more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Sheffield United

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 30, 2024, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

And breath! 😮💨

Was actually 4-1 down until they chalked their goal off with Muniz rescuing a point with a superb bicycle kick.

Lots to discuss, lots of ups and downs in this game, so let's have all your Post Sheffield United thoughts below 👇🏻

#ffc #SHUFUL

LC

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the game but I was listening to the game on the Fulham website. Muniz sounds like he's turning into a top PL centre forward.

I think we'll comfortably finish top 10 but I think a top 8 / European spot is beyond our reach but who knows.

Lighthouse

It was awful, it was brilliant, it showed the worst of this side with no back bone against a poor side. It showed the best of this side with great heart against a side that were scrapping for their lives. We deserved to lose 4-1. We deserved to win 5-3.

I am very confused and once again this side shows the inconsistency of a drunk hedgehog.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Nothing but praise for the lads, despite shooting ourselves in the foot with some sloppy play at the back, when we should have been well in front.

But well done SU for taking advantage, but almost feels like a  Fulham win to me, such  fighting spirit to come  back from 3-1 down.

demeant0r

That was the most confusing and inconsistent performance I've ever seen from Fulham. We can barely defend against a team at the bottom of the league but yet we're able to score worldies.

With the amount of chances we scorned by hesitant shooting in the first half, we could've been well and truly finished the game by half-time.

ffc73

Burnley, Wolves & now Sheffield. We have no killer instinct & Silva needs to sort out this passive, slow, walking football.

It's no use accepting these performances because "we're little old Fulham".

Players need to start playing like they do when we're behind from the start & bury these sides.

SerbianLad

Like many times this season, we dominated the game until we made a silly defensive mistake from which our opponents scored and then we looked like conceding from every single attack of the opposition. Before that first goal, I don't think I've seen a less dangerous side this season. They looked like a National League side. We gifted them the goal and they started to plat much better football and we started to make mistake after mistake.

The defence (minus Robinson who I thought was okay) was horrible in that second half. Iwobi was really poor as well.

Positive is that we didn't lose this match, as I think we often do with these kind of matches.

Muniz's goal the highlight for me. Sublime goal. He was unlucky today as well with the two times he hit the woodwork.

Unfortunately, I think that that minimal chance we had for getting Europe has now completely evaporated, and I can't help but feel this loss was our fault and had very little to do with Sheffield United.

H4usuallysitting

Great performance from Fulham - Muniz get's goal of the season...BDR another cracker....the stats were unbelievable......we had 24 shots & 14 corners.... Sheff Utd were very poor from not using ball boys/girls to throw the ball back, to continuing wasting time & very dirty fouls

Drewry66

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 30, 2024, 05:13:54 PMIt was awful, it was brilliant, it showed the worst of this side with no back bone against a poor side. It showed the best of this side with great heart against a side that were scrapping for their lives. We deserved to lose 4-1. We deserved to win 5-3.

I am very confused and once again this side shows the inconsistency of a drunk hedgehog.

:slap: ...brilliant post. Sums it up perfectly. What on earth is this side like. Sublime to ridiculous back to sublime. I'm so confused.

Lighthouse

Fulham fans give match overview

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

No doubt those of us that have our hearts sold to Fulham will be pleased with that fighting performance but those that analyse things in a cool calculating manner will realise that a draw like that against a team at rock bottom of the table does not equate to a top half of the table finish.

SP

A rollercoaster of a game.

Two updates from other games just cheered me up, Ch*lsea booed off the pitch again & Tarkowki is well past it.

On to another tough away game.

Drewry66

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 30, 2024, 05:21:46 PMLike many times this season, we dominated the game until we made a silly defensive mistake from which our opponents scored and then we looked like conceding from every single attack of the opposition. Before that first goal, I don't think I've seen a less dangerous side this season. They looked like a National League side. We gifted them the goal and they started to plat much better football and we started to make mistake after mistake.

The defence (minus Robinson who I thought was okay) was horrible in that second half. Iwobi was really poor as well.

Positive is that we didn't lose this match, as I think we often do with these kind of matches.

