watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 23, 2024, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Three decisions to be made, Cairney or Reed, BDR or Wilson , Tete or Castagne and these really depend on whether we intend to attack or play it tight from the start.
Think I would start with:-
                                  Leno
                Tete                               Robinson
                          Tosin         Diop

Reed            Palhinha
                BDR             Periera             Willian
                                Jiminez   

Cairne and Wilson to replace BDR and Reed at half time.

Maidstone Lee

Leno

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Reid Andreas Willian

Raul

Cairney back in and Bobby keeps his place on the right. Wilson is much better off the bench
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

davew

I prefer Filhams team selection!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

icy_system

Leno

Castagne Tosin Diop Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Wilson Andreas Willian

Raul

Whitestone

I'll be surprised if Silva doesn't select the same line up as the first leg. That means Castagne is likely to start and on current form I think that's the best option. I hope that BDR improves his decision making in the final third. I would also like to see Silva make his subs proactively and earlier than in the first leg.

bencher

Quote from: Whitestone on January 23, 2024, 12:03:54 PMI'll be surprised if Silva doesn't select the same line up as the first leg. That means Castagne is likely to start and on current form I think that's the best option. I hope that BDR improves his decision making in the final third. I would also like to see Silva make his subs proactively and earlier than in the first leg.

Silva' subs tend to be about fresh legs rather than tactical changes. We have the occasional 3rd centre back for the last 10 minutes, but otherwise it's almost always like for like changes. Klopp was able to change the game completely with his subs, although he did have far superior bench options.

KentFulham

I would prefer Tete to Castagne, while Castagne does make some great stops, he has far greater tendency to be wildly out of position, Tete is a safer option. Would much prefer Ream to Diop, but I expect Diop to start, he just needs to be less "Bambie on Ice" when trying to tackle in the box. Upfront Raul is probably the best of the worse, he MUST get himself in the box this time, and players must cross thinking he will be there, I get the feeling from the BDR debate, that our players dont have confidence he will be there, and they are right, he can often be found on the wing, sometime crossing in a Rabona.

Rest of the team I expect to be the same as Leg 1, but this time lets not sit back, we are losing and must go for it full tilt

Thailand Mick

Leno
Castagne Tosin Ream Robinson
      Palhinha  Reed
BDR        Periera   Willian
            Raul

remember away goals do NOT count extra and if level at full time there will be extra time.
Cairney and Wilson have proven to be better off the bench and Ream played in the 4-3 which took three exceptional strikes to score. I would also like to see Marco be brave and if it went to penalties then sub on Rodak.

ex-Pat

Leno
                          Tosin         Diop

Reed            Palhinha
                                Jiminez

This should be the starting team

Can we stop with the Cairney starting, he's a good sub that's it..Reed should start every game.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 23, 2024, 11:53:24 AMLeno

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Reid Andreas Willian

Raul

Cairney back in and Bobby keeps his place on the right. Wilson is much better off the bench

This would be my line up too.

Nick Bateman

Cairney must start. Not having BDR screw us again!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Finnans Right Peg

I would play tete right full castagne right wing and cairney in the periera position

Twig

Quote from: ex-Pat on January 23, 2024, 03:02:45 PMLeno
                          Tosin         Diop

Reed            Palhinha
                                Jiminez

Can we stop with the Cairney starting, he's a good sub that's it..Reed should start every game.

So glad you're not our manager.

Twig

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 23, 2024, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 23, 2024, 11:53:24 AMLeno

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Reid Andreas Willian

Raul

This would be my line up too.

And me.

filham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 23, 2024, 03:28:35 PMCairney must start. Not having BDR screw us again!
Nick ,I understand how you feel about BDR and would agree that he knows how to miss goal scoring chances but he does offer a good work rat and help in defense,
Have you taken account of the possibility of extra time when it would be good to have Cairney and Wilson still fit having only played 45 minutes instead of 90 minutes.

perry geyton

Quote from: icy_system on January 23, 2024, 11:57:23 AMLeno

Castagne Tosin Diop Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Wilson Andreas Willian

Raul

SNAP !!! well  almost

actually I'd bench AP and start Reed with Cairney playing where you have AP

Mullers OG

Leno

Tete. Tosin. Diop. Robinson

Cairney. Palhinha

Pereira

Wilson.  Jiminez. Willian

Rodak. Reed. Ream. Lukic. Castagne. Francois. Muniz.

bencher

I think whatever line up we put out, they will have to play out of their skins for possibly 130 minutes to get us to the final.

ex-Pat

Quote from: Twig on January 23, 2024, 03:37:20 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on January 23, 2024, 03:02:45 PMLeno
                          Tosin         Diop

Reed            Palhinha
                                Jiminez

So glad you're not our manager.

Defiantly glad you're not involved whatsoever in anything picking a starting line up.

Wingnut

Reed over TC for me. BDR starts also. Would bring TC and Harry on later in the game. BDR and Reed are stronger defensively.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.