watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Brazil

Started by filham, March 23, 2024, 11:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 23, 2024, 08:46:47 PMThought the Brazil goal was offside tbh..
I thought so too at first, but I'm pretty sure he was one after watching the replays. Someone on the far side was playing Vinicius on. Endrick was definitely on.

Happy for Andreas to get a big contribution.

cmg

Considering 60-odd years supporting Fulham FC, I find it rather thrilling to see one of our players getting a cap for Brazil.

demeant0r

It bodes well for us that we have a number 10 who just sliced England in half.

Grassy Noel

Stats say we have had 3 shots on goal but I cannot remember one.

southwest6

Fantastic pass by Pereira.

But f*** me, we are so uninspiring.

demeant0r

Pereira with another cheeky pass to Endrick for a 1 vs 1 but he missed.

cmg

Quote from: demeant0r on March 23, 2024, 08:57:16 PMPereira with another cheeky pass to Endrick for a 1 vs 1 but he missed.

Yes. Muniz would have put it away.

SerbianLad

Andreas almost got an assist there as well.

Have to say as a neutral, Brazil deserved that. They weren't great either, but I thought they edged it. They had more good chances than England.

Andreas played really well. Hopefully this will give him even more confidence (he seems like a confident guy already) and he can start playing even better for Fulham.

filham

Hard to remember an England game with so many missed chances, from both teams.
Shows hw we miss Harry kane who was sitting on the bench in his track suite, why was he not used.

demeant0r

Quote from: cmg on March 23, 2024, 08:58:47 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on March 23, 2024, 08:57:16 PMPereira with another cheeky pass to Endrick for a 1 vs 1 but he missed.

Yes. Muniz would have put it away.

This was from BBC:

"90+5 mins
Post update
England 0-1 Brazil

Brazil almost score on the counter-attack but Endrick's shot is saved."

No mention of the sublime pass by Pereira.

bog

Quote from: cmg on March 23, 2024, 08:50:18 PMConsidering 60-odd years supporting Fulham FC, I find it rather thrilling to see one of our players getting a cap for Brazil.

+1 

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on March 23, 2024, 09:05:03 PMHard to remember an England game with so many missed chances, from both teams.
Shows hw we miss Harry kane who was sitting on the bench in his track suite, why was he not used.

Injured.

I know its great that we have a player in the Brazil squad/side but from an actual football perspective I really struggle with a Brazil side that is littered with players from the likes of us, West Ham, Wolves and Newcastle.  It shows just how lopsided the power and them money is with the Premier League to me.

But that is not to detract from the game, which was intriguing and what friendlies should be about. There would be no point playing Norway or Georgia at this point, these games against quality opponents are the ones that are going to provide Southgate with the problems he needs to solve before a tournament starts.

St Eve

Fully expected loss. You should never mess with our flag

LittleErn

True Somerset, and there were plenty of them. Not least was Southgate's style possession football with the usual slow build up, giving their defence time to regroup.

Caedal

I look through the players in the England squad and I just don't see what everyone raves about. Yes, Southgate is terrible and constantly picks players out of form or that don't play regularly for their clubs. However there are multiple positions, especially defensively where the options we have are terrible

H4usuallysitting

What I saw of the game wasn't that inspiring.... Bellingham head & shoulders above everybody.... Foden also.....on that performance, can't see either team winning a tournament

btffc

Absolutely thrilled for Andreas. He showed he belonged in the Brazil team. Created two big chances. Just need to get Muniz in the team next.

Crazy to have a Fulham player in the Brazil team and playing well.

Caedal

I thought Andreas was Brazil's most impressive player.

FreiBird

Poor finishing robbed Pereira of 2 assists in 20 minutes, best player on the pitch.

hovewhite

That is making an impression Andreas 2 key  passes and he's our player.
Southgate for Manure well they would be the only team in that area that would sign him.