Muniz's goal the highlight for me. Sublime goal. He was unlucky today as well with the two times he hit the woodwork.

Unfortunately, I think that that minimal chance we had for getting Europe has now completely evaporated, and I can't help but feel this loss was our fault and had very little to do with Sheffield United.

Yeah all if s and but's but really we should be easily 9 points better off from the Wolves, Burnley and Sheff United games. In all dominated, not taken chances and huge mistakes. We go 1 0 up today we win that 4 or 5 0 but two gifts also gifted them belief.

Crazy thing is last year we beat ALL the teams below us and couldn't beat anyone above roll reversal this year. Also mistakes at the back leading to goals have  more than doubled. 5 last year the whole season. 12 already this and not sure if that includes the 2 today so could be 14 and most in the league!

I love Tosin and think we are a better team with him in the side but said it on the match day thread...top 6 defenders don't make errors he does which is why he'd never start if he moved. He has has been the biggest culprit against Wolves and today and if I were him I'd sign the brilliant deal it sounds like we've offered him.

Just a note for Muniz again. Forgotten about a bit in the madness but hits the post twice with two brilliant efforts and we've been waiting for the overhead. Side overhead but absolute class. Just looks a pure finisher and what a gem we have got.

::scarf::

Southcoastffc

Bonkers 2nd half. Marco will IMO be raging. Expect a reaction v Forest.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

TC's Sporran

when it went briefly to 4-1 i thought that was it despite then putting a pound on the draw and the win.

for the neutral i bet it was a good watch and could be shown early on motd.

Nick Bateman

Was a real rollercoaster battle royale!! Sheffield with their industrial direct football, 1980s challenges allowed by a lenient referee while he obliged Bereton-Diaz's numerous dives. Sloppy play from Tosin again after Leno insisting on standing still on the ball until everyone is closed down and panic! Glad Marco subbed Tosin, I'd maybe drop him for next game.

Fulham should have won and the 14 added minutes showed VAR was honest as they chalked off United's 4th correctly. Once Tom Cairney came on Fulham looked more insightful as he tee'd off BDR's strike. Muniz showed what a prospect we have with a wonderful acrobatic equalizer.

Feels good to recover from a 2 goal deficit, their manager taking off McBernie who was one of their best players simply to waste time. He will more have regrets than Silva.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bill taylors apprentice

It seems to me we have controlled many games this season and failed to win, maybe not as much as today's but
we keep the ball and don't penetrate.
At least it creates a game where it's not open and we are at risk of conceding, although that's not always true as there have been games when we concede early by silly errors and the plan backfires.

So, here's an idea, in games such as today's why not play a more attacking game with the likes of Traore, TC & Wilson and aim to get in front with more dynamic tactics.

If we had nicked a goal first half we may have settled and run them ragged with no reply but we were too hesitant and over played when in possession.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 30, 2024, 05:55:26 PMWas a real rollercoaster battle royale!! Sheffield with their industrial direct football, 1980s challenges allowed by a lenient referee while he obliged Bereton-Diaz's numerous dives. Sloppy play from Tosin again after Leno insisting on standing still on the ball until everyone is closed down and panic! Glad Marco subbed Tosin, I'd maybe drop him for next game.

Fulham should have won and the 14 added minutes showed VAR was honest as they chalked off United's 4th correctly. Once Tom Cairney came on Fulham looked more insightful as he tee'd off BDR's strike. Muniz showed what a prospect we have with a wonderful acrobatic equalizer.

Feels good to recover from a 2 goal deficit, their manager taking off McBernie who was one of their best players simply to waste time. He will more have regrets than Silva.

tcs little dribble and nutmeg pass to assist bdr's goal and to also start the move which led to the equaliser surely cant go unnoticed by silva?

hovewhite

The only bonus from this game is that silva won't be happy and the team will be motivated after this performance.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 30, 2024, 05:26:31 PMGreat performance from Fulham - Muniz get's goal of the season...BDR another cracker....the stats were unbelievable......we had 24 shots & 14 corners.... Sheff Utd were very poor from not using ball boys/girls to throw the ball back, to continuing wasting time & very dirty fouls

😂😂