watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Brazil

Started by filham, March 23, 2024, 11:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

It was a poor England performance where Brazil could have been three up by half time.

It's as if they weren't playing for pride on what was a prestigious occasion.

I thought our Fulham team would have done better.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Southgate said there were many good things he saw in England's performance...really?   

Pity no spotlight on TV or mention in the match report of the smart pass by Andreas that brought about the winner. 

At least we've got 'Hendo' to come back in....

ffcne

Jo Cole was analysing the goal and went to say about the Andreas pass
and obviously could'nt  remember his name. Not sure he's that good as a pundit.

bill taylors apprentice

Toothless up front against well organised and strong teams and always got a mistake in us at the back equals we will never win anything with this manager.

Playing his favourite Maguire nearly cost us in the first half and past his sell by date Dunk's poor attempt at clearing the ball led to their goal.

Both of these are good PL players but lack the speed of thought and pace at the highest level which is a weakness at the heart of defence.

Plenty of attacking flair which works against the lesser teams but wrong tactics again see us fail again against clever and determined opponents.

Twig

Decent enough build up play but a lack of cutting edge in the final third. I thought Chilwell was especially poor and yet again Maguire was error prone. I also worry about lack of pace across our back line, especially after Walker went off and I wasn't impressed by Dunk either.

With Kane and Saka fit and the exciting Bellingham we'll be ok going forward but defensively I don't see us as being good enough.

Southcoastffc

TBF England did surround the ref effectively when Brazil scored......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jarv

Andreas pass was brilliant and the goal was definitely NOT offside. A different Brazilian was clearly offside but the ball went nowhere near him.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 24, 2024, 09:55:35 AMToothless up front against well organised and strong teams and always got a mistake in us at the back equals we will never win anything with this manager.

Playing his favourite Maguire nearly cost us in the first half and past his sell by date Dunk's poor attempt at clearing the ball led to their goal.

Both of these are good PL players but lack the speed of thought and pace at the highest level which is a weakness at the heart of defence.

Plenty of attacking flair which works against the lesser teams but wrong tactics again see us fail again against clever and determined opponents.

I do not think that Maguire lacks speed of thought just speed of bodily reaction. Most modern footballers are the exact opposite.

Nick Bateman

Channel 4's "woke" panel share no insight, even sounding positive about that poor performance. Joe Cole is one of the thickest blokes they can have who didn't even pick up on Dunk's mistake. He even praised Chillwell who had a mare (or his usual game). The one chance England created showed why we still need Kane, Ollie Watkins bad control made him hoof it into row Z.

They went on and on about this Brazilian "wonderkid" yet he choked when one on one with Pickford at the death, but they seemed to ignore that one as it doesn't fit the narrative.

Portuguese ref was suprising fair I thought.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Colton F.C.

In the comments lots of calls for Shirtgate to be the next Manchester United manager (this may not be entirely reflected by United fans).  Also hate for Gallagher and Chilwell. Not sure what they have in common.

The team that played with passion won the day.

MOM Andreas Pereira ::scarf::

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 23, 2024, 12:05:07 PMI shall be there watching England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
My condolences

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on March 24, 2024, 11:00:24 AMDecent enough build up play but a lack of cutting edge in the final third. I thought Chilwell was especially poor and yet again Maguire was error prone. I also worry about lack of pace across our back line, especially after Walker went off and I wasn't impressed by Dunk either.

With Kane and Saka fit and the exciting Bellingham we'll be ok going forward but defensively I don't see us as being good enough.
Southgateball in a nutshell

RaySmith

Big Sam deserved more of a chance - he was set up.

At least he likes his teams to attack - long ball from defence into the mixer, big man on the end- no shilly-shallying playing out from the back.

Get a long throw merchant in.

Players getting inside the ref's head, questioning every decision against us - where were the England players waving imaginary cards?

OK, so he's fond of a brown envelope - allegedly, but at least he's a winner!!!! :)

@jolslover

I went, was a good game always good to see some of best players in world. Thought Bellingham was again class above other England players and is a generational talent. For Brazil thought Paqueta was best player and always funny to me that Brazils best player plays for West Ham. Good to see Pereira come on
STH H3

Grassy Noel

When I think back to past tournaments, the winning nation have invariably had a creative forward midfield player. England have never had a truly skilled and consistent player in that role. Sorry Gazza (inconsistent) and Bryan (great heart but not skillful). Only Bobby Charlton comes close and that didn't work out badly, did it? Now in Jude Bellingham, we have I believe found our nirvana. All we need now is a manager.

Holders

Quote from: Grassy Noel on March 26, 2024, 12:10:17 AMWhen I think back to past tournaments, the winning nation have invariably had a creative forward midfield player. England have never had a truly skilled and consistent player in that role. Sorry Gazza (inconsistent) and Bryan (great heart but not skillful). Only Bobby Charlton comes close and that didn't work out badly, did it? Now in Jude Bellingham, we have I believe found our nirvana. All we need now is a manager.

You're forgetting Haynes!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dr Know

According to the late Jimmy Greaves Haynes was a better player than Charlton !

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Holders on March 26, 2024, 06:38:01 AM
Quote from: Grassy Noel on March 26, 2024, 12:10:17 AMWhen I think back to past tournaments, the winning nation have invariably had a creative forward midfield player. England have never had a truly skilled and consistent player in that role. Sorry Gazza (inconsistent) and Bryan (great heart but not skillful). Only Bobby Charlton comes close and that didn't work out badly, did it? Now in Jude Bellingham, we have I believe found our nirvana. All we need now is a manager.

You're forgetting Haynes!

I have not forgotten him nor his wonderful hat-trick in the  mid-week mist against USSR. It is just that he never got an extended run to show his true worth. If only.