watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The rise and full of fulham

Started by MickTheBeard, April 07, 2024, 12:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

How fans thought we could qualify for Europe surprises me a midfield that don't score many players who are good sub players not lst team wilson,triore lukic .On paper we might not win another game liverpool,manchester city,brentford,Luton it's not looking good we haven't the money to plug the holes due to past mistakes was tempted to go corporate in the riverside before I give up getting to old for supporting my team but when told no discount for old age pensioners my thought was if we were not in the premier league they would be knocking on my door for that reason alone hope next year we are relegated especially with better quality coming up.

Asotosyios

Good lord Mick! "...hope next year we are relegated..." is a bit too low, even for your standards.

AJW48361

Quite a few Fans you talk to would prefer Championship Football, mainly Fans at the Triple Lock age range.

SP

Quote from: AJW48361 on April 07, 2024, 09:49:27 AMQuite a few Fans you talk to would prefer Championship Football, mainly Fans at the Triple Lock age range.

Funny, I'm approaching the triple lock range myself & we discussed this yesterday. Love the Championship but appreciate we must be in the top flight.

The standard of football is the best I've seen but the match day experience definitely isn't IMO.

southwest6

I do like the chmapionship, but let's be honest, it's only fun if you're challenging for promotion or play offs. Other than that, it's pretty depressing.

I'd much rather mid table prem vs mid table championship.

filham

Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 07, 2024, 12:45:04 AMHow fans thought we could qualify for Europe surprises me a midfield that don't score many players who are good sub players not lst team wilson,triore lukic .On paper we might not win another game liverpool,manchester city,brentford,Luton it's not looking good we haven't the money to plug the holes due to past mistakes was tempted to go corporate in the riverside before I give up getting to old for supporting my team but when told no discount for old age pensioners my thought was if we were not in the premier league they would be knocking on my door for that reason alone hope next year we are relegated especially with better quality coming up.
[/quote
Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 07, 2024, 12:45:04 AMHow fans thought we could qualify for Europe surprises me a midfield that don't score many players who are good sub players not lst team wilson,triore lukic .On paper we might not win another game liverpool,manchester city,brentford,Luton it's not looking good we haven't the money to plug the holes due to past mistakes was tempted to go corporate in the riverside before I give up getting to old for supporting my team but when told no discount for old age pensioners my thought was if we were not in the premier league they would be knocking on my door for that reason alone hope next year we are relegated especially with better quality coming up.

I do sympathise with a lot you say and have just come to realise that Premier league football means that we have to accept the Riverside stand set up and all the objectional policies that go with it.

However to have Fulham playing in the premier league along with world class players is is so, so good. If now we could reach the top half of the table that would be wonderful. Beating teams like Man.U., Arsenal and Spurs is tremendous and provides unforgetable days.

Think back to the doldrum years, 4th division football, and the day when we lost to Torquay and were thinking of non league football, lets not risk that again. I am afraid I will accept a lot of things I would like to reject in order to preserver premier league football at the Cottage.
In particular I would like to see players wages cut in half but realise this would be a short cut to relegation.

H4usuallysitting

SP

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 07, 2024, 10:54:03 AMThe bot can't spell Fall

I think that's one thing we can all agree on - we're definitely full of Fulham!

The Old Count

What a pathetic, illiterate post. I wish this person would just own up to being a Brentford supporter.

demeant0r

Any fan who wishes for their club to be relegated is not a fan. Be gone, bot!

Jim©

If any more proof was needed that mick the beard is a troll, here he is to provide that proof. What a fool.

HobGoblin

Starting to think this guy is either a chealse fan or a neanderthal.

perry geyton

Quote from: southwest6 on April 07, 2024, 10:11:01 AMI do like the chmapionship, but let's be honest, it's only fun if you're challenging for promotion or play offs. Other than that, it's pretty depressing.

I'd much rather mid table prem vs mid table championship.
It's true it's hell if your struggling

We just have good memories of it because we had a couple of good promotions and a play off

Fulham Tup North

Please feel free to use pauses...
Thank you...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Mick clearly has an issue with writing and particularly with sentence structures. He has never shared with us but it could be that he suffers a learning disability. Those that write him off as a bot or a troll, call him pathetic or illiterate, could perhaps show a bit more empathy and understanding.
This board is a broad church and by football standards we are a generally decent lot. How about we have a smile at Mick's posts but give him the benefit of the doubt?

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on April 09, 2024, 08:10:58 AMMick clearly has an issue with writing and particularly with sentence structures. He has never shared with us but it could be that he suffers a learning disability. Those that write him off as a bot or a troll, call him pathetic or illiterate, could perhaps show a bit more empathy and understanding.
This board is a broad church and by football standards we are a generally decent lot. How about we have a smile at Mick's posts but give him the benefit of the doubt?

Well said Twig. I was thinking similar.

MikeTheCubed

I talked to Mick briefly in the Bricklayers Arms about 5 years ago. Eccentric maybe but certainly no troll.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Twig on April 09, 2024, 08:10:58 AMMick clearly has an issue with writing and particularly with sentence structures. He has never shared with us but it could be that he suffers a learning disability. Those that write him off as a bot or a troll, call him pathetic or illiterate, could perhaps show a bit more empathy and understanding.

You could be correct & I apologise - but, the original poster never replies to any post's....is that not a characteristic of a bot....but - I'll refrain from replying to the original poster's post's

The Old Count

Quote from: Whitestone on April 09, 2024, 09:03:06 AM

So you are suggesting that we should show understanding and empathy for someone who only posts when we lose, who never has anything good to say about the club or the people who work at the club. Who constantly critisises the way it is run without offering any positive alternatives. Who would like to see us relegated. Who repeatedly posts insulting and unpleasant comments about the owners of the club.
I am sorry. I don't think I can.

demeant0r

Quote from: The Old Count on April 09, 2024, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 09, 2024, 09:03:06 AM

So you are suggesting that we should show understanding and empathy for someone who only posts when we lose, who never has anything good to say about the club or the people who work at the club. Who constantly critisises the way it is run without offering any positive alternatives. Who would like to see us relegated. Who repeatedly posts insulting and unpleasant comments about the owners of the club.
I am sorry. I don't think I can.

My thoughts exactly. If you even have an inkling that you wish to see Fulham relegated then you're not a Fulham fan, no matter how much you dislike the PL.