watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield United (a)

Started by SP, March 17, 2024, 04:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

The odds appear to have remained as originally mentioned, who'd have imagined odds of 3/4 on FFC away from home in this league.

However, I'm sure it'll be a battle: 2-4

COYWs

southwest6

Every time this season I have been confident of a win, we have either lost or drawn. Nothing is given in this league... Either way, absolutely buzzing to watch the lads again.  ::scarf::

H4usuallysitting

Will be a tough game...we need to try & get an early goal....think we've got enough to get 3 points - but the international break won't have helped us

Cobh Fulham Fan

I think we are good to snatch 3 points, but I wouldn't get all cocky about it. all of our worse games this season have been against so-called lesser sides!

filham

The route from the Cottage to Bramal Lane will be littered with banana skins, lets hope Silva can spot them.

AJW48361

Whoever scores first won't lose.

Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Motspur Park on March 19, 2024, 09:43:30 PM
Quote from: BarneyTravers on March 19, 2024, 09:32:43 PMLooking forward to this one..the breathtaking performance against Spurs and the lack of a Fulham fix this weekend will boost sales further...Early train from St Pancras..shades of a similar trip nearly 49 years ago albeit to the other half of the City..Come on you super whites.
I was there for that one. Trouble at the station after the game!
Are you talking about the league game that we lost 1-0 to Wednesday and Mullery missed a penalty or the FA Cup semi final? I remember all hell breaking loose after the semi final replay at Maine Road where the Man City in the Kippax with us helped us out in a big way. I remember some Brummies trying to nick Fergie's sheepskin coat.
I was on the TBT for both games and so didn't go to the station, but I remember that there was trouble in the league game and we were moved into the corner of the Leppings Lane end.

filham

Quote from: C Block on March 20, 2024, 10:00:00 AMNever ever underestimate the impact of International football,
Whilst the vast majority of our squad have travelled to the four corners of the earth, next to none of their players have travelled outside of Yorkshire, it could be telling.
Yes, I agree. I tried to make this point earlier but was accused of pessimism. Jet lag alone could be a big factor

Thailand Mick

Quote from: filham on March 29, 2024, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: C Block on March 20, 2024, 10:00:00 AMNever ever underestimate the impact of International football,
Whilst the vast majority of our squad have travelled to the four corners of the earth, next to none of their players have travelled outside of Yorkshire, it could be telling.
Yes, I agree. I tried to make this point earlier but was accused of pessimism. Jet lag alone could be a big factor
Leno, Tosin, Willian, Muniz didn't go anywhere, Castagne, Periera, Palhinha, Lukic, Wilson all stayed in Europe, Iwobi, Bassey, Robinson are the only three possible starters to have travelled far. Both Palhinha and Bassey returned early. I do agree that Sheffield have had a whole two weeks to concentrate on how to deal with us and we will have to be at our best to win but only Robinson and Iwobi can be used as an excuse for travel.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 29, 2024, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: filham on March 29, 2024, 10:08:39 AM
Leno, Tosin, Willian, Muniz didn't go anywhere, Castagne, Periera, Palhinha, Lukic, Wilson all stayed in Europe, Iwobi, Bassey, Robinson are the only three possible starters to have travelled far..
Eh, Bassey and Iwobi had a relatively short (3.5 hours) flight and didn't even change time zones for their friendlies. Sasa Lukic travelled quite a bit further (Moscow and Cyprus...almost 5 hour flight back to LHR) for the two friendlies he appeared in.

Yorkie_FFC

Granted there is an argument for jet lag match etc however also they haven't had any competitive match practice which can make all the difference

SP

We know this club of ours so well!

southwest6

Quote from: SP on March 30, 2024, 04:31:16 PMWe know this club of ours so well!

Yep!! Not surprised one bit.

The Swan

What a shambles. We got back to 1-1 then conceded two more goals. How did we ever beat Man U away.
The Swan

ffcthereligion

No excuses. Pathetic. It's a pattern against sides not good enough for the division. The players are solely to blame. Weak mentality. They are more than good enough to beat this excuse of an opponent but are not prepared to put the effort in. Posted from the game. Try and turn this one into a positive

Lighthouse

Well this has been a season of lack of consistency. We really have a really good idea about this side. They don't really have a great spirit but have moments of flair. I am not surprised because when this side don't want to play and put their heads down. They prance about and look pretty but against spirited sides they tend to look what we are.

Put us up against Man Utd or Arsenal and we look the side we can be. Put us up against a lower side and we just don't look interested enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Well, it's fair to say that this hasn't quite gone to plan. :slap:

ffcthereligion

You're all welcome for me turning this around 😂

Lighthouse

14 MINUTES of Injury time. Plenty of time for us to lose it again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffcthereligion

The end of the game only goes to show how pathetic what preceded it was. Even if we had won. Cannot be fickle. Not good enough, didn't deserve to win