watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England V Belgium

Started by filham, March 26, 2024, 10:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well with the Brazil match best forgotten we can watch England again tonight in the hope of seeing a goal or two.
Could be though that our highlight may well be watching our Castagne in action for Belgium, just hope he comes away free of injury.

bog

I hope so filham. I recall the last time England played well was v Scotland, ever since rather boringly poor. Here's hoping for an upturn!

Nick Bateman

Southgate needs a result rather than a performance as his stock is depreciating even though they are friendlies. I'd give Ivan Toney a go instead of Watkins, at least Toney knows how to score from a free kick. He cheats!  ::wink::
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Eton White

The Republic of Ireland drew 0-0 with Belgium at the weekend, so you'd hope England would be able to get a result against them.

hovewhite

Got to be a chance of an england goal tonight

Grassy Noel

I feel sorry for Bellingham. Deprived of Kane and Saka, Brazil were able to focus on kicking him out of the game. Belgium saw that and will do exactly the same.Why select him Gareth? Poor fellow.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Pickford kicking the ball to just outside the penalty area, in middle of the pitch, but doing so when standing 10 yards outside the box, and leaving a completely empty net.

Daft.

Somerset Fulham

Great little run by Toney there for the penalty.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 26, 2024, 08:02:15 PMGreat little run by Toney there for the penalty.

Mainoo did brilliantly in the build up, that little pause in his run opened them up, clever play.

Well done Toney, good pen.

filham

Half time and England a goal down, at least we are having some excitement and I think England can win.

Sgt Fulham

What a fantastic end. The persistence from Watkins to keep it alive, followed by a great pick out by Maddison, and exactly who you would want on the end of it. So glad I didn't switch off when they had a goal kick in the 94th!

filham

I think we deserved the draw but why oh why wait until the last second before we throw in the long ball which lead to the equiliser.

Dodgin

Very enjoyable game deserved the draw. Southgate may well have some hard choices on squad selection.

MickTheBeard

Foden plays well for city but he seems so nervous and timid for England where Saka seems more suited to international football for England.

Holders

Goodness! Where did both sides get those dreadful kits from?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC In Oz

Quote from: MickTheBeard on March 26, 2024, 10:41:59 PMFoden plays well for city but he seems so nervous and timid for England where Saka seems more suited to international football for England.

Interesting one because they both play their best football cutting in from the right.

Foden has had his most consistent season at City now that spot is his own with no Mahrez to share time with and Bernardo Silva playing centrally.

Foden perhaps as a 10/second striker with Bellingham playing deeper closer to Rice could work but what do I know I'm Australian  ::tongue::

btffc

Agree that England need to be playing Bellingham deeper next to Rice with Foden or Maddison in front. Just not enough creativity with Rice + Mainoo/Gallagher then Bellingham in the 10. Maybe it's not quite defensive enough but I think the sacrifice has to be made. Looked 10x more dangerous as soon as Maddison came on and slotted into the number 10 role and he created the 2nd goal. Gallagher is fairly useless as an 8. He is a box crashing and pressing 10 which England should never be playing. And while Mainoo is likely a future superstar he just isn't involved enough right now.

If Southgate wants to be the stagnant and restrictive allegations, he needs to move Bellingham deeper and play a another creative midfielder. It may not maximize Jude's talent but it does maximize the team.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: btffc on March 27, 2024, 08:10:20 AMAgree that England need to be playing Bellingham deeper next to Rice with Foden or Maddison in front. Just not enough creativity with Rice + Mainoo/Gallagher then Bellingham in the 10. Maybe it's not quite defensive enough but I think the sacrifice has to be made. Looked 10x more dangerous as soon as Maddison came on and slotted into the number 10 role and he created the 2nd goal. Gallagher is fairly useless as an 8. He is a box crashing and pressing 10 which England should never be playing. And while Mainoo is likely a future superstar he just isn't involved enough right now.

If Southgate wants to be the stagnant and restrictive allegations, he needs to move Bellingham deeper and play a another creative midfielder. It may not maximize Jude's talent but it does maximize the team.

Bellingham won't get goals if he's deeper.

bog

Quote from: Holders on March 27, 2024, 05:20:56 AMGoodness! Where did both sides get those dreadful kits from?

Apparently the Belgium one was a tribute to Herges Adventures of Tin tin!

Whatever next? Us wearing one to commemorate Biggles complete with goggles? ::tongue::   

btffc

Quote from: Bassey the warrior on March 27, 2024, 08:40:46 AM
Quote from: btffc on March 27, 2024, 08:10:20 AMAgree that England need to be playing Bellingham deeper next to Rice with Foden or Maddison in front. Just not enough creativity with Rice + Mainoo/Gallagher then Bellingham in the 10. Maybe it's not quite defensive enough but I think the sacrifice has to be made. Looked 10x more dangerous as soon as Maddison came on and slotted into the number 10 role and he created the 2nd goal. Gallagher is fairly useless as an 8. He is a box crashing and pressing 10 which England should never be playing. And while Mainoo is likely a future superstar he just isn't involved enough right now.

Bellingham won't get goals if he's deeper.

Not as many that's for sure but he is the only player England have right now capable of being the creative 8 next to Rice that's necessary to make the rest of the team work so for me it feels like a needed sacrifice.