfish

He's scored against arsenal and Liverpool! And the winner against Everton. Can't for the life of my think where his other PL goal came in

WindyCity

Yeah, BDR is an interesting player.  Will fill whatever role is demanded of him.  And can have a poor game and be inconsistent and invisible for a period of time.  But then pops up and bangs in a critical goal.  Consummate pro.

Bal_13

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on December 31, 2023, 04:44:19 PMBDR has oodles of PL experience and scores goals as well. He is like a James Milner for us. Does stuff, gets on with it, a model pro. No idea why people feel the need to knock him......

Couldn't have put it better myself. Model pro - does whatever is asked of him for the team, whether that's RB, RM, CAM or ST, and a really underrated finisher

Twig

BDR rarely puts in a big eye catching performance, he's not that sort of player. However Marco clearly values BDR and knows how he can utilise his abilities. That's good enough for me.

FishaPrice

Well played Bobby! One thing I like about him is that he gets on the end of crosses and stays alive in the box.

Colton F.C.

Absolute gang thuggery in the box but Bobby still got off the floor to score. ::scarf::

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on December 31, 2023, 06:08:07 PMYeah, BDR is an interesting player.  Will fill whatever pole is demanded of him.  And can have a poor game and be inconsistent and invisible for a period of time.  But then pops up and bangs in a critical goal.  Consummate pro.

Exactly I feel about him. He is not really technical nor is he a superior athlete but he always puts in a shift and has a knack for scoring goals. Fantastic squad player to have.

bog

To me he is a modern day Stan Brown And those who saw him him play have never forgotten him. Well played Bobby.  ::thumb::   

filham

I am usually disappointed to see BDR in the starting line up as I think it means a better striker, like Wilson , is on the bench and I feel Bobby is going to miss a goal scoring chance or two.
However he always puts in a good shift and his defensive work is so useful, he is a reliable club man without doubt.

After yesterday's winner against Arsenal I must revive my opinion of him and be more pleased to see him start.

Snibbo

Quote from: bog on January 01, 2024, 10:47:03 AMTo me he is a modern day Stan Brown And those who saw him him play have never forgotten him. Well played Bobby.  ::thumb::   
That's high praise and a good comparison