News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would we like to see promoted from the Championship?

Started by Barrett487, March 29, 2024, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy Noel

Quote from: ianthailand on March 30, 2024, 02:02:01 AM
Quote from: bog on March 29, 2024, 09:07:11 PMCoventry City
Leicester City
Ipswich Town

A tail of two Citys?
What the Dickens are you on about?

My mutual friend tells me that Ipswich have great expectations.

WhiteJC

Rupert

I seem to recall Leeds are usually a decent donor to the annual Fulham survival fund.

As said above, Norwich like to help us out too.

So, them and one other.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Woolly Mammoth

The 3 clubs that are the nearest, not so far to travel.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: sarnian on March 29, 2024, 08:25:13 PMAnybody bar Leeds.
yes I so agree . I guess I still feel spiteful towards Leeds but probably shouldn't it was the era of hunter.brmner,lorimer , Giles etc that made me dislike them perhaps I shouldn't be carrying it on today but can't help it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Brawn

Ipswich, for sure. Would be a great story for double promotion which is rare these days.

DadCreature

Well. I'd take Maidenhead, Knotts County and Chesterfield. 18 guaranteed points and zero chance of relegation.  But since they aren't in the Championship, I would prefer more teams like Lutton and Burnley - genuinely interesting to have them in the EPL and honestly not a real danger to us.

mrmicawbers

Yorkie_FFC

Quote from: Rupert on March 30, 2024, 12:29:02 PMI seem to recall Leeds are usually a decent donor to the annual Fulham survival fund.

They are usually but the problem with them they will somehow get tickets in the Home end at Craven cottage. 100% guaranteed as they do have a big following to be fair to them but if they are paying Riverside prices, good luck to them a long expensive 0 points

St. Andrews White

Leeds top of my list. My grandpa was an avid Leeds fan and knew their old owner Manny Silver as the Jewish community in Leeds really banded together to support them.

After that, underdogs really. So probably Ipswich and Coventry
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

TC's Sporran

i saw ipswich play early season and they looked unstoppable. promotion certs with leicester i said. and leeds looked methodical but nowt special. a month or so ago ipsiwch's blip looked to have ruled them out of auto but leicester still looked nailed on. now they are not in the autos. its still hard to see past ipswich leicester and leeds. southampton might have a say in that?

but i'd like to see preston get promoted for no other reason than it would be a refreshing change and a novelty. all the teams above them have been in the prem although ipswich have dropped leagues recently.

Southcoastffc

Southampton - for an easy away day

Ipswich - for an easy 6 points

Plus anyone other than Leeds
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Ipswich,
Leicester (only because they'll fill a relegation spot with their immediate points deduction),
Idc

filham

[/quote

Agree , we really don't want to have to suffer Leeds for a season or more.

Logicalman

Quote from: Barrett487 on March 29, 2024, 07:46:38 PMFor me, it would be

Ipswich
Southampton
Coventry

Huddersfield, Wednesday & Rotherham for me.
With those coming up wer;re pretty assured of not going down next season!  ::wink::
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: ianthailand on March 30, 2024, 02:02:01 AM
Quote from: bog on March 29, 2024, 09:07:11 PMCoventry City
Leicester City
Ipswich Town

A tail of two Citys?
What the Dickens are you on about?
Would that be the best of times ....or...  the worst of times??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Thailand Mick

Ipswich (they have some tough away games still to play)
Norwich (East Anglian derby next week maybe the most important ever)
Southampton (Although our recent record is not great against them)

RaySmith

Leeds because handy for me to get to, since I've mainly stopped going to games through cost, though looks like we'll lose Burnley - even handier.

Whoever comes up will likely struggle - look at Burnley, running away with the Champ last season, and much applauded for their attacking style.
Or look at ourselves, even, though we've done so well since last coming up.

RaySmith

Quote from: bobbo on March 30, 2024, 01:59:19 PM
yes I so agree . I guess I still feel spiteful towards Leeds but probably shouldn't it was the era of hunter.brmner,lorimer , Giles etc that made me dislike them perhaps I shouldn't be carrying it on today but can't help it.

Maybe a lot do with their their manager, Don Revie, a pretty dodgy character, who went on to manage England, but allegations now that he tried to bribe opponents, and took bungs - nothing ever proved in Law, maybe more like rumours and gossip, I hasten to add.
They also had Fulham legend Allan Clarke playing for them.

Also, the game was a lot different then , far more 'physical,' also, every team had a 'hard man' many of whom would be sent off  after their first tackle today. Even Fulham had the likes of Bobby Keetch and Peter Storey, who'd won major honours with Arsenal, playing for them.

When Cloughie took over at Leeds, after Revie went to England, he told the players that 'you should throw all your medals and trophies in the bin, because you've won them all all through cheating' -  needless to say, the players didn't perform for him, and he left in  a record short time -44 days, and went onto manage Forest, who did win things!

ianthailand

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 30, 2024, 06:31:22 PMSouthampton - for an easy away day

Ipswich - for an easy 6 points

Plus anyone other than Leeds
Don't be so cocky about Ipswich. They have a strongish squad and have just had 105 million investment with some of that destined for players. They are upgrading the whole club structure and regularly get circa 30,000 crowds. Their commercial dept., has had record shirt sales and sponsorship deals. A club that the Khans could learn a lot from about openness and keeping fans on side.