watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

next 3 league games, very important

Started by jarv, January 21, 2024, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Need some points to maintain mid tabe.  All 3 are winnable but hope we get back on track and get at least 7 points.

AJW48361

There is only one game important game.The  next one.

Fulham Tup North

Everton (Win)
Burnley (min draw)
Bournemouth (win)
7 points would be very acceptable...
9 would be amazing..
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

I think what's worrying me is Burnley are probably sunning themselves in Dubai while we have three tough cup games. Burnley is an unhappy hunting ground for us at the best of times.

JimmyConway

No excuses we won't be oven ready whereas they might be under cooked? Would be ironic though if Burnley going down would see them do the double over us.

Somerset Fulham

I wouldn't expect much from Bournemouth, they are a decent side these days.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: SP on January 21, 2024, 12:31:24 PMI think what's worrying me is Burnley are probably sunning themselves in Dubai while we have three tough cup games. Burnley is an unhappy hunting ground for us at the best of times.

Not won there since 1951!!!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 21, 2024, 02:16:05 PMI wouldn't expect much from Bournemouth, they are a decent side these days.

On the flipside I would argue that we are also a decent side these days. Always expect us to have a good chance of winning against mid table and lower teams. See no reason to not expect anything. In my opinion.

WindyCity

Agree that these upcoming league games are very important, and there are points to be had (and needed).  I had also included the Chelsea game as part of this group, and sadly we came away with nothing in that game.  Need some league points to solidify our standing in the table.

hovewhite

Next 3 games 5 points will be a good return.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 21, 2024, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 21, 2024, 02:16:05 PMI wouldn't expect much from Bournemouth, they are a decent side these days.

On the flipside I would argue that we are also a decent side these days. Always expect us to have a good chance of winning against mid table and lower teams. See no reason to not expect anything. In my opinion.

They are certainly beatable, they just aren't the soft touch perhaps they have been. But yes, we definitely can beat them.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: hovewhite on January 21, 2024, 04:06:25 PMNext 3 games 5 points will be a good return.

Yep, if our aspiration in the league is only to survive this season, which is fair if a little unambitious, then 5 points will keep us ticking along nicely.

bill taylors apprentice

After 21 games we are 4 points behind where we were last season.

Last season games 22/23/24 gained us 7 points so we need to squeeze close to maximum points if we want to match last seasons tally (at least) at the end of the season

southwest6

Good point, but I am only interested in the game on Wednesday. It is absolutely massive!!

Wingnut

Everton is a massive game. They are a better side on the road than they are at home. If we win that, I think we'll kick on and get points from the next two league games. I'm worried about the impact that these cup games are going to have on us. We can't go full strength against Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton. Something has to give.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jarv

I was worried about Bournemouth until yesterday. Liverpool destroyed them and they were not at their best in the first half. Fingers crossed, looking for 3 points.

KentFulham

Everton Win
Burnley Draw
Bournmouth Loss

Plodder

Quote from: Wingnut on January 22, 2024, 10:22:30 AMEverton is a massive game. They are a better side on the road than they are at home. If we win that, I think we'll kick on and get points from the next two league games. I'm worried about the impact that these cup games are going to have on us. We can't go full strength against Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton. Something has to give.

I would far rather be in both cups than just have league games left to look forward to.  We are a game away from a League Cup final at Wembley. We have had a week and a half off.  We have to play our best eleven, and only think about Newcastle after that, and Everton after the Newcastle match.

I am not persuaded that leaving players out necessarily makes them play better in the next game. You can't pick and choose your wins, you have to select the team on each occasion you think has the best chance of winning, allowing for injuries and fatigue. Silva and the staff can assess fitness after each game and then decide game by game, not plan team changes several fixtures in advance.

Does something have to give?  Playing twice a week for two weeks is something that a Premier League footballer should expect to do, be able to do, and look forward to, not worry about.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Plodder on January 22, 2024, 11:51:36 AM
Quote from: Wingnut on January 22, 2024, 10:22:30 AMEverton is a massive game. They are a better side on the road than they are at home. If we win that, I think we'll kick on and get points from the next two league games. I'm worried about the impact that these cup games are going to have on us. We can't go full strength against Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton. Something has to give.

I would far rather be in both cups than just have league games left to look forward to.  We are a game away from a League Cup final at Wembley. We have had a week and a half off.  We have to play our best eleven, and only think about Newcastle after that, and Everton after the Newcastle match.

I am not persuaded that leaving players out necessarily makes them play better in the next game. You can't pick and choose your wins, you have to select the team on each occasion you think has the best chance of winning, allowing for injuries and fatigue. Silva and the staff can assess fitness after each game and then decide game by game, not plan team changes several fixtures in advance.

Does something have to give?  Playing twice a week for two weeks is something that a Premier League footballer should expect to do, be able to do, and look forward to, not worry about.

Absolutely spot on Plodder 100%
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.