News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would we like to see promoted from the Championship?

Started by Barrett487, March 29, 2024, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Definitely Coventry after the shite that they have been through.

After that, anyone except Leeds really.  Ipswich and Southampton?

FFC1987

Quote from: ianthailand on April 01, 2024, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 30, 2024, 06:31:22 PMSouthampton - for an easy away day

Ipswich - for an easy 6 points

Plus anyone other than Leeds
Don't be so cocky about Ipswich. They have a strongish squad and have just had 105 million investment with some of that destined for players. They are upgrading the whole club structure and regularly get circa 30,000 crowds. Their commercial dept., has had record shirt sales and sponsorship deals. A club that the Khans could learn a lot from about openness and keeping fans on side.

Ipswich's squad currently, would massively struggle in Prem. I feel like it would actually do them some good to consolidate this year and push harder next year as large sections of their squad is still bottom half of championship, to top half of league one standard. From Suffolk and my side of the family are STH'ers of Town and that's a fairly consistent argument they share. Obviously, they want to go up, but its a major concern and a really, really big job they;d have to make that squad competitive.  Also, stadium is less than 30k and only over the last few seasons have they averaged 28.5k roughly,  prior to that, it was lower than 20k consistently but the new owners, as you say, have really galvanised the club and the fanbase.

kiwian

Quote from: DadCreature on March 30, 2024, 02:23:36 PMWell. I'd take Maidenhead, Knotts County and Chesterfield. 18 guaranteed points and zero chance of relegation.  But since they aren't in the Championship, I would prefer more teams like Lutton and Burnley - genuinely interesting to have them in the EPL and honestly not a real danger to us.
And how many points did we get against Burnley this season?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

river phoenix

It is obvious it would be a two of Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester so I would go for Tractor boys and Foxes. Ipswich is just a good sporting story and we have good results vs Leicester lately.

Third team I would like to be Coventry. Same as Ipswich, a good loyal manager who plays good football.

bencher

Quote from: kiwian on April 02, 2024, 06:42:40 AM
Quote from: DadCreature on March 30, 2024, 02:23:36 PMWell. I'd take Maidenhead, Knotts County and Chesterfield. 18 guaranteed points and zero chance of relegation.  But since they aren't in the Championship, I would prefer more teams like Lutton and Burnley - genuinely interesting to have them in the EPL and honestly not a real danger to us.
And how many points did we get against Burnley this season?

I am more excited that we have got points off so-called big clubs. Relying on winning against every lower placed club is probably not sustainable, or at least it is more likely to be attainable as an area for improvement when only doing it inconsistently. We have taken, so far, 4 points from Arsenal, 3 from Man Utd, 3 from West Ham, 3 from Spurs, with the potential for more to come, and I'm sure Silva would have been targeting that for this season.

jarv

Saints. I would like to see them back. My oldest friend supports them so have seen several games there, especially when Fulham play.  I was at the 3-2 win last season, I think saints relegation season and years ago, a game which ended 3-3. Beattie scored 2 for saints, i cant remember who scored for Fulham, very odd!!!