watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Sheffield United

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 30, 2024, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: blingo on March 31, 2024, 09:17:54 PMIf we could find that consistency we would be playing champions league football. Let's be realistic, we are not in that position and unless we add a lot of quality to our ageing team, we're unlikely to find it.

Respectfully, I think that's a bit of a stretch.  I don't see it that simplistic.  I think just about any team that manages mid table in this league can point to inconsistency preventing a higher finish and even possibly European play.  As far as FFC is concerned, we seem to play better v the top clubs, and even losses in many of those cases are just by one goal.  Against the so-called lesser clubs we do seem to struggle.  (This was not the case last season, we beat up the lessers and couldn't get a result v the top teams.)  I don't really have an answer/solution, other than to say that this is a damn tough league, and every game is a challenge.  FFC has some good players, look at all that get selected for country play, and sure, would be nice to add some more talent this summer, but this team as it stands right now could be doing even better.  JMHO

WindyCity

The positives I take out of a game like this is that the lads did not give up and did find a way to get a point out of this game.

The negatives obviously some very sloppy defense.  And the inability to possibly put the game away in the first half which we totally controlled.

But I prefer to look at the positives and applaud the late effort.  Not saying happy with the result though, disappointing.

razor05

What do you think of Armando Broja? He was loaned out from Chelsea this season. I thought he would be good because he is young and has much potential. Unfortunately, he did not play at all and didn't make a positive impact for us. So, what do you think? Will he start progressing if we give him more time? Do we need to activate his buying clause?

gang

I don't think there is a buying clause. The peculiar clause is his playing time,if he doesn't play we pay more for the loan.
I'm not particularly impressed with what I have seen sofar.

btffc

Quote from: razor05 on April 12, 2024, 12:03:32 AMWhat do you think of Armando Broja? He was loaned out from Chelsea this season. I thought he would be good because he is young and has much potential. Unfortunately, he did not play at all and didn't make a positive impact for us. So, what do you think? Will he start progressing if we give him more time? Do we need to activate his buying clause?

If for some reason we get an offer we can't refuse for Muniz then I would be fine if we purchased Broja for around 15m. Marco does seem to like him and he is very fast for his size so I think there is something to be unlocked there, but I really wouldn't want to pay much more than that and I really wouldn't be fussed if he goes somewhere else.

Yorkie_FFC

if we purchased Broja for around 15m....
[/quote]

It a big gamble and for me that's the max I would be considering too. He did alright with a run of games at Southampton - 6 in 32 but 2 of those were in the League Cup against a League 2 side so not the greatest to judge on. I hope we do keep Muniz but if Chelsea are valuing Broja at £50 million or even considering a sale to Palace (if you believe the papers) for £20 million then Muniz has to be worth at very least £50million especially as the likely destination would be to a top 10 Premier League side.

WindyCity

Quote from: Yorkie_FFC on April 12, 2024, 10:02:59 AMif we purchased Broja for around 15m....
It a big gamble and for me that's the max I would be considering too. He did alright with a run of games at Southampton - 6 in 32 but 2 of those were in the League Cup against a League 2 side so not the greatest to judge on. I hope we do keep Muniz but if Chelsea are valuing Broja at £50 million or even considering a sale to Palace (if you believe the papers) for £20 million then Muniz has to be worth at very least £50million especially as the likely destination would be to a top 10 Premier League side.
[/quote]

I always have a bit of a chuckle when I see the Chelsea valuation for Broja, a player that can't even crack FFC starting XI, much less make the bench.  That said, I agree, that a 15M-20M price tag might be justified for Broja.  But I would also add your valuation for Muniz of 50M is suspect.  This player has really no proven track record to justify that price.  Still very early days for Muniz's career and development.  Only 20 EPL career appearances.  Just sayin.....

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on April 12, 2024, 04:23:18 PMI always have a bit of a chuckle when I see the Chelsea valuation for Broja, a player that can't even crack FFC starting XI, much less make the bench.  That said, I agree, that a 15M-20M price tag might be justified for Broja.  But I would also add your valuation for Muniz of 50M is suspect.  This player has really no proven track record to justify that price.  Still very early days for Muniz's career and development.  Only 20 EPL career appearances.  Just sayin.....

I think 50m is probably not what he's worth given his resume, but it is probably the price at which Fulham would start to consider selling him.

I also don't expect the striker market to be as hot this Summer especially at the top end. Of the big clubs Arsenal need a striker but Havertz is growing into that role so that might not be a priority, United need a backup for Hojlund and Chelsea would probably want someone but who knows what they can actually do with their financial situation. Then for top targets you've got Gyokeres, Toney and Zirkzee from Bologna so Muniz is gonna be reasonably far down the list of targets and probably too expensive to get him out of Fulham given what he's done so I really don't expect him to leave this Summer or for there to be much of a fuss over him.

PSG and Spurs are wild cards though. PSG aren't thrilled with Muani and Ramos so they may be looking at bringing someone new in especially with Mbappe departing and there are rumors about Saudi wanting to buy Richarlison which would put Spurs in the market for a new striker. The other factor that could drastically change things is if Muniz gets into the Brazil squad this Summer then performs in the Copa America. As soon as someone puts on that yellow shirt, the interest in them increases tenfold especially if he were to score a couple goals. Probably no accident that Pereira's appearances in March was quickly followed by increased interest in him. That would likely prompt a late Summer bidding war for him.

razor05

What do you think of Armando Broja? He was loaned out from Chelsea this season. I thought he would be good because he is young and has much potential. Moreover, if you check out the SportScore platform, you will see that his stats are promising. Unfortunately, he did not play at all and didn't make a positive impact for us. So, what do you think? Will he start progressing if we give him more time? Do we need to activate his buying clause?