watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unlucky Fulham

Started by Nick Bateman, March 09, 2024, 05:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

With 23 shots to Wolves' 8, Fulham had no luck today. We hit the bar (instead of scoring with an open goal), had the ball cleared off the line, and Harry Wilson should have scored when clean through only to miss the target.

One of their goals was off target defected in by Cairney, while the other was a soft free kick given by a poor ref and badly defended by Bassey.

Many players had off-days Tosin in particular who was the culprit who hit the bar. But with so many shots one would expect a higher goal tally.

It wasn't to be but there's nothing really broken to be fixed. Just play the first team in the next game and we should get back to winning ways.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Baszab

Agree with O/P
We were unlucky
Should have been 2 up at HT - pretty poor miss by Tosin who looked shakey today
Their best player was their goalie
One stupid goal given away and their second a complete fluke
Didn't really fall for us anywhere on the pitch today = one of those very aggravating games
I actually thought Wolves were quite poor, except for Sa and Lemina
Unlucky

LittleErn

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 09, 2024, 05:11:16 PMWith 23 shots to Wolves' 8, Fulham had no luck today. We hit the bar (instead of scoring with an open goal), had the ball cleared off the line, and Harry Wilson should have scored when clean through only to miss the target.

One of their goals was off target defected in by Cairney, while the other was a soft free kick given by a poor ref and badly defended by Bassey.

Many players had off-days Tosin in particular who was the culprit who hit the bar. But with so many shots one would expect a higher goal tally.

It wasn't to be but there's nothing really broken to be fixed. Just play the first team in the next game and we should get back to winning ways.

Bit of a bummer from TC Nick!🥴

Twig

I don't think we were unlucky, I don't think luck had much to do with it. Miss absolutely golden opportunities like Wilson and Tosin did in the first half and you are likely to get beat. Our finishing just wasn't good enough.

perry geyton

Worcesterwhite

I don't think luck had anything to do with it, the game was there for the taking against an average wolves side and we passed the opportunity by being very poor ourselves

SerbianLad

On another day we take our chances in the first half and lead 2-3 nil. The whole team started both halves very sloppily. Robinson was the main culprit of this at the start of the first half and Tosin was the main culprit at the start of the second. I think that caused unnecessary panic in our back four while also giving confidence to Wolves attackers. In both halves we gradualy improved and minimised sloppiness. Thought Bassey, Iwobi and the midfield duo of Reed-Lukic were pretty good in the first half. Muniz battled hard too, but it just wasn't his day, although I do think he was very good towards the end of the match. I expected more from Cairney, Palhinha and Willian from the bench. Broja had some nice moments but whenever he gets near the goal he just stops and passes it back, I think he really lacks confidence. Adama probably the biggest positive from today. Thought he was superb and unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Let's beat Spurs in our next game, COYW!

Drewry66

Xg 0.5 for them and 2.44 for us. Says it all really.

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2024, 05:29:54 PMI don't think we were unlucky, I don't think luck had much to do with it. Miss absolutely golden opportunities like Wilson and Tosin did in the first half and you are likely to get beat. Our finishing just wasn't good enough.
Yes we missed a lot of chances and were a bit sloppy, but we were unlucky. In particular their second goal. There was a man offside in the build up, then the shot that was going wide hit Cairney on the butt and went in. We also hit the bar.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on March 09, 2024, 06:08:00 PMI don't think luck had anything to do with it, the game was there for the taking against an average wolves side and we passed the opportunity by being very poor ourselves

Agreed.

Wolves have a heap out including their top 2 scorers with their most creative player coming off early.  Dawson missing in defence too.

Marco got the team selection wrong.

Needs to quit his love affair with Pereira, shift Iwobi to the 10 and put Willian back in.  Palhinha should've started next to Lukic.

Thames Bank 1

Of course Marco got team selection wrong, but wasn't that bad for 2 games prior !!! Why aren't you the manager

Holders

Their closing down and defending was better than our finishing but we'd still have won except their keeper played a blinder.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Benny

Have to give credit to Wolves for their game plan, missing their 2 goal scorers then the play maker gets injured early on too, but it didn't change their approach

Gary O'Neil has done a fantastic job at that club when most people had them down as relegation for sure

Also felt our changes came too late again, TC and co should of been on at half time IMO

AJW48361

Mario Lemina is a real good footballer.A shame when we got Relegated we couldn't keep him.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on March 10, 2024, 07:57:30 AMOf course Marco got team selection wrong, but wasn't that bad for 2 games prior !!! Why aren't you the manager

Appreciate the sarcasm TB.

When your best/most valuable player is available again, he starts.

Bill2

Quote from: St Eve on March 09, 2024, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2024, 05:29:54 PMI don't think we were unlucky, I don't think luck had much to do with it. Miss absolutely golden opportunities like Wilson and Tosin did in the first half and you are likely to get beat. Our finishing just wasn't good enough.
Yes we missed a lot of chances and were a bit sloppy, but we were unlucky. In particular their second goal. There was a man offside in the build up, then the shot that was going wide hit Cairney on the butt and went in. We also hit the bar.
Not really offside as Lemina was not involved with play.

filham

We have played 10 premier league games this season where we have failed to score a goal and then yesterday we played for 98 minutes before scoring. That is not bad luck but a weakness in scoring. Time we recognised this as a weakness.

Agree other than the lack of goals our performance against Wolves was good but at the end of the day it is goals that count.

WindyCity

Nope, unlucky has got nothing to do with it.  This is a tough league.  You fluff early chances to score goals (first half) it's gonna bite you.  You play sloppy football, which FFC did for much of the game, especially during first half, it's gonna catch up with you.  Good teams make their own 'luck'.  Sorry, but we lost a very winnable game by not being able to tickle the twine when given the chance, and playing quite a bit of sloppy football, easy give aways, poor passing.