watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boa Morte to leave Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 18, 2024, 07:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

I also get the feeling that he is an important part of our success and this will be a big loss for us. Best of luck to him though!

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Pretty gutted. Good luck Boa 🙏

demeant0r

That's really sad news. Wishing him good luck at his new role. Hopefully this not spell an end to our attacking football as Boa Morte seemed to be quite integral in the coaching side.

bog

Good luck Boa. Never forget the goal v that lot down the road or the one at Huddersfield that clinched  promotion under Tigana.  ::thumb::  ::scarf::   

HV71

Getting on the management ladder is incredibly difficult. Great loss for us - good opportunity for him . Wish him all the very best and hope he has great success . Hope Marco can get a really good replacement.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: keithh on March 18, 2024, 08:02:28 PMI think he'll be back one day; interesting who'll fill his place (backroom or player).

Tim Ream.......

Bobsffc

Boa was a brilliant, instinctive, emotional, highly entertaining player. But if I'd been told  back in 2004 that he was going to have a career as a successful coach in the premiership and land a job as a national manager, I would probably have said 'no way that will happen'

Anyhow, good luck Boa....always welcome back here

love4ffc

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 18, 2024, 10:35:28 PM
Quote from: keithh on March 18, 2024, 08:02:28 PMI think he'll be back one day; interesting who'll fill his place (backroom or player).

Tim Ream.......

Maybe bring in Kmac.....
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Asotosyios

Quote from: love4ffc on March 18, 2024, 11:11:15 PM

Tim Ream.......

Maybe bring in Kmac.....

He has a contract with Bradford till next season. Scott Parker is available though  ::wink::

Twig

Absolutely gutted when I read about this. He was an influential player for us and a great entertainer. I was quite surprised that he made the transition into coaching as his emotions often got the better of him, which was perhaps his Achilles heel.  However he has done it and done it very successfully. I sincerely hope we see him back one day and I'm sure that almost every Fulham fan, bar one curmudgeon, would welcome him.

ianthailand

Quote from: SP on March 18, 2024, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 18, 2024, 07:19:20 PMSad to see him leave, but happy for him to get that chance amd all the best to him. It will be interesting to see who replaces him.

Wouldn't surprise me if Marco appoints one of the many experts from FoF!
I think a shared job with Blingo and Perry as the favourites.

ianthailand

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 18, 2024, 07:19:20 PMSad to see him leave, but happy for him to get that chance amd all the best to him. It will be interesting to see who replaces him.

Quote from: alfie on March 18, 2024, 07:35:45 PM
Quote from: Eton White on March 18, 2024, 07:19:17 PMSad news. It's been great having him at the club again and he's been doing a fantastic job with Marco.

I'm sure this is a really positive move for his career though, so thank you for everything Boa and all the very best for the future. You're a Fulham legend!  ::scarf::

PS: I've just looked this up as I'd never heard of Guinea-Bissau. It's a country in West Africa and they speak Portuguese, so makes sense.
Apparently it is also quite dangerous there.
Big Snakes? Boa can handle it!

ianthailand

Quote from: Asotosyios on March 18, 2024, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on March 18, 2024, 11:11:15 PM

Tim Ream.......

Maybe bring in Kmac.....

He has a contract with Bradford till next season. Scott Parker is available though  ::wink::
No Marco, you can't play Football like that. We need a Goalie and 10 defenders to win matches.

Thailand Mick

Sad to see him leaving when things are going so well, wish him all the best for the future and I'm sure he will be seen at Fulham again. Now I'm sure Marco will have someone in mind to replace him but is it time to bring back another Fulham legend, pack up that punditry gig and throw their hat in the ring. How about Danny Murphy, could possibly invite him down to the training ground for the rest of the season to see if it's a good fit. All that knowledge and talent going to waste.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 19, 2024, 04:11:29 AMSad to see him leaving when things are going so well, wish him all the best for the future and I'm sure he will be seen at Fulham again. Now I'm sure Marco will have someone in mind to replace him but is it time to bring back another Fulham legend, pack up that punditry gig and throw their hat in the ring. How about Danny Murphy, could possibly invite him down to the training ground for the rest of the season to see if it's a good fit. All that knowledge and talent going to waste.

Nothing in it for Danny. Gets paid to spout opinions, never in danger of the sack. Why put your neck on the block?

blingo

Quote from: ianthailand on March 19, 2024, 03:03:33 AM

Piri couldn't cope with the job Ian, i'm too old for it and wouldn't want the travelling involved either lol. I'd nominate Nogood Boyo or Cork City.

On a more serious note, it makes me wonder if Marco is going to be off at the end of the season.

malcbridger

Best of luck Boa, legend.

Surlyc

As a manager, it is always sad when a capable person leaves. However if that person leaves for a better job then that is actually good all round - I'd rather have a good person leave for a promotion after two years than have an underperformer with me for ten.

We will miss you Boa, I'm sure we'll meet again! ::scarf::

wback

Really pleased he came back and did such an excellent job. Best of luck to him in what'll likely be a pretty tough role (lots of flying, resource challenges, working with players for tiny periods of time).

As for appointing a new Fulham hero - I don't think we need to do that. Silva has earned the right to do exactly what he wants, work with who he wants etc. If he wants to get a new coach in to support him, he should go and find the very best one he can.

Frankly, the role of a 'legend' is often to try and credibly rescue the situation if things go wrong, so just inserting one for the sake of it could look unsettling. You're basically saying "here's the caretaker manager for two games if we have to sack you" and "this person understands the club better than you and will take a call from the chairman to see how things are going".

I'm not sure I'd want either of those around.

Black and White Town

Sad news, but best of luck to him.